BUFF MOONKINS

Druid
Post Limit:
1 2 3 5 Next
so i have been playing wow for a bout a year and a half i play a druid in cata boomins were fun i got damage out and i could beat some op classes but when MoP cameout we got nefed i cant dps a warrior down past his second wind he kills me before i have my dots on

To buff i think you should buff moonkin form right now moonkin form gives you 10% more damage and 15% damage reduction i think to buff monkins we should increse 15% damage and 20% damage reduction also we could have 3 dots moonfire sunfire and insect swarm i think that moonfire and sun fire could do 50% damge un proced and 100% damage proced and have insect swarm doing 100% all the time this will give us 2 and a half dots when one is proced also this will stac very well with celectial alinment and the 4 pice pvp set bounus.

also i think that we should have more star surge procs or be able to cast starsurge while moving

I am sorry for al typos english is not my first langue
Being a moonkin of course I agree and im not even wanting a huge buff more just an additional defensive Cd (moonkin Specific of course) like unending resolve. I did some twos with a warlock and it honestly seemed like a reasonable spell for us to have.

On that note just a small minor thing i think moonkins should have is treants. not as a choice between Incarnation but ya know
To be honest we probably need the old moonkin form armor bonus back. Balance is fine in big group situations and against casters in general, but goes to pieces when focused by a big melee train.
12/06/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Jaii
To be honest we probably need the old moonkin form armor bonus back. Balance is fine in big group situations and against casters in general, but goes to pieces when focused by a big melee train.

I agree it should give a bit more armor on top of the 15%
I've got to totally agree with OP, the state of moonkins is ridiculous. LOUSY burst, LOUSY heals, LOUSY glyphs. My druid's primary spec is resto, but when I play boomy I find it's absolutely pathetic to go 1-1 versus a melee after they destroyed our self-heals, cyclone takes 1.5 seconds to cast (easily interrupted), and we have little to no burst DPS to speak of. Sure we can do well in BG's/RBG's if we're not noticed and just spam DoTs, but that's just random damage-meter stacking, it doesn't do much for trying to focus a kill target.

I don't even play moonkin as a primary stat and even I think they need a huge boost, Blizzard shows once again they have absolutely no idea how to balance PvP
Lousy burst?

Quote from raid member, "What the !@#$, Cyous?!" - "What?" - "Where's the second target, because there's no %^-*ing way your bursting that much." -- Vizier kill (I have video proof, but we're not supposed to have mumble/vent/ts(lol)/skype in any videos, so i cant post that).

SS:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2zefm2a.png

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/unv8zep4pax1u81o/analyze/dd/source/?s=10286&e=10316

Lol. wut burst?
Holy sh.it you got a 500k Starsurge crit?
12/07/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Gaiah
Holy sh.it you got a 500k Starsurge crit?
Skull Banner+CA+Inc+int trinket use+Jade Spirit+his weapon and gear=500k crits. I'm surprised it isn't higher, I've gotten 450k-475k with my noticably lower gear.
I wish our warrior would remember to drop skull banner...
Lousy burst?

Quote from raid member, "What the !@#$, Cyous?!" - "What?" - "Where's the second target, because there's no %^-*ing way your bursting that much." -- Vizier kill (I have video proof, but we're not supposed to have mumble/vent/ts(lol)/skype in any videos, so i cant post that).

SS:

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/unv8zep4pax1u81o/analyze/dd/source/?s=10286&e=10316

Lol. wut burst?

That's in pve...this discussion is concerning the state of affairs with Moonkins in PvP.
We miss seeing them at arena.
Lousy burst?

SS:

Logs:

Lol. wut burst?

It's about PvP not PvE.
Yeah I agree we need some major changes. Our dps CAN be good, but that requires a huge stroke of luck, or once every 3 min you have to pop cooldowns.

Our Eclipse mechanic is terrible. Even with the set bonus for the Lunar or Solar energy boost, we still have way to little control over our dps. Our DPS is higher in a Lunar eclipse state yet because of the mechanic, we are forced to leave Lunar and go into a state where our dps is much lower, unless once again our 3 min cooldowns are up, or you have to spend a large amount of time channeling AC just to get back into an eclipse. You can get a few Wrath casts off to make it to lunar but in battle, starfire takes to long to be able to cast to make it to a solar, considering how often we are the target of the enemy tunnel. Im sorry but when it comes to arenas or even bgs you cant afford to just HOPE things proc, and you cant spend a bunch of time channeling something, especialy with our lack of survivability options.

I hope we can see some good balance changes to this spec in the future...
Cyous loves doing the theorycrafting and has stellar output in pve. He constantly confuses great pve play that very few balance druid players can pull off with us being great in pvp. Several threads have demonstrated this.

We need defensive cooldowns. We need a ranged stun. We need our offheals to not be nerfed or compensated for in some way.
Just eliminate all Boomkins, and re-distribute their abilities among the other 3 Druid specs.

I get bored when the Solar Chickens die during stun lock. Part of the thrill of this is the

challenge.

Save those antlers from their head though, they might be worth something at the Auction

House.

lol...
Random joke:

What did the Moonkin say to the Priest at the Ruins of Lordaeron?

Nothing, he was too busy running away, and being cc'ed / bursted down to respond to the Priest's comment.
lol.
Yeah... I can't even retort... our Class Rep in the forums went MAGE b/c we're so bad.
Cyous loves doing the theorycrafting and has stellar output in pve. He constantly confuses great pve play that very few balance druid players can pull off with us being great in pvp. Several threads have demonstrated this.

Unfortunately, it's the PVE'ers who do all the work and the PVP'ers are the ones complaining. Rather than kick and scream, "I can't play well enough, so it needs to be fixed," learn to game your class mechanics like every other class does. There must be a good reason why Moonkins are viable in Arena and RBGs and Raids and general questing. Learn and find out why.
The only real thing I think we are missing is a core mechanic that allows to conserve or build up to a solid burst, as opposed to relying completely on RNG. Setting up kills & defensive play needs to come back to this game. I'm honestly tired of "I have 1 shot up lets go", or "pom ring/feared the world" is all this game relies around.

"If I don't win it's because 'x' class is imbalanced, for I play 100% perfectly 100% of the time."