Number Abbreviation

UI and Macro
Post Limit:
I'm looking to completely overhaul the numbers in this game. I'm one of those people who think the number's are getting too high, so I'm looking for a way to abbreviate them by thousands (500,000 to 500k, etc).

Is there an addon, or setting in ElvUI, that accomplishes this?
bump!
I believe there was an addon back in early cata for this, can't remember the name or if it's still maintained.
Fairly certain I have this enabled in ElvUI, you can also get Mik's to do this for damage and healing spam.
12/09/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Sysop
Fairly certain I have this enabled in ElvUI, you can also get Mik's to do this for damage and healing spam.

I have searched ElvUI to no avail. If you can find the exact option, please let me know!
Personally(although it would be somewhat confusing at first, just because most people prefer separating numbers with the traditional comma between every three digits) I would round off the last two digits.

500,000 would become 5,000h(for hundred). Anything less than 100 would be rounded to display 1h.

Blizzard has considered this as well, and have stated they believe they will be at the point where something will need to be done by the next expansion(either number compression with M or K, or gear level compression[which involves lowering gear levels across the board for every piece of gear currently in the game]).

I was even thinking about what happens when they pass level 100. I know the hard cap(by raw program limit) on level is 255, but 100 seems like it may be a good threshold to give people something else to level into. Like a whole separate class of levels(call them Heroic levels or something) starting back over at 1.

Of course, anyone above that threshold would be benefiting from a huge passive modifier to base damage and mitigation when facing off against any below the threshold(NPC or Player). This is really no different than number compression though, really... it's just a cosmetic adaptation.