Minor Glaive Toss change.

Hunter
Apologies if this seems nit picky :P

I think this was one of those "stealth" changes. Its not that big of a deal, but I felt its worth mentioning.

I also dont recall seeing this change mentioned in the PN's.

Glaive Toss can now only be used on a target(S) in front of you, or in your liberal line of sight.

What I used to do in pvp when I had to regroup and run from someone is target them, and while running away from them with my back to them of course, throw glaives. This would slow em down and further increase my gap opener and / or chance of escaping. Now this is unable to be done as you will get the message.

"You need to be facing the target."
Never noticed we could do that. I always face my targets cause i'm pro kiter :P
Return of the jump shot, sweet.
12/05/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Dungflinger

I think you're referring to backpeddling, this is not uncommon for hunters.
12/05/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Macobre
Return of the jump shot, sweet.
12/05/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Tuffjuice

You can face your target and still not backpeddle. It's more like sidewayspeddling.
I noticed this too, because now I can't Glaive Toss those little rodents behind me on my farm as my pet is attacking and I'm tending the other crops xD
12/05/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Litlemouse

You can face your target and still not backpeddle. It's more like sidewayspeddling.

I know for some it's not easy but I've been a FPS player for a loooong time. I'm very comfortable with jump shooting, strafe shooting and trick jumping. I play goblin for a reason. Nothin more fun than goblin rocket jumping into a disengage off hills and inclines and aiming into tunnels and what not. The biggest reason I play hunter is for the jump shot kiting.

So o clarify, I always face my targets via jump shooting and strafing. I'd argue that I jump too much, as I'm always jumping as a hunter. And I mean always...I've seen many other hunters like this.

Some players in general are not as comfortable with it and they end up back pedaling or reducing efficiency while jump shorting due to facing wrong direction or whatever. That's just how it is. I don't like to ridicule people for lack of skill...that is unless they're being arrogant or cocky jerks.
12/05/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Litlemouse
It's more like sidewayspeddling

Strafing is what you're looking for here.
Okay, I know strafing (though I never remember to use it), but what is jump shotting?
12/06/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Lerian
Okay, I know strafing (though I never remember to use it), but what is jump shotting?

As you are running away from something, you jump into the air, turn around to fire a shot, then turn back to your original direction before landing. Because the game continues your momentum through the jump, you move forward the entire time you are in the air, regardless of the direction you are facing.
Ah yes, bugs that help hunters = instafix.

Bugs that impede hunters get to stay.

Yep!

Apologies if this seems nit picky :P

I think this was one of those "stealth" changes. Its not that big of a deal, but I felt its worth mentioning.

I also dont recall seeing this change mentioned in the PN's.

Glaive Toss can now only be used on a target(S) in front of you, or in your liberal line of sight.

What I used to do in pvp when I had to regroup and run from someone is target them, and while running away from them with my back to them of course, throw glaives. This would slow em down and further increase my gap opener and / or chance of escaping. Now this is unable to be done as you will get the message.

"You need to be facing the target."

I would recommend practicing the jump shot as most people like to call it for kiting.

If you click then I would start keybinding if you want to be able to kite in pvp.

Ive been able to jump shot for years :P This was just an extra "tool" to use with glaives.

Quit backpeddling in early BC :P