Insane in the Membrane...bugged?

Bug Report
So I started doing the Insane in the Membrane achievement pre MoP release when their was nothing to do. My problem with it now is the bloodsail and steamwheedle reputation. I raised my bloodsail reputation to honored first and then tanked it to max hated to get my steamwheedle all exalted. After I got it, I didnt get the achievement. Mind you, all of the other reputations neccesary were already exalted. I had put in a ticket about it at the time and spoke with a GM who basically said, "We'll look into it." and I never heard from him again.

So just now I finished going back to farm bloodsail reputation....from max hated to honored. I hit honored, once again, no achievement. Is their something I'm missing or is it just bugged? I can't do these grinds anymore :(
Just to be clear -- are you certain you hit honored? I know a lot of people, myself included, thought that the Bloodsail Admiral title was at honored, but it's actually at friendly.
Yes I am currently honored with bloodsail
b
I'm rather certain that you need to complete all the objectives at the same time. Meaning Bloodsail needs to be Honored at the same time that Steamwheedle is Exalted.

There's a reason you get a title of "Insane". It's an insane achievement to get.
Unless it has been changed recently that is not the case.
12/05/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Iceiceice
Unless it has been changed recently that is not the case.

Actually, the achievement itself has going through little to no change, in terms of how you get it. There is much discussion/debate, with various other players adding anecdotes about how they got it and such. But this is really how it's always been.

Again, that's what makes the achievement "insane". It's easy to farm Booty Bay guards until you get Honored, then farm Bloodsail until you get back to Exalted. But I'm rather certain that's not how the Achievement works.
You do not need to be honored with bloodsail at the same time as exalted with the cartel. I have the achievement on my main, and I did Bloodsail first, then goblins and most definitely did not have them at the same time.

Search for Insane in the Membrane on the bug report forums and you'll see that many people have been told my GMs that the achievement is bugged and being looked into by Blizzard.

You are welcome to make your own post in the bug report forums about this too if you like!

Here is a direct link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/
12/05/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Xilver
Search for Insane in the Membrane on the bug report forums and you'll see that many people have been told my GMs that the achievement is bugged and being looked into by Blizzard.

And you can also find: http://wow.spectralcoding.com/insane/emailshtml/email26.html

With GM's stating that you need to have all the reps at the same time.
I'm going to assume that the http://wow.spectralcoding.com/insane/emailshtml/email26.html is a very old post as it was changed from needing all of them at the same time to only having to hit the marks.

I suppose it's possible to have changed it back but I would assume they would have made it apparent of the change in a hotfix/patch.
12/05/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Iceiceice
I'm going to assume that the http://wow.spectralcoding.com/insane/emailshtml/email26.html is a very old post

It's a couple years old, from just before Cataclysm.

12/05/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Iceiceice
as it was changed from needing all of them at the same time to only having to hit the marks

Yes, things can change, and this could be one of them. But I'm rather certain that it has not changed. I'm quite certain that it's always intended to be all reps at the same time, and if there has been a bug, it has been that people have received it the easy way.
You no longer need them at the same time. You did pre-Cata. I got mine in Cata and did not have to have Steamwheedle Cartel and Bloodsail together. This could have been changed in MoP, but I don't believe so.

You can try to put in a ticket and see what the GMs say. It doesn't hurt.
Yeah their is an overwhelming response that the achievement is simply bugged...

As far as the Bloodsail/Steamwheedle reputations go they were changed early in wrath to only needing to hit the marks rather than having them at the same time and it is currently still that way.
12/05/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Madisón
Yes, things can change, and this could be one of them. But I'm rather certain that it has not changed. I'm quite certain that it's always intended to be all reps at the same time, and if there has been a bug, it has been that people have received it the easy way.

It was changed because they took out the quests that allowed you to have the rep at the same time when they changed the old world for Cata. They took out the Shen'dralar rep requirement at that time as well because it was no longer obtainable.
12/05/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Madisón
. I'm quite certain that it's always intended to be all reps at the same time

No.

12/05/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Sepheliya
It was changed because they took out the quests that allowed you to have the rep at the same time when they changed the old world for Cata.

and this was changed again, with the addition of mobs in tanaris, which can be killed for Steemwheedle rep, without hurting Bloodsail rep.
(not that it matters)

This has been raised a few times in the bug report forum recently, with one of the posters stating that they'd met all the requirements and they weren't rewarded with the feat.

While we're told that GMs can't interfere with achievements, it HAS happened in this case, and one of the posters had their feat manually awarded, and backdated to the day when it *should* have triggered.
(I know a few regulars here are going to dispute this if they didn't see this unfold)
It's as if the servers are seeing all the requirements met, and when the requirements are being met, but they're simply forgetting to award the feat.

I'd suggest opening a ticket.
When you get the usual blanket "can't give hints" response, reopen the ticket.
...and continue to reopen it until it is escalated to someone who can force the trigger on the feat.