CC Popping Up on Screen

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I personally am outraged by this addition that they've added to the game. I'm sure it would be really helpful for someone in the raiding aspect, but for PvP it's no good. I wouldn't at all mind the box in the middle of the screen, what really irritates me is the red "cooldown" timer on your action bars. It sends me into a confusion when it happens, then resulting in a dead player. A suggestion I would like to make is to add an option in the interface menu where you can choose to apply the "CC Box", as I like to call it.
I think "outraged" is a bit over the top.

I don't find it useful and I find it intrusive. It's not a feature we asked for as far as I'm aware and I don't find it a positive addition to the UI.
The worst thing about that red cooldown is that it often ends a bit before you actually regain control of your character, which is clunky.
You can disable the notices via the in-game options menu.
12/06/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Crithto
You can disable the notices via the in-game options menu.

But not the whole thing.

I don't want any of it.
Sacredheals on youtube has a guide to disable the entire thing even the action bars thing. Quite simple.
I agree.
I think "outraged" is a bit over the top.

I don't find it useful and I find it intrusive. It's not a feature we asked for as far as I'm aware and I don't find it a positive addition to the UI.

I find it to overall be a positive addition to the stock UI. Some things could change (enable/disable bar cooldown as part of the standard options) but overall I think it's fine.

You would be astounded just how much you are unaware of in the big userbase that is Wow players.
i've been enjoying it so far. the abilitys i can use aren't put on cooldown. like tremor totem when feared etc.
12/06/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Ibcman
I personally am outraged by this addition that they've added to the game. I'm sure it would be really helpful for someone in the raiding aspect, but for PvP it's no good. I wouldn't at all mind the box in the middle of the screen, what really irritates me is the red "cooldown" timer on your action bars. It sends me into a confusion when it happens, then resulting in a dead player. A suggestion I would like to make is to add an option in the interface menu where you can choose to apply the "CC Box", as I like to call it.

I have a feeling it was added BECAUSE of pvp.

I don't like it either and I don't pvp. My bars greying out was a good enough message, thanks.
12/06/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Vhok
i've been enjoying it so far. the abilitys i can use aren't put on cooldown. like tremor totem when feared etc.

Your hotbars have always dimmed when you are CC'd.

The stupid round CD timer on everything else is annoying.

The only thing it serves to do for me is make me realize how bad my healers are(Dispel the fear/slow/whatever guys - stupid fears in HoF and the stacking crap in MSV) or how freaking LONG some of them are. Especially when they're not dispelled. I'M LOOKING AT THE PRIESTS HERE.
12/06/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Crepe

This describes a feature exactly opposite to the one implemented. Have patience all you players that constantly have three red sentences printed on their screen that resemble "Ability not ready yet". Ha! It is sad that most of the forum posts are quintessentially "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"
I think it's a wonderful feature, I have had the intention of making power auras to serve the same purpose for a long time and haven't gotten around to it out of laziness. This makes it so that not only do I not have to, but people that don't use an similar addon either by ignorance of its existence or by choice now have it default. Only improvement I can think of is to make it more transparent. I don't even know what you're talking about with the bars because my eyes are never ever on my action bars, they're on the area around my character to watch for threats or things I need to respond to.
12/06/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Ibcman
I personally am outraged by this addition that they've added to the game.
I personally am outraged by your repetative repetition.
Ive found this feature INCREDIBLY useful. I used to be a button-mash-during-CC kinda druid. Now I know WHICH spells are negated, and which are still available for me.
it's really bad. the red cc bars often end up killing me. it's fine for people who like it, but an option to turn "everything" off would be nice.