Is Anduin Wrynn going to die?

Story Forum
Alright, I'm still far from lvl90, but I've been reading the stories of 5.1. Everything looks good so far, and it seems there is something amiss about Anduin.

With some leaked sources prior to patch 5.1.0, and all these stories flashing Anduin out and making him seem like a Jaina 2.0, while still leaning toward the Alliance side (which gives Garrosh very good reasons to kill him)~~I mean, usually when someone is flashed out this way, it means something terrible is going to happen to him/her.

Think about it. Garrosh kills Anduin, who has been fighting for a peace between Horde and Alliance. What could possibly make Varian more outraged? What could possibly be a better evidence that Garrosh has gone mad?
Afaik he doesn't die. Only injured by Garrosh.
The particular quest was never actually tested on the PTR to my knowledge, and datamined dialogue actually points to two mutually exclusive endings. One where Anduin dies, and another where he (barely) survives.

If I had to guess, Blizzard originally intended for Anduin to die, perhaps to be revived later, but then changed their minds for one reason or another. Perhaps they were concerned about a backlash from Alliance players, or perhaps they decided that the only way for Varian to plausibly stay level-headed would be for Anduin to live.

But at this point the truth is we just don't know for sure.
If you don't mind spoilers, then continue reading.

He doesn't die, but every bone in his body apparently shatters. Garrosh likely assumed he was dead.

12/05/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Sydonis
What could possibly be a better evidence that Garrosh has gone mad?

Ordering the Invasion of Gilneas!

No, wait, invading Ashenvale in full force!

No, no, no, being Thrall-stupid and allow a slaver to run the Bilgewater!

Wait, how about Bombing Theramore?

Oh, I know, invading a peaceful land full of Pandaren!

Oh, oh, using a sacred temple as a fortress!

I know, abusing the neutrality of the Kirin Tor!
From what I read, Anduin uses some kind of mallet to destroy the Divine Bell, thus robbing Garrosh of being able to use the Sha to power-up his soldiers, but the result shatters every bone in his body. The ending quest, or, at least the one that is currently up, as the player use a flare to contact Alliance forces to get Anduin medical care.

I hope Velen makes an appearance in helping to heal Anduin, honestly.
From what I read, Anduin uses some kind of mallet to destroy the Divine Bell, thus robbing Garrosh of being able to use the Sha to power-up his soldiers, but the result shatters every bone in his body. The ending quest, or, at least the one that is currently up, as the player use a flare to contact Alliance forces to get Anduin medical care.

That'll probably wait until 5.2, but I would be astounded if it didn't happen at all given Varian's dialogue.

Might not be a bad spot for a Draenei segment of the Trials of the High King really. With any luck Blizzard will have learned their lesson from "A Little Patience" and have Velen and Varian play off each other's strengths rather then depict Velen as being bad at his job. Unlike Varian Velen is a deeply spiritual leader with little track record in military tactics (largely delegating that responsibility to the Triumvirate and other generals). So if the situation demands both spirituality and military tactics, the two leaders should be able to synergize really well.

What right does Anduin have to stop the Orcs from surviving. The alliance will just punish them back into the barrens where they will be encircled by the alliance and have to deal with their people starving and slowly dying out. Garrosh is a hero for doing what needed to be done.
12/05/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Steinsgate
The alliance will just punish them back into the barrens where they will be encircled by the alliance and have to deal with their people starving and slowly dying out.

The orcs need to stop trying to take over the world and make better use of what they do have (and what they can acquire through trade). They could get on fairly well if they were smarter about it.
He's going to try to destroy some magical bell, and the resulting vibration will fracture every bone in his body...

...but no, he isn't going to die.

What right does Anduin have to stop the Orcs from surviving.

How does destroying the bell stop the orcs from surviving, exactly?
IIRC, all destroying the Bell does is stop Garrosh from empowering his soldiers with Sha magic.

As in, having the Sha possess his soldiers.

I forgot, the Alliance even looking menacingly in the Horde's direction now a days is unfair.
12/05/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Falrinn
Might not be a bad spot for a Draenei segment of the Trials of the High King really. With any luck Blizzard will have learned their lesson from "A Little Patience" and have Velen and Varian play off each other's strengths rather then depict Velen as being bad at his job. Unlike Varian Velen is a deeply spiritual leader with little track record in military tactics (largely delegating that responsibility to the Triumvirate and other generals). So if the situation demands both spirituality and military tactics, the two leaders should be able to synergize really well.

I can see it now:

Velen: thanks for letting me heal your son up.
Varian: Np bro. I'm controlling your forces now.
Velen: By your will, majesty.

Draenei lore!
12/05/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Healstime

I can see it now:

Draenei lore!

The fact they'e there is a feat in itself!

Oh and

NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE SHA!!! NO ONE

I can see it now:

Draenei lore!

The fact they'e there is a feat in itself!

Oh and

NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE SHA!!! NO ONE

Says the man with a Sha for his head.
The orcs need to stop trying to take over the world and make better use of what they do have (and what they can acquire through trade). They could get on fairly well if they were smarter about it.

....I smell a real life analog....

In all likelihood the damage done to Anduin pushes Varian into a dark corner and Velen's there to heal Anduin and also probably help Varian.

Let's also not forget that Varian's more than a little jealous of how well Velen relates to Anduin and could be the coming to terms with that could be Velen's part in recognising him as High King.
12/05/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Zophor
Let's also not forget that Varian's more than a little jealous of how well Velen relates to Anduin and could be the coming to terms with that could be Velen's part in recognising him as High King.

I thought Varian was grateful that his son is under the guidance of a powerful being (as mighty as Kil'jaedon and Archimonde)?