Frost Mages just Faceroll every class.

Arenas
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
one because i play a shaman

and

two because i play a mage

if a frost mage dies to an enh shaman, since 5.1, they need to stop playing their mage because they dont get how to play it. a warrior is a much easier class to play for the golden in hit macro of doom.
12/05/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Restomania
i love it when Mages that aren't even 1550 or They don't PvP try to come here and counterargue anything that could potentially happen.

what does 1550 have to do with anything? duel me infront of stormwind mr 1550?
12/05/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Restomania
i love it when Mages that aren't even 1550 or They don't PvP try to come here and counterargue anything that could potentially happen.

Coming from you....

Check my statistics.

Also my main this season is vexna on darkspear.
12/05/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Raw

what does 1550 have to do with anything? duel me infront of stormwind mr 1550?

Dannng Dude wants a duel cos 1v1 is totes balanced Rofl.
Cause mages can put out a ton of damage within seconds and you have the audacity to say that your class needs "more"
Also. Stating that someone seems extra mad makes you a noticable troll. Once again.
It was funny. I was in a bg yesterday and I got froze by the pet then Frostbolt for 120k then frostbombed for 105k into a frostfire bolt for around 140k. So good game blizzard. 8 years into the game you still can't balance this game. But why should you care? you just got buy lap dances every night and say screw the game.

Take blanket silence from the game and an ele shammy would have a fiar chance. As it stands there is NO LEVEL of skill that is going to make an ele shammy compete with anyone close to thier skill level. My class was nto given an escape from everything in the game on a short CD. Ele shammies do not get passive damage reduction. So please educate me on how a ele shammy is supposed to survive the limitless damage a mage does in a single deep freeze and how that has to do with me getting skilled.....

if i played a shaman, i would be able to tell you.I have been killed bursted by shamans before, they do damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKnYyX76hiE

every class has burst..mages might be easier to set up the burst, but every class can defintly burst someone down quick!

You do understand all ele shammy burst is able to be CCed. RNG procs are the biggest source of elemental burst outside of have ascendance up, and if an ele is able to free cast with ascendance popped you are blind or stupid. not to mention how simple it is to negate the Lava Burst damage by a simple dispell of flame shock on top of everything else. Lightning bolt has a faily long cast time considering how pitiful the damage of it is. So basically outside of CDs popped Elemental damage is hard cast and very easy to shut down.
Frost Bomb needs a damage nerf to the ground, I kill people with little to no thought even without the fire blast glyph(Herp derp frost bomb deep freeze + shatter). Buff Frostbolt sustained to encourage casting and give Frost Bomb more UTILITY after nerfing its damage to kingdom come to encourage other talent choices.

This isn't the only thing that needs to be looked at, though. Mage talents are essentially abysmal atm because of the spellsteal nerf forcing people to spec into Incanter's Ward for more mana, while all other choices are unreasonable. You might as well just remove talent trees altogether, blizz.

P.S. I'm confused at all of the FFB/Frostbolt QQ, I never manage to get it to hit for over 75k on fully geared targets.
12/05/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Raw
Raw don't act like you actually have a noticible say in this Rofl. you are only arguing about this because you WANT frost mages to still be OP because you play the class cos it's OP. Only a true mage player would actually know what's wrong and agree to some points where nerfs are needed To their own class.

what? i been playing a mages since i started playing wow, and i barely pvp.

every class is gonna whine about a mage being op..

have you ever thought put your !@#$ing totem down, so your totem takes our deep freeze?do you know how many times i went against a shaman in arenas, they ghostwolf out of line of sight and healed like 50% health in 2 healing waves or whatever it is called? shamans op.

i have been hit for 100k+ lava burst..shamans op, i do get hit while hexed and still stay hexed..shamans op..

Now thats how stupid you kids sound.

grounding totem is easily canceled with a single ice lance.

frost bomb, non-exaggerated, will crit for over 100k in a deep freeze if cast by a geared mage, on a fully geared opponent.

the fact that mages can burst people for most of their hp every deep is rather ridiculous.
12/05/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Woopey
It was funny. I was in a bg yesterday and I got froze by the pet then Frostbolt for 120k then frostbombed for 105k into a frostfire bolt for around 140k. So good game blizzard. 8 years into the game you still can't balance this game. But why should you care? you just got buy lap dances every night and say screw the game.

120k frostbolt? damn!
105k frostbomb? only 105k?
140k frostfire bolt? wow!!!

so im guessing the mage had every buff in the game for his frostbolt to hit you that hard, then you purged them all off, which would explain the FB only hitting for 105k, then the mage was clearly hacking and got all his buffs back when he used FFB for 140k.
In general Mages shouldn't have Frostbomb or it should be on a longer cd and not be affected by haste.
OP -- Just hitting 100k? Higher on me.
12/05/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Linqt
i can honestly say hunters are the most op class pvp wise.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brb gotta change my pants cause I just pissed myself.

You do realize that hunters counter mages right?

Plus in 3s (which is how this game is balanced not 1v1) GOOD players, aka not Raw, actually just kill the pet so the hunter is worthless. Why do you think hunters have been asking for MM buffs?? BM is easily shut down, and it's just a really stupid spec in general.

Mages just need their burst toned down, deep freeze overall is a fun spell and I don't necessarily think it needs a nerf considering the one it already got.

I don't mind mages having loads of control considering that is the mages forte, however combining control, dmg and survivability is kind of a joke. Nerfing frostbomb and icelance and buffing frostbolt could actually make the class fun again. The mage play style in wrath was at it's best imo, decent dmg, decent survivabiliy with still more than enough control, it also had the highest skill cap in the game out of every class unlike todays mages, which are at the level of BM hunters and we all know how easy BM is.

Damn you Linqt! Was playing random bg last night, came in a bg in progress, u killing 32 hordes. I soooo wanna kill you!! Only did once. Hehehe.
12/05/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Eva
P.S. I'm confused at all of the FFB/Frostbolt QQ, I never manage to get it to hit for over 75k on fully geared targets.
Yeah, they're typically exaggerating or got hit during bgs with random damage buffs. Our damage is fine, frostbomb is the only one that needs a nerf.
12/05/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Restomania
In general Mages shouldn't have Frostbomb or it should be on a longer cd and not be affected by haste.
longer cd wouldn't do anything. People would still cry the moment they got hit by one (and rightfully so). The spell doesn't need to be removed, lets be reasonable here. Just nerf the damage. Removing it from frosts mastery would fix this problem.
12/05/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Eva
Mage talents are essentially abysmal atm
It is a bit off topic, but yeah you're absolutely right. There is no variation between one mages spec from the other. PoM - Ice Barrier - RoF - Coldsnap - IW. No reason to take anything else. The rest of the talents are terrible in arena.
Removing or changing Glyph of Fire Blast would be a good start.
Burst damage is just retarded, not only frost mages, but what really ticks me off is that they seem to be immune to the nerf bat, I am just a casual random bg player, and mages are really ruining my enjoyment of the game, cant argue on arena or more serious pvp but at least on random bgs, frost mages just seem to dominate.

I saw this video on frost mage damage and I just could not believe it, the damage plus all the cc is... well I don't know why do I even bother to qq on forums, just wanted to add that I also hate mages and I am but hurted :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfAtl6h8AA&list=UUpg2nZJhp7gW6hlFBaKONpA&index=5
Burst damage is just retarded, not only frost mages, but what really ticks me off is that they seem to be immune to the nerf bat, I am just a casual random bg player, and mages are really ruining my enjoyment of the game, cant argue on arena or more serious pvp but at least on random bgs, frost mages just seem to dominate.

I saw this video on frost mage damage and I just could not believe it, the damage plus all the cc is... well I don't know why do I even bother to qq on forums, just wanted to add that I also hate mages and I am but hurted :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfAtl6h8AA&list=UUpg2nZJhp7gW6hlFBaKONpA&index=5

that video is disgusting....
Mages were shatter combo'ing people in Cata Beta. Nothing Changed. Nothing is going to change here.

Im not mad, I have stop playing arenas till they get fixed and yes, Mages are high on that list of things that are wrong with arenas. I have a mage that im really good with that I refuse to play because I can't stand the play style.

What gets me upset are morons that can't admit that their class is maybe a tiny bit over the damn top. "cough"mages"cough"

i get bursted down by ever class pretty quick, does that mean i can say they are op?

just because you get outplayed/dps'd does not mean they are op, maybe you just have l2p issues?

have you thought you are a paly which isn't squishy, can heal and think you shoulld do as much dps as a squishy pure dps class?

Squishy? Since when are mages squishy? Are you mentally ill?
Just because mages wear cloth doesn't mean they are squishy, you have blink which is pretty much a trinket + disengage on a short CD (the most OP defensive skill ever, no other class can scape from stun at will AND run away pressing 1 button that easily), you have Ice Block that is a great panic button, you have a great shield that absorbs a huge amount of damage, you keep melee enemies constantly slowed/rooted, therefore they aren't an issue, against casters you just silence, deepfreeze and kill. It's just so much in few buttons and with simple mechanics. You don't have to deal with Embers or Chi, your mana never ends... you just stomp and stomp and stomp and stomp...
Even Paladins are easier to kill than mages, you just wait for HoF to end, pin them down and burst...