90's ganking.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
What we need is a change in the definition of what constitutes PvP. For me, kills that do not award honor points for any reason (such as "grey/skull level" characters, honorless target debuff or resurrection sickness debuff) should not be defined as PvP and as such should be unattackable. The exception to avoid exploiting would be that if the honorless target participates in/gets flagged for PvP as provided in the current game mechanics, they would be attackable as anyone else.

This would not affect level 90s ganking in Pandaria because of the <=5 level difference and that is fine.
Love this go play on a PVE realm if you can't handle it.... Well blizz forced people to be combined on 3 servers so yes the ganking is 100x worse then it's ever been has nothing to do with not being able to handle it, It's the fact that people have no choice anymore i can't remember the last time i got ganked by someone on my realm. Its always people from different realms which i honestly think blizz should make it where you can't gank people that's not on your realm and leave it like that, but there will always be complaint's with that. But i agree with OP it's quite annoying when u have like 20 90's in one zone ganking you when there not even on your server.... How is that even fair.

Well, I do feel bad for the OP. Kids today confuse ganking with PvP. I applaud games with true PvP credentials that put in mechanics that keep PvP between players of close level. WoW, is embarrassingly unimaginative in this regard.

Many people join PvP servers for the challenge and thrill of world combat. Not to cruise around low level areas and cherry pick lowbies, or spend 15 minutes being corpse camped by a 90.

All that being said, I agree with you, sans-snark. PvE realms are a better choice if you want to enjoy the game. If you ever get the itch to PvP, play another game that has a clue on what PvP is about.

Ganking existed in muds for more than a decade before WoW was even in beta, much less live.

And there you had to deal with either buying your gear back (if pvp was optional and therefore not faction based), or looting yourself because you were a lowbie with nothing worth taking, or getting a backup set of gear because you were decent level or had rebirthed from level cap and had a full suit of good gear from weeks/months spent looting enemies and doing bosses.
Quoted from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement: "You should always remember to protect yourself where members of a hostile race can attack you."

The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are. Since gear is such a deciding factor in this game, not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90. What chance would a lower level have? Basically this makes that level 90 a 'god' that can go around and kill whoever they feel like indiscriminately. This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

Come play Nesingwary :D
12/06/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Kareese
I have an idea. Go play a PVE realm.

She says the truth!
I see a lot of people say "I didn't know what PvP meant when I rolled there" or " I only rolled a toon on a PvP server because my friends play there".

When you beg for your PvP server to be turned into a PvE server, do you even give a thought to the people who rolled on that server because they wanted it to be a PvP server?

You have choices when you make a mistake, either transfer or re-roll.

How is that even fair.

People don't choose a PvP server for fair fights... it's supposed to be harder than a PvE server... it's supposed to be a challenge.
Give all lowbies +1million PVP reslience to get away LOL. Problem solved.
12/06/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Kareese
I have an idea. Go play a PVE realm.
Seems a nice idea to me.
I find ganking lowbies who or trying to quest or gather stuff while not botting to be a sign of cowardice and/or bullying. Often when those who are ganking comes face to face with a level 90, they run (the ones who stay normally end up dead). I know it's a PvP server, but what are you trying to prove by killing someone who is far weaker than you are? The only thing I can think of is that you are afraid of a even fight and/or a bad player.

If I see a lowbie, I tend to leave them alone, or even help them. When they are a lowbie, they are not worth anything to kill. When they are worth honor per kill, that is when I kill them. I do kill lowbies if they are going for PvP objectives like Halaa in Nagrand or the Hellfire Fortications in Hellfire Penn, or if they are botting (I hate cheaters). Otherwise, they are worth no honor, I am not going to waste time and engery I can be using to something more effective or fun, like collecting toy items or some rare Leatherwokring Pattern.

There are far better things to then gank lowbies. By ganking lowbies, you can not improve yourself as a player, or get better gear. All you are doing is wasting time and energy on both yours and the one you are ganking parts. And then you might get your !@# hnded to you by someone they call in to help them.

Instead of ganking, try one of the following things.

1) Finish a unique mog set that will make you stand out among the crowd.
2) Do some random achevements.
3) Collect Battle Pets
4) Do BGs with friends and get better gear
5) Do heroics and get better gear
6) Do raids and get better gear
7) Do arenas or rated BGs and get better gear/rating
8) Do old world stuff for cash/transmog/mounts.
9) Do Loremaster.
10) Work on guild achevements.

There is plently to do that if you are ganking lowbies, you are ruining PvP servers for those who like them for the thrill of what they offer, and laveling yourself as a baddie and/or a coward.
I find ganking lowbies who or trying to quest or gather stuff while not botting to be a sign of cowardice and/or bullying. Often when those who are ganking comes face to face with a level 90, they run (the ones who stay normally end up dead). I know it's a PvP server, but what are you trying to prove by killing someone who is far weaker than you are? The only thing I can think of is that you are afraid of a even fight and/or a bad player.

If I see a lowbie, I tend to leave them alone, or even help them. When they are a lowbie, they are not worth anything to kill. When they are worth honor per kill, that is when I kill them. I do kill lowbies if they are going for PvP objectives like Halaa in Nagrand or the Hellfire Fortications in Hellfire Penn, or if they are botting (I hate cheaters). Otherwise, they are worth no honor, I am not going to waste time and engery I can be using to something more effective or fun, like collecting toy items or some rare Leatherwokring Pattern.

There are far better things to then gank lowbies. By ganking lowbies, you can not improve yourself as a player, or get better gear. All you are doing is wasting time and energy on both yours and the one you are ganking parts. And then you might get your !@# hnded to you by someone they call in to help them.

Instead of ganking, try one of the following things.

1) Finish a unique mog set that will make you stand out among the crowd.
2) Do some random achevements.
3) Collect Battle Pets
4) Do BGs with friends and get better gear
5) Do heroics and get better gear
6) Do raids and get better gear
7) Do arenas or rated BGs and get better gear/rating
8) Do old world stuff for cash/transmog/mounts.
9) Do Loremaster.
10) Work on guild achevements.

There is plently to do that if you are ganking lowbies, you are ruining PvP servers for those who like them for the thrill of what they offer, and laveling yourself as a baddie and/or a coward.

The Horde must be ashamed of you.
12/06/2012 08:03 AMPosted by Kwayn
Love this go play on a PVE realm if you can't handle it.... Well blizz forced people to be combined on 3 servers so yes the ganking is 100x worse then it's ever been has nothing to do with not being able to handle it, It's the fact that people have no choice anymore i can't remember the last time i got ganked by someone on my realm. Its always people from different realms which i honestly think blizz should make it where you can't gank people that's not on your realm and leave it like that, but there will always be complaint's with that. But i agree with OP it's quite annoying when u have like 20 90's in one zone ganking you when there not even on your server.... How is that even fair.

You've got the wrong impression. PvP was never about fairness to begin with.
12/06/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Angrybirdz

If PvP is not supposed to be fair then the word "honor" should not be used because it is misleading.
There is too much PvE on my realm. I am tired of just sitting there and no one ever comes up to attack me but pre-programmed mobs. Why can't I get some world PvP going? I should be able to just walk up to anyone and smack them on the head, regardless of level. Blizzard needs to do something oabout this lack of players fighting each onther on my PvE realm.

See what I did there? PvP is as PvP does. Stop complaining about your own choice.
another "i got randomly killed on a pvp server" thread...

YOU ROLLED ON A PVP SERVER! You signed up for it. Be glad that people can't take or destroy your gear and/or money in wow.
Realm change if you can't handle a little ganking.
12/06/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Arborvitae

If PvP is not supposed to be fair then the word "honor" should not be used because it is misleading.

You get honor for killing soldier of the opposite faction.

It never says anything about gear or level equality.

I don't consider players as neutral civilians.
12/06/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Angrybirdz
The Horde must be ashamed of you.

Not really. If you think the Horde is ashamed of me, then the Alliance must be proud of you for having no spine...
The biggest problem isn't that you can gank. I have no issues with that whatsoever on a PvP server... however, I hate what CRZ has done to it.

This has been posted a number of times before, but the problem is that before CRZ (when I chose a PvP realm for some toons) I could always jump on my main and come back to the zone I was questing in with my alt in order to defend myself.

Once CRZ was introduced, Blizz changed the PvP game. Now there are constantly 90's from other servers able/actively ganking you and others, and yet if I log onto my main and fly down to wherever I was questing, I'm just as liable to end up on a completely different server and unable to exact my revenge!

Having said all this, I actually haven't seen this confirmed by Blizzard anywhere - it would be nice to get a blue to comment on if this is actually occurring, or if you always end up back on the same server as your alt would've been? If that IS what's occurring, in my opinion it's a serious problem, as now you have absolutely no mode of retribution unless you're lucky enough to have some of your own faction 90's or guildies in the nearby area, who are also willing to help you out, which sadly is not very likely anymore.

If, however, you are always able to get back to the server your alt was on, CRZ or not, then if you rolled a PvP server you should expect those consequences, and park your main nearby in order to deal with corpse-camping and the like.

Not very fun for an actual new to the game player though - how long would you last if you just get one-shotted left and right as you try and quest? :P

Food for thought anyway.
12/06/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Arborvitae

PvP Player Versus Player For players who seek out a challenge. Role-play is still optional, but opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere, and at all times. Be on your guard.

This is the description of a PvP realm provided by Blizzard. I don't see the words "honor" or "fair".
Quoted from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement: "You should always remember to protect yourself where members of a hostile race can attack you."

The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are. Since gear is such a deciding factor in this game, not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90. What chance would a lower level have? Basically this makes that level 90 a 'god' that can go around and kill whoever they feel like indiscriminately. This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

When a male Lion takes over an existing pride he immediately kills the cubs that are not his. This way the cubs dont grow up and become competition.

That is why too any PVP server are dying. People are either quitting or moving to PVE realm. Good play kill your PVP realm off by slow death.