Ideas for a Shadow Priest DPS Cooldown

Priest
I use Springs, herb cd, and an on use trinket on my SP along with pre potting and shadow fiend i dont know if i can handle any more CDs!
Personally im having fun on my shadow priest with the way they are. Melee cant touch you and its fun to watch the casters hit cd's just to keep up with you. And in pvp its beastly. Thats what i like the most im not gimped except for 20 secs every 3 mins or what not.

Idk wtf you are smoking or facing the worst melee in the game but most melee and especially warriors will stick to a shadow priest like glue without another class to peel.
I agree with what some people said, it would be really nice to have a unique cooldown without anything being taken away especially for some fights when burst is required. I agree that Priests are fine the way they are now and don't need a nerf but a slight buff in a form of a cooldown, I think wouldnt hurt.
Shadowy Presence

A dark shadow looms over you, increasing your Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mind Flay, and Mind Sear's critical strike chance by 100% for 30 seconds. This is a 3 minute cool down.

Shadow Reincarnation

Your character's shadow takes on a mind of it's own, and all of your spells are duplicated for 20 seconds. This is a 5 minute cool down.
Dooming Shadow

All of your spells have a 20% chance to proc Dooming Shadow, striking your target for an additional 50,000 damage (affected by Spellpower). Last 20 seconds. This is a 3 minute cool down.
Shadowy Construct

Summons a Shadowy Construct dealing 20,000 damage per second for 30 seconds and is capable of critical strikes. This does not share a cool down with Shadow Fiend or Mindbender. Last for 30 seconds, or until killed. This has a 3 minute cool down.

Severed Ties

Your damage over time abilities have their damage increased by 300% for the duration of Severed Ties. Last 30 seconds. This is a 3 minute cool down.
Shadow Affinity (Yes this was an old talent, the name is cool)

Your shadow spells sync up with surrounding negative energy, causing your damage to be increased by 10% for 30 seconds. This has a 3 minute cool down.

Shadowy Crevasse

Summons a shadowy pool underneath your target, causing them to take 30% more Shadow Damage from your spells while the target remains in the crevasse. Last 20 seconds. This is a 3 minute cool down.
Here an idea for a cooldown it work in two parts:

Part 1:
Void Sermons
You have a 100% chance when Mind Flay to gain Void Sermons. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 15 sec. Increases the damage done by your Periodic Shadow spells by 2%.

Part 2:
Calling of the Prince
Instant
Consumes your Void Sermon effects, increasing the damage done by your Mind Flay, Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death 4% for each stack consumed. Lasts for 18 sec. 90 sec cooldown.

I know it's a little bit out there, but somehow I have a feeling this just might work for shadow...
Not sure if trolling or not... but this is the old cata Archangel
Definitely like OP's idea. It doesn't require casting that could get interrupted and doesn't have a ramp up
what priest lack is burst after our shadow fiend is gone our dps drops to hell and even while is up we are no match for any other dps class in game... one thing I notice is my dps is good after saving shadow orbs from trash than after a wipe when we go clean after boss and have to wait until we get 3 orbs while all other classes are going crazy leaving spriests behind... if I would like to see a spell add would be one that helps create shadow orbs to help the lack of trash to create orbs before a boss pull...

my idea of nice new spell

Dark Thoughts.
chanelled 3 sec creating one shadow orb every sec
(2m CD)

Glyph of Dark Thoughts
converts your Dark Thoughts spell into an instant cast spell but it increases it cooldown by 1 minute

please leave some feedback if you like this idea comments or any way that you might change it if you dislike it thanks!..

PS sorry for any bad spelling... dont grammar nadzzi me : )
Not 100% sure on what the desire here is.

Just my opinions, but as I see it -

If we're considering Shadow Priest DPS lackluster and needing a DPS cooldown (Outside of Shadowfiend/Mindbender and/or Power Infusion) to keep pace a few people have pointed out that Shadow DPS ranks fairly well.
In short, we don't need one to keep up.

If we're approaching this from a 'feeling' angle and simply want an extra button to push that feels fun, then you'd have to be willing to give up DPS elsewhere to make up for it. (See also: Power Infusion vs Divine Insight)
However, I'd have to say that on demand burst has never been the playstyle of Shadow Priest. I wouldn't expect any kind of change to occur along these lines. Maybe consider another class if you want more 'push to burst' action?
I'd like if we had Twist of Fate as a passive, but maybe reduce the bonus damage to 8% to make up for being able to take Divine Insight / Power Infusion.
How about some sort of spell where we summon a vile creature from the void that attacks our enemies for about 15 seconds, while at the same time returning mana to us/

wait...
I have to disagree with the need for a burst CD. The best change they could make for us would either increase the rate we generate orbs, or take DP off the orb and just give it a cd.
Here an idea for a cooldown it work in two parts:

Part 1:
Void Sermons
You have a 100% chance when Mind Flay to gain Void Sermons. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 15 sec. Increases the damage done by your Periodic Shadow spells by 2%.

Part 2:
Calling of the Prince
Instant
Consumes your Void Sermon effects, increasing the damage done by your Mind Flay, Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death 4% for each stack consumed. Lasts for 18 sec. 90 sec cooldown.

I know it's a little bit out there, but somehow I have a feeling this just might work for shadow...
Not sure if trolling or not... but this is the old cata Archangel

At least someone picked up on that... old.wowhead.com and Thesaurus.com for the win!

But seriously, I think the mechanics could still work well for Mists spriests without having a significant impact on our ramp up time (2% is nothing) and give us back a much needed burst cooldown that isn't tied to a talent.
The only change I would love to see is removing the orb requirement from Psychic Horror.
Instead give us a shadow healing spell, similar to Word of Glory, but maybe as a HoT. That or, since DP is a single-target spell, an AoE spell:

Shadow Well
Consumes Shadow Orbs

Creates a well of pure shadows at the targeted location damaging nearby enemies in 10yrd range for X damage (increased by Shadow Orbs) and slowing movement speed by 15% stacking 2 times. Lasts 8 seconds.
Pft you guys are crazy, if we get a crazy DPS CD we'll be subject to impending nerfs which will make me sad because I would much rather have sustained awesome damage as opposed to super burst then crappy scratching after.

Orbs are kind of dumb now though, Devouring Plague is cool and all, but I'd like them to do something else too.

Idea- Passive: Each orb consumed by Devouring plague causes a 100% chance to create a Shadowy Apparition and increase it's damage by 5%. This can only happen once every minute.

I think that would be great considering I only get one or two every minute and they hardly do any damage so I think that would be a fair compromise and more controlled DPS.
What is this obsession with burst dps on the pull? Ret pallies have it, and they are not fun (imo). Boomkins have it too with those three starfalls, and I think they have a system of dps that isn't fun at all. Why do we have to have that?
Power Infusion and trinket with a 3 orb DP, followed by dots, Shadowfiend and MF spam is legit burst. I don't know why people are saying we don't have it.

The only downside is that you have to give up the MB procs to get it. If anything I think that MB procs should be baseline for Shadow, and then give us a different form of dps cd, comparable to PI in dps, that we can choose from in that tier depending on playstyle/encounter mechanics.
Actually one of my favorite things about Shadow Priests is that they don't really have a cd. It feels more like sustained dps. Some classes are all Cooldowns. Even in PvP, Spriest is one of the strongest classes at the moment in a burst-filled world without even a real cd. I think DP is enough burst in itself and kind of acts like a cooldown.

My favorite thing about spriest is that they play so much differently than other dps classes. I like where they're at now and wouldn't change anything.