The fire spreads: A name is freed.

Wyrmrest Accord
Finished my brit lit paper.
There's only so much bull honky an English Lit major can dish out.

Working on American Lit and Poe right now.

/sets up fireworks for when you are done

Good lord, I don't miss writing English papers. I swear, it's like "Ten ways to make up stuff in a way that sounds semi-convincing".
12/08/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Snuffit
Good lord, I don't miss writing English papers. I swear, it's like "Ten ways to make up stuff in a way that sounds semi-convincing".

And the instructions say:
"Please provide twenty."
Update:
These papers are kicking my !@#$.

"How does Milton use imagery to manipulate the reader's impression of Satan in Paradise lost? Write 5-7 pages."

"Compare the levels of guilt felt by the narrators in Poe's "Cask of Amontillado" and "Tell-Tale Heart". 5 pages minimum."

"600-800 word essay on values of non-western cultures we have studied." (Not bad.)

Oh, how I long for the good old days.
12/08/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Areng
Oh, how I long for the good old days.

It's not the amount that's bad.
Nor the topic.
It's the combination of the two.
And the instructions say:
"Please provide twenty."

/snickers

It's not the amount that's bad.
Nor the topic.
It's the combination of the two.

Oh heck yeah. It's like, do we really need 5-7 pages to describe Milton's imagery of Satan? That seems more like 1-2 pages to me. I could probably do it in two paragraphs.
12/08/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Snuffit
Oh heck yeah. It's like, do we really need 5-7 pages to describe Milton's imagery of Satan? That seems more like 1-2 pages to me. I could probably do it in two paragraphs.

I was limited to the first two books of the entire epic.

I was limited to the first two books of the entire epic.

Sigh. Then you don't even get "Evil be thou my good." That's the best part. Bad instructor, bad.
Sigh. Then you don't even get "Evil be thou my good." That's the best part. Bad instructor, bad.

RIGHT?!
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.
I feel your pain, Thokk. I had to write three crazy programs in C and C++, draw 200 hands, and create a video game (with a supplied engine, thankfully) involving my own assets and code from scratch. Doesn't sound like much, I know, but god do I wish we had 48 hours days -- or an ability to sacrifice sleep and gain productivity.

But this is what I get for deciding I want to be a programmer and a production artist.

Your literature major partly explains why your wring is so excellent.
12/08/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Ansirem
Your literature major partly explains why your wring is so excellent.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
Nope.avi

Stole the style from Enekie.
Go love her.

Stole the style from Enekie.
Go love her.

Maybe she needs to offer writing degrees. I'd take her courses.

I've learned a lot from her, as well.
Valliac sat, hunched over a desk, finishing his work on a parchment. A voice from behind jolted him out of his work. A female voice, Tauren.

"What are you working on?" the voice asked, laced with worry.

Valliac sighed, "...nothing, my friend. Just something I need to do."

"May I see it?"

"If you must. I need to go get a few things."

The Tauren moved to the desk as Valliac disappeared through the door.

To the people of the Horde,

This morning in a coordinated effort, in broad daylight, the Kor'Kron have executed the leader of the peon "uprising". Most of you have already heard whispers, some of you saw the deed yourselves. This individual was not a criminal. The sights of the Kor'Kron have become corrupted, silencing those who speaks against them and their changed Warchief.

Recent events have changed the Horde. They've made us fearful and, in response, more hostile. Leaders of the Horde have become paranoid, fragmented, angered and battling among themselves. Assaults on what were originally friendly cities and territories by your Warchief bring fear to the citizens of the Horde.

While nothing, including this questionable action against the orc's own, will stain the glory of the Horde. Let the life of one specific orc live on. The people will endure. Time There will always be questions. There will always be uprisings. Do not falter. Do not give up. Leadership shall pass, in time. In it's darkest hours, the Light of the Horde will shine again.

- Valliac

The tauren put the parchment down, in shock. "The 'Thokk' is dead?"

Valliac re-entered the hut with a large crate. "I'm afraid so. One orc. Executed. Hellscream has gone too far, this time. He was the peon's driving force. The people need to know. Most hear rumors, of whispers in the dark corners of Orgrimmar. Light needs to shed on this subject to all, including the peons."

"You can't do this. They'll arrest you."

Valliac opened the crate. Metal reflected the candle-light in the hut. He began to put the armor on. Spikes and horns studded the helmet and various peices of armor. "Not just arrest. I refused Hellscream's demand to assist in Pandaria."

The female put the parchment down. "Then they'll label you as a traitor."

"I know."

"They'll come here and come after your family."

"I know."

"You need to disappear."

"I know."

"But you can't get very far. The Kor'Kron are everywhere."

"I know."

"So where the hell do you expect to go?"

"I don't know."

"You can't do this. You could let it go. You're not an orc. It's not your issue."

Valliac walked up close to the tauren, close to her face. "This isn't like the old fights with the Alliance. If no one does this, no one knows. Everyone's terrified of the Warchief and the Kor'Kron. The last time I let things go, people died. Three killed, over twenty injured. Most lost their homes. I'm going to do this correctly. If i'm captured or killed, let it be a small penance for all the things I got wrong before."

"...Agreed. what do you want me to do when the Kor'Kron get here?"

"You don't know anything. I left."

"You won't be coming back, then?"

Valliac paused for a moment, then put on his helmet. "...I don't know."

Valliac nodded and walked out of the hut.

---

My first and only attempt at doing stories with detail. Much better at writing script-style stories. Also some cobbled-together Ic explanation for Valliac's absence. Always enjoyed the Thokk stories, though.
12/08/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Valliac
My first and only attempt at doing stories with detail. Much better at writing script-style stories. Also some cobbled-together Ic explanation for Valliac's absence. Always enjoyed the Thokk stories, though.

D'aww, thanks, Cap'n.

I loved the somber feeling that flowed from it.
Like too much paint in too small a bucket.
We should all get Orc masks and wear them on the day Garrosh dies.

V for Vendetta up in this hitch.
Fantastic read my friend. Very well written.
12/06/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Thokk
I began to write on the back of my leader's flyer using one small broken fang and the blood from my mouth as ink and quill.

That's hardcore, I approve.
We should all get Orc masks and wear them on the day Garrosh dies.

V for Vendetta up in this hitch.

Yes. Please.
Thokk. I've watched you since I first saw the first Thokk. You were the only person I knew who would even consider RPing a peon, but even still I don't know what Thokk is. So... What is Thokk? To you, mate.

What is Thokk to you?
12/09/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Anár
You were the only person I knew who would even consider RPing a peon

Swobu was here long before I.

So... What is Thokk? To you, mate.

What is Thokk to you?

More of a 'who'.

Sit, and I shall share a tale.

Thokk began during a D&D 3.5e campaign with some RL friends. He was a half-orc frenzied berserker barbarian that I wasted two points in teaching him literacy. His antics led me from slaughtering an inn to playing "beat the bartender"; a game that's rules were basically the same as "odd or evens" but when I heard this, I haymaker'd the bartender, took the money, proclaimed my victory in puny human game, and proceeded to climb the nearest church and leap the 80ft. to the ground, praising Kord, and converted half the town.

The campaign went on and I used doors as shields, launched a catapult with a catapult that launched ourselves into the main base, killed an elder evil with a +5 keen dagger (crit) after botching and losing my greataxe and greatsword.

Eventually, the campaign ended and I wanted to keep Thokk. My friends and I began college and we all started playing WoW (WotLK was the expac at the time).
We rolled on Nesingwary (PvE) and I first rolled a human, but at level 19, deleted it and changed to an orc.

I had always heard stories of a WARchief named Thrall in this game by players and thought to roll an orc the same class as Thrall and to become a better warchief.
"WARchief" must mean "WARRIOR".

So I rolled a warrior and named him Thokk.
'Lo and behold, level 30, I find out Thrall is a Shaman.
I ain't rerolling Thokk.

Fast-forward through leveling, noob first experiences with the game, crazy antics with RL friends, and leading a guild called <Auir>, it was the only time I'd ever be a GM. (Look it up, Nesingwary realm, it's still there, and yes, I misspelled it, though not on purpose.) All the way through 'till a few months after Wyrmrest Accord opened its doors.

I stepped away from Nesingwary and friends that rarely played anymore to this realm after playing as a DK named "Ihcapnek".
(OH GOD, THE NAME BACKWARDS. I WAS SUCH A BAD RP-ER). But Marlo and <Fortress> gave me the chance I needed to hone my skills in Roleplay as "Ihcapnek the Savage."

But I missed my Thokk, my level 80 orc warrior on Nesingwary.
So I brought him here.

Bringing him here and knowing NOTHING about Orc lore, I went with the most simple of stories, and the most unlikely...
I saw a post from Swobu and sought to become better than him.
A peon, with no great destiny or interesting history...
How I robbed the glory from him and hated it after a while, roleplaying as a supporter of Swobu, a peon who followed after his idol.
But only "Thokk" was present.

I began to RP less and less until I hardly ran around on Thokk.
It was his time to die as an RP character.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079838647

And it was done, the first Thokk was dead.
But I would not relinquish the name. Thokk was mine by creation.
But I knew not where to take his story.
Eventually, I worked him to become a soldier that supported peon revolution and the leader, Swobu, but I was only ever recognized as a peon, not a fighter. So the second "Thokk" died.

The third and final one came into play, with an idea... a false peon. A wise and smart orc playing off as a peon, taking hits instead of Swobu; a martyr.
It was in this that Enekie granted me an end to Thokk forever in her latest story.

And I am thankful.
So the idea of Thokk can live on in many, a martyr for the weak and downtrodden, how a hero should be. But Thokk was and will be - to me - this warrior who never became the hero he desired to be, like Swobu.

Simply a broken figure with no real story that I could create, only build off of due to the inspiration of others.

He was Wyrmrest Accord's secret community project no one ever knew they controlled.
And I was the player who listened.
And you've finally given me the kick in the pants to make my own peon. Behold, Basa, out for revenge for the 'murder' of Thokk, armed with a scythe and his own fists!

Again, both you and 'Thokk' will be missed, mate.