Rogues QQ Try ele shaman

Arenas

compared to the past hah ele shamans were bad every season but season 8

season 8? the entirety of WotLK would like a word with you. caster teams were rampant back then. and actually, just about every caster provided roughly the same burst potential.

season 8 was probably the epitome of horrible in terms of pvp for rogues (of ALL specs) and enh. shammies (read: ONE out of three specs). i wouldn't put this xpac on the same level of bad for rogues as WotLK. i think our burst damage is average with a few other classes, but our sustained damage is pretty weak. as is our survivability and mobility.

you can't just say 'i want to use Ele as my PvP choice, so it needs to be good.' there are plenty of rogues who would love to stay Sub for PvE, but it's not maximizing their potential.

edit: forgot to add a word
Why are the few idiots trying to defend blizzard for the current state of elemental? It's absoloutly horrid and needs a survivability boost. What if we don't want to heal and we dont want to melee, we want to be casters? Saying reroll to a mage or a warlock is like telling rogues to reroll to feral druid or warrior because they are good.
1 - You're comparing a spec to an entire class, you have resto and enhance which are both very viable

2 - What's the point of this thread? Both Rogue and Ele suck, it isn't a who's worse competition
12/05/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Slappedup
Why are the few idiots trying to defend blizzard for the current state of elemental? It's absoloutly horrid and needs a survivability boost. What if we don't want to heal and we dont want to melee, we want to be casters? Saying reroll to a mage or a warlock is like telling rogues to reroll to feral druid or warrior because they are good.

No one is saying ele is good. that ele is in the right spot... they are talking about what this thread was made about, which is rogues (who only have one role to fill that is not that strong) should stop complaining so blizz can work on ele (who have resto to fall back to).

Why don't we change this to fix everyone and not just one spec of one class that can fill multiple roles?
THese posts are moronic.

Ele is a SPEC... Rogues are an ENTIRE CLASS. THere is a HGUGE difference.

When an entire class is struggling, that leaves very little room for any viability / play options. Shamans can spec Resto and be pretty much the top dog healer atm or go enhance and do KFC. Rogues can... die?

Rogues are having the same issues WW / DK / Healing priests are having.. THey all need some serious loving.

I resto shammy is far behind a resto druid or holy pally currently and alot of us PREFER not to heal..........
Claiming posts are moronic then go on to break it down and BREAK OFF SPECS claiming they are havign issues because you are to retarded to see Ele Shammies got beyond hosed with the totem nerf.
THese posts are moronic.

When an entire class is struggling, that leaves very little room for any viability / play options. Shamans can spec Resto and be pretty much the top dog healer atm or go enhance and do KFC. Rogues can... die?

Rogues are having the same issues WW / DK / Healing priests are having.. THey all need some serious loving.

This argument sucks.
12/04/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Christhemity

Try to survive as an elemental shaman in arena. The burst is to high you simply cannot live with the weak defenses we have

I'm a Ret, I know what having the worst defensives in the game is all about. At least you have your 48k Healing Surges. I have my 23k Flash of Lights and my 37k WoGs that cut my damage down by 60% if I have to use that over Templar's Verdict.

wog is instant no mana cost no cd healing surge hits like 30k tops costs a ton of mana and is almost uncastable because anyone with a brain will sit on an ele all game and ret has 2 bops bubble amazing wogs a shield wall for magic damage freedoms aura mastery.... oh yeah i have astral shift for 6 seconds

compared to the past hah ele shamans were bad every season but season 8

season 8? the entirety of WotLK would like a word with you. caster teams were rampant back then. and actually, just about every caster provided roughly the same burst potential.

season 8 was probably the epitome of horrible in terms of pvp for rogues (of ALL specs) and enh. shammies (read: ONE out of three specs). i wouldn't put this xpac on the same level of bad for rogues as WotLK. i think our burst damage is average with a few other classes, but our sustained damage is pretty weak. as is our survivability and mobility.

you can't just say 'i want to use Ele as my PvP choice, so it needs to be good.' there are plenty of rogues who would love to stay Sub for PvE, but it's not maximizing their potential.

edit: forgot to add a word

Rogues were incredibly op in vanilla bc and cata tho in cata i knew a rogue that was 1700 he got legendaries and within a week he was 2400 bam like that. A 2400 ele is a 12 year old boy's dream. Rogues in vanilla 1 shotted with ambush (i know there was no arena) in bc they still were doing incredible damage and i wasnt playing during much of wrath but i did see multiple 2700 rogues on my server in wotlk so they couldnt have been that bad. Ele sustained damage=13k lightning bolts with 2-3k flame shock ticks. Our burst is incredible but we lack mobility and survivability way more than rogues. As far as mobility we can speca freedom totem thats it. As far as survivability pick your poison with the talents: Rallying Cry or a 6 second shield wall with a 2 minute cd. You guys got 2 vanishes, cloak of shadows, recup, combat readiness or the feint talent. (The feint talent is basically astral shift without a cd)
1 - You're comparing a spec to an entire class, you have resto and enhance which are both very viable

2 - What's the point of this thread? Both Rogue and Ele suck, it isn't a who's worse competition

I agree its not a competition it just pisses me off rogues are op probably 10/12 arena seasons and ele was good like 1/12 and GC jumps right on fixing rogues. Oh but dont worry they are fixing ele too by taking away our totems while silenced. And i compare elemental to rogues because elemental is the only offensive casting shaman spec. All 3 rogue specs are melee dps so elemental is pretty unique to shamans. Resto is the only spec anyone every affiliates with a shaman now and we dont even have that anymore. So i guess you could even say im comparing the state of the shaman class to the rogue class
As with Shaman, I don't think the problem lies with the specs, it's the fact that Blizzard has not yet rectified the issues with Warriors and Mages. Once those classes are brought under control, and to a lesser extent Destruction Warlocks, life will be better for all specs.

Most likely because Rogues have been adressed and have recieved buffs due to the complaints. While in the meantime anyone with half a brain can faceroll an ele shaman, and Blizzard seems to think that the only spec we have is resto. Just like the rest of the people i this topic.

I personally think rogue damage is fine, considering they also have strong cc's. Same with frost dk's, I feel like they do the right amount of damage, not too bursty, not too weak. Maybe a slight nerf -Slight- to their damage, as they do have death pact+anti magic shell+blood presence, you can't run from them, and they can train you.

Us ele shamans have a stun that can be killed/avoided and a 45 sec cd hex that still allows you to move around. OOOOOOOOO SOOOOOO SCARRRRYYYYY

Plus our burst is easily countered with a simple shield (absorbed damage=no procs) or with a silence/stun. It's not hard to tell we're bursting either, I'm a giant flame guy that grew 5x the size of my goblin.

I think there's too many OP classes atm to be talking about who is actually underpowered and who isn't. Some classes (like dk's/ret pallies/rogues) are doing the right amount of damage while some are hitting 3x as much (warriors/mages/locks) making the others look underpowered as all hell.

I agree its not a competition it just pisses me off rogues are op probably 10/12 arena seasons and ele was good like 1/12 and GC jumps right on fixing rogues. Oh but dont worry they are fixing ele too by taking away our totems while silenced. And i compare elemental to rogues because elemental is the only offensive casting shaman spec. All 3 rogue specs are melee dps so elemental is pretty unique to shamans. Resto is the only spec anyone every affiliates with a shaman now and we dont even have that anymore. So i guess you could even say im comparing the state of the shaman class to the rogue class

This probably has a lot to do with the fact that we're an entire class, and you're just one measly spec that nobody really cares about fixing with the current state of resto shamans.
[quote]
Rogues were incredibly op in vanilla bc and cata tho in cata i knew a rogue that was 1700 he got legendaries and within a week he was 2400 bam like that. A 2400 ele is a 12 year old boy's dream. Rogues in vanilla 1 shotted with ambush (i know there was no arena) in bc they still were doing incredible damage and i wasnt playing during much of wrath but i did see multiple 2700 rogues on my server in wotlk so they couldnt have been that bad. Ele sustained damage=13k lightning bolts with 2-3k flame shock ticks. Our burst is incredible but we lack mobility and survivability way more than rogues. As far as mobility we can speca freedom totem thats it. As far as survivability pick your poison with the talents: Rallying Cry or a 6 second shield wall with a 2 minute cd. You guys got 2 vanishes, cloak of shadows, recup, combat readiness or the feint talent. (The feint talent is basically astral shift without a cd)

i can't comment on WoW during vanilla since i joined shortly after BC started; and even in BC, i sucked pretty bad at pvp, but i remember reading often about rogues being op (as well as a few other classes/comps). as far as cata - we were 'borderline' op until legendaries and heroic T13 gear came out. i never bothered with legendaries or the raid gear, though i remember seeing rogues decked out and just destroy folks (me included). was it wrong? definitely. i thought it was stupid. even the rogues doing it thought it was stupid.

rogues who were able to hit 2300+ in WotLK were usually carried, to an extent, by their teammates. i hit 2275 running with a disc priest (who still had very good offensive burst then) and mm hunter (stupidly op against casters). since the majority of teams were caster cleaves at higher ratings, we had a slight advantage with our hunter. but i'm sure both of my teammates would tell you we didn't utilize a lot of teamwork. i'm willing to guarantee the amount of casters would dwarf the amount of rogues at 2500+ back then on your server.

again, maybe you lack survivability/mobility more than rogues as ele, but what we have doesn't get better if we change specs. assas has better sustained damage, but pathetic energy regen and bad burst.

as far as 2 vanishes: that's if we spec out of our mobility talent.....

cloak? 2 min cd. is it good? definitely, but cd should probably be 1.5min with our current survivability.

recup? .....not real sure why you even mentioned it for this expac (hint: it's horrid now).

we need CR and talented feint. without CR, we go down too easily (see: rogue survivibility without cd's). besides, that's viable only against melee and hunters.

bottom line: dk and rogues are well known this expac to have poor survivability, with dk's having less mobility than rogues. those are two entire classes that have no other spec to choose from so they can be viable. you can still spec resto and be very strong. so for that, people are going to tell you to !@#$ and just spec that if you want higher ratings.
Seeing so much of this "lol just spec resto" nonsense explains a lot to me about how ele got to where it is.

Very unfortunate that just because we happen to have a healer spec we get deep-sixed a million years down the priority list for fixes.
THese posts are moronic.

Pretty much all this.
So apparently almost no one reads what's been posted before. I explained why spec v class isn't an argument.
Ele, Enh, and Resto are three completely different playstyles. Ele is a caster, enh is a melee, and resto is a healer. You shouldn't be pigeonholed into resto just because it's the only viable spec. Ele should still be viable, and the fact that resto is viable doesn't mean nothing should be done for ele.
12/04/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Locusts
You guys just had season 11 to faceroll with legendaries i dont even wanna hear it lol still plenty of rogues at like 2500 i challenge you to find a 2500 ele shaman this season

Why play ele if you can just go resto?

If you want to do damage, then why not just play a lock or mage? It's been how many years and elemental was only good when it could take 75% of someones health in a global? You'd think players would have gotten the hint that blizzard has no intention of balancing ele in arena but apparently not.

WORST ARGUMENT EVER. Such an egoist. If you wanna dps with weapons, why don't you just play a Warrior or a DK so???? OMG DUDE.

Because players should have free choice, he wants to deal damage with Shaman, he doesn't want to just spam fear or blanket silences and stuns, he wants Shaman, so he deserves a good and balanced class.
Just because a class have a healing spec, doesn't mean everybody should be forced to heal, some people just want to deal damage but heal a little too.

Why play ele if you can just go resto?

Rogues in this thread GTFO