2 Questions I need answered please.

Customer Support
So I'll go straight to the point.

1 ) I've gotten Mists of Pandaria as a present but I live in the EU and play on the US. I'm aware I can't play with that game key, so I've contacted support to ask if they could exchange it ( example ; if I could mail the EU key and they validate it through their servers and mail me a US key in exchange ) . I was wondering if I just wasted my time sending that ticket or if they would actually do this ?

2 ) I've come across this prepaid mastercard site ( yes, it's an official site not a scam ), which acts like a paypal. You deposite money onto the account through any means, including direct bank transfer which is the easiest way for me, and they generate a virtual prepaid mastercard code. Basically all the details which would be on a real prepaid mastercard needed to complete a payment, and then the funds get withdrawn from your account instead.

So in short it's like paypal, however it acts as if you were paying with a prepaid mastercard. Would this work to pay for subscription time using the Prepaid MasterCard payment method ?

Site in question ; http://www.neteller.com/
I was wondering if I just wasted my time sending that ticket or if they would actually do this ?

Unfortunately, Frozthax, we are generally unable to exchange a product purchased from another region. Was it a digital purchase? You should be able to contact them for a refund.

12/05/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Frozthax
So in short it's like paypal, however it acts as if you were paying with a prepaid mastercard. Would this work to pay for subscription time using the Prepaid MasterCard payment method ?

I should note that while you are able to use prepaid cards for many transactions they are not directly supported by our systems. The reason normally lies with the fact that our systems check against what we have on file for your account as well as what is listed on the card.

Some cards can be registered though, and if you are able to do that, and create a Billing Profile specifically for that method of payment, you may have some success using it.

Though I cannot speak for this service you are referring to, if it functions in the same way, you may be able to use it.
Not sure if Greendot is offered in your region, but it is like a credit card you just add money packs to it rather than charge. (Got mine at the local pharmacy/Rite Aide.) Have had no issues with wow using it for the last 3 years.
Thanks for the response. I saw some posts about people getting their game keys exchanged ( with physical copies of the game ) so I'm hoping I'm not gonna left in the dust and can exchange it aswell.

As for the credit card, I just noticed the company also can mail a physical Prepaid Mastercard, with no apply or monthly fees. If I were to deposite some euros into it, and have it convert into US dollars would I be able to purchase that way, even though the prepaid card would be from the EU ?
Thanks for the response. I saw some posts about people getting their game keys exchanged ( with physical copies of the game ) so I'm hoping I'm not gonna left in the dust and can exchange it aswell.

As for the credit card, I just noticed the company also can mail a physical Prepaid Mastercard, with no apply or monthly fees. If I were to deposite some euros into it, and have it convert into US dollars would I be able to purchase that way, even though the prepaid card would be from the EU ?

As far as I know, you have to make the payment in USD. Putting Euros on the card and using it to make a purchase in USD should be possible, but you're subject to exchange rates and possibly a fee to do so.

Exchange rates are also not exactly stable, they change from day to day. Check with the card issuer. If I can use my bank card(Visa) to purchase items in Canada for Canadian dollars, you should be able to.

I'd still check to be sure with the card issuer.
I know about the exchange rates and would not be bothered to pay the small fee :) I just wanted to know if it would be possible to pay using an EU mastercard prepaid or if I had to get a US prepaid card for some weird reason.

Also on regards to the EU to US key exchange I got a rather awesome reply from support.

Well hello from the world of Blizzard,
*Welcome to the place where problems go to be RESOLVED!*

♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*
I'm Halley with account and technical services and I would <3 to help you today!

We can certainly exchange this for you if you can do me a favor and attach an image of the key you need changed.
♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*
Just so you know, this ticket is automatically marked as resolved.
In no way does that mean this is the end of my support.
If you still have issues , dont be a stranger<3! Just click "I still have a problem".

♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*
Warm Regards,
Account & Technical Services
Halley C . (♥_♥)
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
battle.net/support
%

I've never seen such a warm happy reply from a support ticket, of any game for that matter ^^ Thanks for giving me some hope Halley !