I Spend the Entire Arena Stunned and Feared

Arenas
I've been dipping into arenas again, having not done them in about a year. I've begun to get my PvP up date date for lvl 85, but am finding in 2x2 that I generally spend my entire time either stunned or feared or some other debuff that basically prevents me from doing anything in the fight. I usually get out of the first with a spell, then the second hits me and by the time I'm free, I'm dead.

It's gotten to the point where it's not fun at all, and I'm considering abandoning arenas until at least my gear is much better through cps earned in battlegrounds. But before I do that, any advice? I'm a ret pally.

D
Seems you know what you're doing. Abandon arenas as a Ret. With CC the way it is, and Rets the way they are, even I, after severals years as a Paladin, rerolled.
I think the real silliness of it all becomes abundantly clear when time and again you eat 12+ sec worth of cc while being focused down.
I've been dipping into arenas again, having not done them in about a year. I've begun to get my PvP up date date for lvl 85, but am finding in 2x2 that I generally spend my entire time either stunned or feared or some other debuff that basically prevents me from doing anything in the fight. I usually get out of the first with a spell, then the second hits me and by the time I'm free, I'm dead.

It's gotten to the point where it's not fun at all, and I'm considering abandoning arenas until at least my gear is much better through cps earned in battlegrounds. But before I do that, any advice? I'm a ret pally.

D
A lot of the problems with quite a number of players is in fact CC.

You need to hold on to your trinket till you actually need it, your healer is highly (or at least should be) capable of dispelling magical based CC off of you.
Get full dreadful, stack resiliance. When you get to about 40% HP, dont pop your trinket, pop divine shield and use ALL your CDs to burst heal during shield. AoE blind and focuse one target with your burst. If the other guy trinkets focus hoj/foj him and keep using the remainder of your CDs for dmg and off\selfheals. Your partner should be bursting with you and applying his/her self heals as well.

I didnt look at your stats, but use hammer of light of you arent. It gives a decent heal for you and your partner while doing dmg on a 20 sec CD.
Seems you know what you're doing. Abandon arenas as a Ret. With CC the way it is, and Rets the way they are, even I, after severals years as a Paladin, rerolled.

I'm willing to off spec as port, but my guess is that the opponents are targeting the pally (my partner is a dk lately) bc of the fact I can heal pretty well when my holy power stacks (with the exception that I don't have Lay on Hands in arenas, but that's another discussion). Do you think using a prot spec in arenas would help? My guess is, since it's happening every time, is that they're specifically going after the pally first with as much as they have. So would prot allow me to get out any easier or last long enough to heal and get in the fight at least?

D
When you get to about 40% HP, dont pop your trinket, pop divine shield and use ALL your CDs to burst heal during shield.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot, DS and heal. tyvm

D
12/05/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Esmee
I think the real silliness of it all becomes abundantly clear when time and again you eat 12+ sec worth of cc while being focused down.

Amen, welcome to the life of a healer vs cleaves.
12/05/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Duinn

I'm willing to off spec as port, but my guess is that the opponents are targeting the pally (my partner is a dk lately) bc of the fact I can heal pretty well when my holy power stacks (with the exception that I don't have Lay on Hands in arenas, but that's another discussion). Do you think using a prot spec in arenas would help? My guess is, since it's happening every time, is that they're specifically going after the pally first with as much as they have. So would prot allow me to get out any easier or last long enough to heal and get in the fight at least?

D

Frost DKs are hard to play 2's with. They dont have much for defensive CDs. They have decent self heals, and if you throw HoF on them they can stay on the target, but if he gets focused he'll die. If you play 2's with a SPriest or Arms War you'll have an easier time. BoP on SPriest is good if against melees and against casters they have those fears and silences along with dispersion and other really good CDs. Arms just have good control, great damage and pretty good self heals, also, you both can blow !@#$ up.

Stack res! Its worth it.