Why was the idea of carrying melee and ..

Hunter
ranged weapons ever taken out of the game? I miss having badass melee weapons.
Probably to reduce the amount of crying between Monks, Druids and Hunters about the polearms/staves.
At least we retain the ability to equip them for aesthetic reasons.
still baffles me, I always looked forward to acquiring cool dual wield weapons for looks, i also always liked raptor strike.
Don't forget wing clip. That was one kick-!@# ability.
Mongoose bite and counterattack. Nobody even remembers those anymore. Oh... and lacerate.
Personally I think having our bow on our back looks awesome. Makes more sense too, rather than running around with a melee weapon displayed that we almost never used, then when we went to shoot, pull a bow out of our asss.
12/04/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Stalkings
Oh... and lacerate.

Ya, but we dont talk about that anymore
12/04/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Ahmazing
ranged weapons ever taken out of the game? I miss having badass melee weapons.

Monks

Edit: To be clear, they didn't want to have to juggle a stat stick on the new class (i.e. Relic, or Thrown?)
12/05/2012 05:08 AMPosted by Rämbo
Personally I think having our bow on our back looks awesome. Makes more sense too, rather than running around with a melee weapon displayed that we almost never used, then when we went to shoot, pull a bow out of our asss.

I get what you are saying, it makes sense but it doesn't, because how could you shoot a man at point blank range with a weapon such as Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle (hope that's the right ID >_<) it's just to big to make sense :P. anyways, I just miss having dual wield, plus with the xmorg, it just swarms my mind with xmorg ideas that I cannot do anymore, unless I just wanna run around Stormwind like that for looks. anyways.

On a side note, I do like carrying the bow/gun on my back. you are right about that, it is cool. but I think it'd be cool to have the gun on your back + weapons at your hips.
Stat sticks are neither fun nor interesting and they clog loot tables.
because how could you shoot a man at point blank range with a weapon such as Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle (hope that's the right ID >_<) it's just to big to make sense :P

Yes, because being closer to a target would impede a lump of metal's ability to punch through a target.