Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

Arenas
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next
Beautiful necro /golfclap
My god this necro
wheres the trinket that allows me to play my toon beyond the gazillion CCs
Burst damage is still too high for PvP. I agree with the aforementioned resil buff. Players are not able to survive an initial burst and while this is important, it should not be the deciding factor in whether a player wins or loses an encounter.

Please do one of the following:

Create a strong diminishing return on pvp power as you did with resil

Reduce or remove the diminishing return from resil

Increase resil and lower healing.

Create a burst resil where the first hit you receive increases your resil by 20% for 10 seconds. In this situation the burst resil cooldown will reset when a player is not damaged by a non periodic strike for five or ten seconds.

Obviously you would have to think this through so spells like moonfire or other periodic damage debuffs don't trigger the effect. This is an idea that would help players survive a burst but not make them invincible. Obviously if you're being focused you'll probably go down but at least this way it won't happen in the first few seconds and gives players time to react.
I think the solution to burst dmg is to buff frost bomb.
On class mechanics:
ya know .. trinket burst might not be so bad if you could use your skills.. cc is op.. so many classes can vanish from combat (fade, vanish invis etc..), as well as instant relocate (shadowstep, heroic leap, port, blink, disengage, etc..) and cc for long periods of time . the burst is only bad when you just watch..how many have had this happen in bgs? (1 ex: horrify>fear>fear>blind>sap > kidneys shot>refear>etc..the uptime on a chain like this is nuts..and theres nothing u can do when yer trink has a 2 min cd AND you can be killed in 14 sec). time to go back to basics guys. sometimes on long projects like wow or like what happened with windows theres too much passed around and things need to be refreshed.. windows xp is a perfect example.. too many patches.. too much overlap
The Solution:
take everything away from everyone and rethink the whole kit-n-kaboodle. giving a mechanic a differant name doesn't fool us.. preist fade now leaves a decoy.. sooo.. your a ranged rogue with fears and heals.. blind. 1.5 min cd lasts 8 sec.. fear.. 30 sec cd lasts 8 sec.. nuff said both have a vanish, both can disarm..
To be clear:
im not a rogue asking for more.. im asking for less. to redefine class abilities to better suit the classes original intent.

Im pretty sure control WAS the rogues thing.

Kidney shot used to be the end all of melee stuns. Now every class has an instant, free, damaging version of the stun on a shorter CD.

People complained about rogue stuns, so blizzard nerfed rogues and then gave every other class the rogue toolkit, on steroids.

Free instant CC that doesnt break on damage? I dont even think that term applies to rogues anymore. Thats what? A blind with the dirty tricks talent? and even then, thats just poison damage. lol.

EDIT: CHEAPSHOT! But imho "requires stealth" is a cost. But you get the point.

This over and over again.
Blizzard, time to start cleaning up the huge mess that came with mop.
I understand as pvp'ers we aren't important. So do most that have been pvp'ing for any amount of time.
I'm not one of those that think that there should be a direct, negative impact on pve beacause pvp is broken however.
With all the insane cc in the game atm its hard not to get insane burst out of just about any class, ramp up time aside of course.
Time to go back to the drawing board, also time to put a simple tool into effect for pvp, similar to the ilvl requirement for lfr.
I've not read the forums to see if anyone has suggested this, but here goes...

Take that !@#$%^- fear out of the game, put it back to the old one. No class should have access to an 8s baseline cc with almost no dr, and have the dmg output/survivability that spriest/locks have.
Giving warriors this same mechanic was amazing as well, thanks for the first season of this expac.
Put gear requirements in pvp. Seriously how the hell do you have a gear requirement in LFR (Looking for.... we all know) and not in pvp.
Everyone complains about pve gear in pvp. This isn't wrath, nor bc, nor vanilla. Ban pve gear via resil requirement for random, rated bg's and arena. To hell with the dragon slayers, if they want to come in to pvp, even random, they ought to have to work to get gear like I do, and if its too hard, like I said to hell with em.
It would be an amazing turn of events to see a little corperate responsibility for the way pvp has gone so far this expac, and I'll say every one I've played since BC.
I'm not in favor of any more dmg, cc, I want fixes. On a reasonable timetable, in ways that make sense.
Oh by the way thank you so much for Ring of Peace. Play a monk? Get ready for a lot of /spit emotes from people you just tuned with a pure mongo ability.
Rollin unholy since mid cata, and sub rogue since wrath. Am I good? no. Is it fun playing these 2 spec's despite not being as "shiny" as others in the past season? Hell yes.
I enjoy getting better for the sake of improvement. Its ok if you want to *!@# on this post, I'll just take it to mean that I'm more ambitious : )
Dat necro.
so quick question
do the share a cooldown with each other if both equiped?
Tyrannical Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest
in both trinket slots, would they both go off at both random times or does one go off and both are put on cooldown
I agree. I went to Isle of Thunder and saw a burst trinket with almost 8000 Strength for the use. If that is not better than your average PVP burst trinket I don`t know what is.
91644520319:
I agree. I went to Isle of Thunder and saw a burst trinket with almost 8000 Strength for the use. If that is not better than your average PVP burst trinket I don`t know what is.

why?
Good grief, please stop bumping this thread.

85165253211:
so quick question
do the share a cooldown with each other if both equiped?
in both trinket slots, would they both go off at both random times or does one go off and both are put on cooldown

I tested this a few seasons in a row, they seem to be on a shared ICD. I can't speak for this, or last season but I don't see it having been changed.
You need to put resil on the epic pvp trinkets or pve trinkets are going to become better.
91645220119:
You need to put resil on the epic pvp trinkets or pve trinkets are going to become better.

they have passive pvp power, isn't that better? or is PvP power really that lame now? seems like PvE is making a come back for trinkets
i agree this is laughable no 1 uses pvp trinkets in serious pvp now
i disagree that burst is a problem COMING FROM ON_DEMAND TRINKETS OR ABILITIES.

i think PROCS AND PROC CHANCES should be toned down b4 on-use burst trinkets that can be avoided with 1 of the billion instant CCs we all have 12 of
Too little to late ,
It seems like the developers do not even pay attention to the game anymore. Burst damage is too high .... gonna take way more than a hotfix to fix pvp. I have a hard time believing that Blizzard cannot do anything about the botting and afking in bgs. This is a much bigger problem than burst damage . I believe it is one of the major contributing factors in player decline and I know I'm just one person but I'm ready to quit the game because of it . How many more are fed up also .
trinkets? what?