Spinning Crane Kick

Monk
Nothing personal to those of you that play monks, but spinning crane kick does entirely too much damage for how it can be spammed by monks. I have repeatedly had tanks rush through instances because they expect dps monks in the group to spam that kick to kill everything before they can do any real harm to the tank.

Blizzard does need to tone down this ability severely, it is too spammable, does disproportionate damage, and costs too little to use. I could understand the damage better if it was on cooldown, or cost much more than it currently does. Right now as it stands though, it's doing nothing but ruining the game balance.

I do believe Blizzard had a similar issue with DKs when they were first released on Live servers, you would've thought they had learned their lesson from that unfortunate screw-up.
lol
Youve obviously never seen a DK using blood boil at your level.
Nothing personal to those of you that play monks, but spinning crane kick does entirely too much damage for how it can be spammed by monks. I have repeatedly had tanks rush through instances because they expect dps monks in the group to spam that kick to kill everything before they can do any real harm to the tank.

Blizzard does need to tone down this ability severely, it is too spammable, does disproportionate damage, and costs too little to use. I could understand the damage better if it was on cooldown, or cost much more than it currently does. Right now as it stands though, it's doing nothing but ruining the game balance.

I do believe Blizzard had a similar issue with DKs when they were first released on Live servers, you would've thought they had learned their lesson from that unfortunate screw-up.

That's nice, dear.

Now if you're done with your rant, I strongly suggest you continue leveling. You will then see that damage (and heal) scaling is high in the lower levels and balances out when you reach 90.

SCK is fine.
Spinning crane kick, if done right, is one of the better AOE moves in the game. However, I don't think it should be nerfed. I am not way above anyone else in my raid in damage output on AOE. I am only slightly ahead, and only in ideal situations. Plus, as a Windwalker spec it's not spammable like you think it is. It can be used maybe 3 times in a row before you'll run out of energy. You have to use cooldowns or other moves in between spamming it. In fact, to do the most damage, you still need to stop to tiger palm and rising sun kick every time they wear off, as well as fists of fury, etc etc. My AOE rotation is actually quite complex if I want to do the most damage. Sure, some people can just hit crane kick and do okay damage without much thought, especially while leveling up. Consider that a monk has zero cleave ability, though.
SCK has nothing on vengeance stacked tank aoe.

Otherwise, it is in line with other classes that can aoe.
12/06/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Friendzee
Spinning crane kick, if done right, is one of the better AOE moves in the game. However, I don't think it should be nerfed. I am not way above anyone else in my raid in damage output on AOE. I am only slightly ahead, and only in ideal situations. Plus, as a Windwalker spec it's not spammable like you think it is. It can be used maybe 3 times in a row before you'll run out of energy. You have to use cooldowns or other moves in between spamming it. In fact, to do the most damage, you still need to stop to tiger palm and rising sun kick every time they wear off, as well as fists of fury, etc etc. My AOE rotation is actually quite complex if I want to do the most damage. Sure, some people can just hit crane kick and do okay damage without much thought, especially while leveling up. Consider that a monk has zero cleave ability, though.

By complex, you mean tiger palm once, and just RSK on CD. Spam sck inbetween.
Interesting input. I'll admit I may have been a bit hasty in this regard. So with that in mind I'll retract my original statement and make a more informed observation at the higher levels.
My mage and elemental shaman can do more AOE DPS than my monk, for the same character and item level. And they can do it at range, where they do not have to worry about point blank AOE effects; like those little sha in Shado-Pan Monastery, or mobs that use Whirlwind. The issue with SP is they have some of the worst AOE DPS in the game. I do think that should be addressed and Mind Sear should be buffed, some way, some how. But that is an issue with your spec, not our class. And if you do not have Mind Sear yet, that is an issue with some classes getting AOE before others, which I think should be remedied. But again, not a monk issue.
elemental shaman can do more AOE DPS than my monk

No, their cleave DPS is high, their AoE(earthquake) sucks, so much so that they choose to cleave over AoE.
I consider chain lightning an AOE as you can hit 5 targets with it, glyphed. Whether or not you use the glyph, that would depend on the fights you anticipate and whether you will be hitting 3 or 5+ targets. I concur though. Earthquake is hands down the worst AOE spell in the game, period.