Arms dead in pve?

Warrior
I've yet to see 1 Arms warrior in any heroics or in LFR, and the guild warriors are prot for raid teams, is Arms dead for anything but leveling/pvp?
Arms is okay at low crit, ie leveling/gearing, but once you get enough crit (18% seems to be a magic number/rule of thumb) Fury easily outshines, so yeah. Arms is more or less dead in pve till Blizz changes it.
I dunno, I PvE arms and do better with it than I did fury. As fury I was running 28% crit with raid buffs but for some odd reason, I just could hit the high numbers unless it was trash. I pull about 80k on bosses so I'm fine with arms.
I run as arms.
12/08/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Khamûl
I run as arms.

Warriors don't run.
Arms is truly dead in PVE. And it's extremely boring too.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

I usually find my fingers ache from pressing the same buttons over and over again. Not the case in PvP though since you have some abilities that are of actual use. But in PvE especially raids, there's nothing interesting to do other than the occasional interrupt.
12/08/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Primitivo
I run as arms.

Warriors don't run.

I do.
i simply have never got the weapons to do more dps as fury my fury dps is about 3k lower then my arms, so i still run arms in my guild, we arn't amazing but 7/16 heroic and i generally top dps in my guild for a majority of the fights i know i still cant consistently put out as much dps as the top fury warrior but i believe i can hold my own as arms. that being said if i ever get the weapons to go fury i will.
Arms is better for leveling, dungeons, and LFR by a little bit. In normal they are pretty even. In heroic raid gear fury starts to pull ahead a bit with good crit gear.

Mostly it depends on what playstyle you like more though.
I hold multiple top 25 ranks, and I tried out Arms after not playing it since the 2nd or 3rd week of MoP, and did an LFR.

Its comparable, but lags behind.

And on AoE fights fury pulls so far ahead its silly.

The only disadvantage to Fury is soaking up your raids' weapons.
12/08/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Khamûl

Warriors don't run.

I do.

i charge....
I had a lot of trouble switching to Fury from Arms, and I was really skeptical at first, but Fury is a lot better. The trick is the 5% crit raid buff which makes your Raging Blows proc like crazy. If you don't have that buff you can't compare the two.
I've done just fine with Arms in pve since Cataclysm. I am not, however, anything approaching a progression raider, and there's a big difference between that and being 2nd on the meter in LFR. I suppose it depends on what you want from it. The numbers I've seen put Fury noticeably ahead in heroic raid gear, but I don't have heroic raid gear, I like Arms better, and it serves me well.
arms was always dead except pvp and last DS patch because fury was so broke...besides whats better than wielding a Huge 2 hander?? oh wait wielding 2 HUGE 2 Handers.. /sip tea
12/08/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Skillywilly
arms was always dead except pvp and last DS patch because fury was so broke...besides whats better than wielding a Huge 2 hander?? oh wait wielding 2 HUGE 2 Handers.. /sip tea

Yeah except SMF is better... Wahhhh I don't want to be a frost dk with rage!!
SMF isn't that far ahead. Play what you like more. Messing up your rotation will hurt your dps more than not being SMF.

I do.

i charge....

I don't. I wait for the gap creation to happen after I hit them before I charge. So, I run.
12/08/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Malfurios
SMF isn't that far ahead. Play what you like more. Messing up your rotation will hurt your dps more than not being SMF.

Rotation is the same for TG and SMF