So Zandalar is destroyed?

Story Forum
.@PrinceMirage They started uniting the other troll tribes for war in 4.1. We found out why in 5.0: The Cataclysm wrecked Zandalar!

In addition to the other trolls, the Zandalari are reaching out to their old allies, the mogu. Ultimately they need to retake a homeland.

I didnt do much questing in Kun-lai so maybe I missed it, but is there a quest talking about how the island is Zandalar has ben wrecked by the Cataclysm?
No precise details have been given. At the moment Zandalar is simply not suitable. What that means is left to be revealed at some point in a later patch most likely.
All we have is Prophet Kar'zul saying how they need a new home because the Cataclysm ruined theirs.

People, including myself, attribute this to the entire island being sunken or partially sunken, hence why it's no longer on the map, and, if all the structures on Zandalar were destroyed, they could just rebuild rather than invade a new place.
12/05/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Zerde
I didnt do much questing in Kun-lai so maybe I missed it, but is there a quest talking about how the island is Zandalar has ben wrecked by the Cataclysm?

No quest text, but there are a few lines from Prophet Khar'zul to that effect.

We NEED dis land! Da cataclysm destroyed our home!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Prophet_Khar%27zul
Ok, I really should do those quests then.

12/05/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
People, including myself, attribute this to the entire island being sunken or partially sunken, hence why it's no longer on the map, and, if all the structures on Zandalar were destroyed, they could just rebuild rather than invade a new place.

Could it also mean the Zandalari want the mogu to retake Pandaria and potentially have the mogu give them a new homeland?
12/05/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Zerde
So does this mean the Zandalari want the mogu to retake Pandaria and potentially have the mogu give them a homeland?

Basically.
Ok, I really should do those quests then.

So does this mean the Zandalari want the mogu to retake Pandaria and potentially have the mogu give them a homeland?

It's still very much undefined. I like to think that Zandalar is not destroyed but simply unable to support life, much like the bleak future shown in the cata dungeon. I also like to think that the Zandalari want the Mogu to revive so they can use their Vaults to terraform Zandalar into a habitable place again.
12/05/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Basically.

Hmm. This makes the 5.2 raid ever more interesting. I wonder if the Zandalari will throw there full support to the thunder king and potentially be wiped out by us adventurers.

Edit:looks like 5.2 is adding a new zone. With any luck its gonna be Zandalar.
Hmm. This makes the 5.2 raid ever more interesting. I wonder if the Zandalari will throw there full support to the thunder king and potentially be wiped out by us adventurers.

Edit:looks like 5.1 is adding a new zone. With any luck its gonna be Zandalar.

I'm assuming you meant 5.2, but the island in question is apparently called "Thunder Isle" and is more or less part of Pandaria. It's likely where the Thunder King has been since his revival, and will be the location of the 5.2 raid.

Now having said that, it's still not impossible we'll see the remains of Zandalar. A Great Seas expansion would probably feature it, although it's increasingly questionable if such an expansion will ever exist since Cataclysm and MoP covered so much of it's potential content. Even so, a brief foray into the ruins could be in order at any time.
I doubt the Mogu would give the Zandalari a homeland... they'll probably end up betraying the trolls
12/06/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Arieus
I doubt the Mogu would give the Zandalari a homeland... they'll probably end up betraying the trolls

They do have a history of playing nice.

it's not like we would ever know, since the Mogu will loose. Although it would be entertaining for them to win, take over Pandaren, enslave the Pandaren, Jinyu, Grummels, Hozen, and kick the Horde and Alliance from Pandaria while we deal with Garrosh.
12/06/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Ximothy

They do have a history of playing nice.

it's not like we would ever know, since the Mogu will loose. Although it would be entertaining for them to win, take over Pandaren, enslave the Pandaren, Jinyu, Grummels, Hozen, and kick the Horde and Alliance from Pandaria while we deal with Garrosh.

Who's to say the Mogu would stop at Pandaria, should they win? By 5.2, the bulk of the Horde and the Alliance is on the Pandaren shore. If the Mogu win, who's going to defend us should they decide to take our lands and enslave us? Ulduman, Uldum, and Ulduar would be pretty good places to pilfer tech, Something high on their to-do list.
I'm assuming you meant 5.2, but the island in question is apparently called "Thunder Isle" and is more or less part of Pandaria. It's likely where the Thunder King has been since his revival, and will be the location of the 5.2 raid.

I'm interested in where you got the information about that place being called Thunder Isle. Last thing I saw were the very early maps they showed at Blizzcon which showed the island being called Zandalar. That disappeared in later maps, and it has been unlabelled in all the current media, to the best of my knowledge.

I was hoping for a raid within the ruins of Zandalar, against the Zandalari trolls and their Mogu allies.We would come in to stop them from launching a full-scale assault on Pandaria. Some potential bosses could be the Thunder King, the Prophet Zul we've been hearing so much about, and Gara'jal, perhaps in some kind of troll construct body, since we destroyed his body in all. OR A MOGU TERRACOTA BODY. Perhaps Shan Bu could pop up too, he's the leader of the Shan'ze Mogu we fight at the end of the Shado-Pan rep grind, but he seems to disappear after he sics his dragon on you.
12/09/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Magnanima

I'm interested in where you got the information about that place being called Thunder Isle. Last thing I saw were the very early maps they showed at Blizzcon which showed the island being called Zandalar. That disappeared in later maps, and it has been unlabelled in all the current media, to the best of my knowledge.

It was actually labeled as Zandalari Isle, which isn't necessarily the Zandalar.

It's still there, just blocked off by invisible walls. You can see it by using Far Sight or Eagle Eye or something like those spells, north of Townlong Steppes.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Unnamed_island_north_of_Townlong_Steppes

I'm not sure where the Thunder Isle name comes from.
It was actually labeled as Zandalari Isle, which isn't necessarily the Zandalar.

You're completely right. That may have even been referring to the little island that they do have right off the coast of Kun-Lai on live. The Isle of Reckoning. But then they decided to keep a mysterious unnamed island ingame, and I conflated the two in my mind. I guess part of me just really wants it to be Zandalar, so we can finally see what's going on there.