[A/RP] Harbor Market, 1st Sunday Every Month

Earthen Ring
Good greetings, roleplayers of Earthen Ring! It's been some time since I posted Harbor Market updates on these forums, but I thought I'd bring back a current version of Ye Olde Harbor Market thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074378643

Let's get started!

Q: What is the Harbor Market?
The Harbor Market is an Allianceside merchant's market that began June 27, 2010. It has been hosted bi-weekly since, and is now a monthly event that visits each Alliance capital city on a rotating schedule.

Roleplayers are encouraged to come as vendors or buyers to sell/buy ingame professions, roleplay items, recruit new members to their guild, or entertain. The market also includes a raffle, and fireworks shows and parades for special occasions.

Q: When does the Harbor Market occur?
The Harbor Market currently occurs on the first Sunday of each month in a different Alliance capital city. This thread on the community Earthen Ring RP Network (earthenring.net) will update regularly to let folks know when and where the next market is in town.

Q: How do I get involved?
There are many ways!

• Sponsor: a sponsor is generally a roleplay guild that helps advertise for the market, chooses a theme, and provides entertainment for market-goers. Past examples include weapon demonstrations, cook-off contests, and charity drives.
  • Manager: market managers are alts in the <Council of Merchants> who dedicate their time to networking, advertising, and organizing the market. It's a busy position and the work they put in is much appreciated!
  • Vendor: vendors set up booths at each market to sell items, ranging from ingame mats, craftables, food/drink, or roleplay items such as those made by addons. Vendors are encouraged to be innovative with their wares and sales pitch and can sell their items for gold should they wish.
  • Shopper: a shopper is a market participant who comes to meet roleplayers, buy items at the market, and participate in the raffles and contests. All are invited and are encouraged to help along the ingame roleplay economy.

Q: What does a Harbor Market look like?
Here are some screenshots!

Here are folks gathered for the end-of-night market raffle: http://bit.ly/YCFrvz

And here's an aerial shot for the second anniversary celebration: http://bit.ly/11Xx8bO

Q: I'm not a roleplayer but I want to sell things. Can I get involved?
Yes, but with a catch! If you'd like to participate, please roleplay your transactions. This can be done with a few /says and /emotes. If you have any questions, give Annalynda, myself, or another CoM member a ring.

Q: I'm not from Earthen Ring, but can I get involved?
Yes! Roleplayers from other realms are invited to join us by rolling an alt on Earthen Ring or using cross-realm zoning. Just note that if you take the latter method, you won't be able to trade with ER players or join us when the market visit Stormwind due to CR limitations. However, cross zoning is an ever-changing feature and we'll keep you all updated.

If you'd like bring your own local realm vendors, go for it! Just give Annalynda, myself, or other CoM folks a ring so we can organize the vendor booths. We like to keep things spaced out and mitigate chat spam so folks can keep up with roleplay.

Q: I have another question.
No problem, just sound it off here and it will be answered. This thread will be updated regularly.
And to add: the next market Harbor Market date is coming soon!
Yay, Harbor Market!
Always glad to see activity from the Harbor Market. It's a great place for spontaneous and relaxed events, and one of the things that initially hooked me when rolling on this server.
What about the no bears policy?
12/05/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Taonichou
What about the no bears policy?

Bears are the root of all evil! That goes without saying and therefore, do not even need to be written into the OP!

Yeah, that's it!
We Pandaren are not evil though! Come on, give me a hug! :D
Hello, please feel free to contact me in game for anything related to the Harbor Market. We are always looking for more vendors! We usually host a raffle too, great prizes!
12/06/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Lyeng
We Pandaren are not evil though! Come on, give me a hug! :D

*hugs*

Pandaren people are so friendly and un-bearlike! I couldn't like them any more than I already do!
I'm looking for a new place to RP that isn't Goldshire and this has me interested. How does it work? Do you have to be part of the Council of Merchants to be a vendor, or can I just bring my tailoring?

I might give this a go when the next Market comes. Is there a date?
I'm looking for a new place to RP that isn't Goldshire and this has me interested. How does it work? Do you have to be part of the Council of Merchants to be a vendor, or can I just bring my tailoring?

I might give this a go when the next Market comes. Is there a date?

Hurrah, questions! Thank you for asking.

No, you don't need to be part of the Council of Merchants to be a vendor. A vendor can be anyone with something to sell, and you can sell ingame craftables, materials, or creative GHI items. The CoM guild is mainly here to help organize and put-together markets.

As for when the next market comes to town, it's shifting to a monthly schedule since CoM folks are quite busy these days and a lot goes into a market. So as of this moment (please don't write this in stone!) the next Harbor Market will be on January 6th. The final guild sponsor and location are being decided.
This alone makes me want to transfer and interested in going to Alliance.
12/11/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Raijiin
This alone makes me want to transfer and interested in going to Alliance.

That's awesome to hear and thank you so much for the bump! :D
Always wanted to be a vendor at the Harbor Market, /flail

Just need to not have raid times on sun!
/bump

Just a heads up to folks that as you travel for the holiday season, the Harbor Market will come to town Sunday, January 6th! Mark the date on your calendars, more details coming soon.

Happy Winter's Veil!
/bump, updating the thread title with the date!
/bump for update!

The January Harbor Market will be this Sunday, January 6th from 8 - 10 p.m. in the Stormwind Harbor District. This month, it's sponsored by the folks of the <Alliance Protectorate>!
/bumpity, it's today!

Come to support the ingame roleplay economy, compete in a raffle, and watch fireworks! This month's theme is all things Alliance. For the Alliance!
Thank you to all the folks who came to this evening's festivities, and congratulations to Fraxinus and Darreon for winning this month's Harbor Market raffle.

Till next time, folks!
/bump

One week counting: the Harbor Market comes to Darnassus to celebrate the last day of the Lunar Festival. Come to the Darnassus gates from 8 - 10 p.m. for food, fanfare, fireworks, night elf finery, and fun.