Word of Glory Bug still not fixed :\

Paladin
So with the release of patch 5.1 and the new pvp zone out I have discovered that this bug is still in the game.

Numerous times Ive tried to heal myself with target self for heals selected only to find I am "Out of range". Other times its even told me "You cannot preform that action" which Ive rarely seen before.

Posted this in the bug forums again but haven't revived a reply from blizzard.

Anyone else still finding this bug to be affecting them?
I made a macro'd key bind that specifically casts it on myself.
Bump, I'd really like to see this bug fixed. Just make Harsh Words teach you a new ability or something.
12/05/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Yarko
I made a macro'd key bind that specifically casts it on myself.

I shouldn't have to make a macro for a spell that should work correctly lol
Yeah its pretty freaking annoying....why should I have to have 2 WoG buttons with macros on them when one used to work perfectly fine.... I dont have the keybinding space for it honestly..
/cast [mod:shift, target=mouseover] Word of Glory
/cast [nomod:shift, target=player] Word of Glory

I think that's my macro. It used to be...

/cast [mod:shift, target=mouseover] Word of Glory
/cast [nomod:shift, help] [target=target, help] [target=player] Word of Glory

This second macro was better. Without the shift modifier, it would cast WoG on my target, if friendly, and cast WoG on myself otherwise. For some reason, it hasn't worked sense the patch, so I've simply downgraded to the first macro.

Fair warning, those might not be exactly correct, sometimes I forget which to use with semicolons vs. colons, etc.
--

But yeah, they should just fix this.
Not surprising. They still haven't fixed the bug with Avenger's shield not silencing/interrupting anything other than the first target.
12/06/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Not surprising. They still haven't fixed the bug with Avenger's shield not silencing/interrupting anything other than the first target.

That's actually intended - Ghostcrawler himself tweeted about it, apparently it was too OP to be able to silence groups of casters, but that we wouldn't be pulling too many of them anyway (and if we needed to, there was always LoS).
Bugs known about, so you likely won't get a reply in the bugs forums, apparently its a tricky one to fix or something. Meantime macro is the way to go.
I think this:

#showtooltip
/cast [help][@player] Word of Glory

Should solve our problems, though it's still an annoying bug.
I think this:

#showtooltip
/cast [help][@player] Word of Glory

Should solve our problems, though it's still an annoying bug.

Won't this still cast WoG on yourself, even with a friend targeted? I guess it doesn't matter though, since the one I had doesn't work anymore, this may be the best we've got for now.
12/06/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Bravehearth

That's not a bug.