THANKS BLIZZARD!!!

Mage
really nice of you to nerf all mages due to top end mages scaling crit too high.
as im sure they are doing fine, im hitting unbelievably nasty non crit runs, i actually went a full 30 seconds w/o a single FB crit, look at my gear, i was under the tank for the first 30 seconds of the fight.

if your gunna make us 100% crit dependent then guaruntee us at least the crit we are supposed to get, or nerf our crit and buff our dmg.

at my current lvl my dps is all over the place, i hit 60-70k 1 fight, 40-50k the next. im not missing spells, my rotation is fine, im just pullin off 19% crit on fireball when i should be getting 36%, and since im 100% crit dependent you can see how i feel like im back in greens.

if top end mages were hitting too high crit, scale down the top end gear, not the class. haste is sp and lock top stat, so reduce crit and buff up the haste to compensate.

I swear the dev's put apsolutily no effort into this game anymore
Care to show any logs?
12/06/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Navius
Care to show any logs?

well....you know my name...obviously....worldoflogs it

or you could just go fire reforge yourself down to 27% crit and find out for yourself
I don't care enough about your own dps to actually look up your logs. Don't like the spec because you're underperforming? Investigate the other specs and switch to one that you think will give you better results, it's that easy.

I know the current state fire is in at the moment, I was just wondering if you were really below the tank for the first thirty seconds of the fight.
ya i was, i cant get above the tank throwin 2.2 sec 53k non crit fireballs, a NT, and a tiny ignite,
im not underpreforming 1/2 the time, at my lvl fire is highly unpredictable because we got nerfed because high end fire mages had too much crit, i dont have too much crit, but i still got nerfed, i did good dps 1 fight, terrible another, fire spec is screwed up again, hence the title of this post.

i dont know why im arguing with an arcane mage
Not my fault you can't get the fact that fire isn't viable through your head, and still choose to underperform in that spec. What's wrong with arcane? There must be a reason why you aren't trying it out, and pulling your raid group down.
Well, some people prefer a certain spec.
The main reason I continued to play WoW is because I enjoy the fire spec (enjoy"ed", maybe better now).

I tried out frost, but it was really boring in PvE.
No offense to the people who like frost PvE. People have their own likes/dislikes.
I just don't personally feel it is fun.

As for Arcane, the punishment(dps loss) for moving around is too much and is just stressful.
Some people feel it is fun to think ahead and minimize the amount of movement,
but I personally don't think that is fun either. The lvl90 talents make it even worse.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. I have nothing against the people who love arcane.
12/07/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Navius
Not my fault you can't get the fact that fire isn't viable through your head, and still choose to underperform in that spec. What's wrong with arcane? There must be a reason why you aren't trying it out, and pulling your raid group down.

His whole point is the fact that fire isn't viable even though it should be. Are you a complete moron?
They nerfed fire because if you were lucky with back to back pyro procs you could bbq a player in a deep freeze. I've never been a fan of fire dps in general it's just feels way too RNG.

Blame pvp for these nerfs. Until blizzard finally does the task of completelely separating pve from pvp this is going to be an issue.
12/07/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Taxmån

His whole point is the fact that fire isn't viable even though it should be. Are you a complete moron?

So he's going to gimp himself just to try and show a point? Can't say I'm surprised.

All I'm saying is he can switch to a different spec if he wants to stay competitive. You can't possibly expect Blizzard to attend your every single call of help, it's going to take some time, even if it's not fair for your class, some have been crap for years in PvE or PvP. You just have to accept the fact that it was our turn to get hit with the nerf bat, and move on. I don't like that fire isn't viable anymore, but hey, what can I do.
12/07/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Navius

So he's going to gimp himself just to try and show a point? Can't say I'm surprised.

All I'm saying is he can switch to a different spec if he wants to stay competitive. You can't possibly expect Blizzard to attend your every single call of help, it's going to take some time, even if it's not fair for your class, some have been crap for years in PvE or PvP. You just have to accept the fact that it was our turn to get hit with the nerf bat, and move on. I don't like that fire isn't viable anymore, but hey, what can I do.

He never said he wouldn't switch, he is complaining about the fact that he has to switch. What he is saying is completely fair. You seemed to respond to this reasonably so I can only assume you are just taking what he is saying the wrong way.

No, you cant. But what you can expect from a game developer to make the game fun. How many mages were fire pre nerf? How many are/would want to be fire now? Thats not good game design, over nerfing. People like specs, not everything is about numbers. I dont think fixing fire is that much of a burden on Blizzard, especially since GC said he would see where fire mages were after 1 week when the nerf hit. Well, its been far more than 1 week, the logs are in, and GC has done nothing. Im not sure why you're enabling this bad game design, maybe im making a huge leap but some people treat it as if Blizzard employees are treated like dogs and never get a wink of sleep. Do you really think they work that hard?
yes we all know fire is terrible now and not worth playing, if you look that is why every mage is arcane.
12/07/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Taxmån

Right. "It's not good anymore" is not an answer.

"Why isn't Fire good anymore?"
"Because it got nerfed."
"Why did it get nerfed?"
"So it's not as good anymore."
"But WHY isn't it good anymore?"
"Because it got nerfed."

It's called circular logic.
If the nerf was really about pvp, why didn't they just nerf shatter
As for Arcane, the punishment(dps loss) for moving around is too much and is just stressful.
Some people feel it is fun to think ahead and minimize the amount of movement,
but I personally don't think that is fun either. The lvl90 talents make it even worse.

Amen to that.

Arcane is like spamming 3 abilities from a miniature prison cell. I don't want to change the spec I enjoy playing because pvp, which I don't give two !@#$s about, was unbalanced.

Instead of crying about pvp, go play cod or some other instant gratification-based exhibition game where you can be as annoying as you want via talking smack to the other player and cheesing your way around.

And shame on blizz for making a class so unplayable.
Blizzard to attend your every single call of help, it's going to take some time, even if it's not fair for your class, some have been crap for years in PvE or PvP. You just have to accept the fact that it was our turn to get hit with the nerf bat, and move on.

so what your saying is that even though blizzard dev's arent doing their jobs, its ok, because we can just find ways around them not doing their jobs?

sorry son, im not paying blizzard to compensate for their lack of workmanship

#1 i pay for this game to not be broken, blizzard rakes the cash in on this game, the least they could do is their jobs

#2 the game as a whole pve or pvp is flat retarded, this game has never been so unbalanced as it is now, in pvp you can thank blizzard handouts of spam ccing,
everyone needs a retardify button, god forbid the opponent have a chance to fight back lets just shut him down for the duration on the fight.
pve, everythings a mess, some classes cant make the meters while otheres are blowing them up with 4 buttons.

3# im not saying mages didnt neccessarily need a nerf, they probably did, from a pve point of view. our dmg was insane, HOWEVER when we are 100% crit dependant and you take away our crit, you become an illogical retard. reducing pyro/fireball dmg by 5% would have dont the trick.
reduced dmg by FB/PYRO initial by 5% crit by 10% reducing ignite and combustion as well, it wouldnt have been a 5% dmg meter reduction it would have been more of a dmg nerf then 5% but allowing us to CONTINUE to be a viable spec. our crit dependance would have been intact. and for those of us W/O 489+ full hit/crit gear would still be fine.

4# 7-8% crit nerf to a crit dependant spec, are you kidding me, the dev that suggested that needs kicked in the face. how did that guy even get hired? do they even play this game? can they do simple math?

as usual however this comes as no surprise, whenever a spec/class is doing ok the devs decide to simply retire the spec for several months and do nothing to fix it

FORTUNANTLY GOOD NEWS!!!!!! THEY HAVE PISSED AWAY ENOUGH TIME NOT FIXING CLASS PROBLEMS AND THE SUN WILL NOW SET IN THIS VIRTUAL WORLD AT THE RIGHT TIMES PER SERVER!!!1 THANK GOD IVE BEEN SO WORRIED ABOUT THAT....LONG OVER DUE

go f yourselves
I just dinged 90 earlier today... and I used to love fire when I tried it out on the ptr back in 4.1.

I heard it's unplayable so I went lolcane. It's fun, but sadly most fights involve moving... and moving sucks when you're lolcane.

How unplayable really is fire?
Oh also, mages have been OP forever. Now that fire isn't the number 1 spec anymore... people are gonna QQ. It always happens. Happened to hunters. Fire will get buffed again soon. Just like hunters did.

12/10/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Magior
go f yourselves

Relax buddy. Don't need to get all mad at the world. You know, you don't have to give Blizzard your money. Just quit.