Are Warlocks balanced around Demonic Gateway?

Warlock
Just something I was wondering:
In PvP, is Demonic Gateway taken into consideration when making the Warlock toolkit? As in, are we expected to always have it up and are we balanced around the idea that it will always be ready for use?
It's so situational, I can't see how.
Not so much gateway, but we're pretty gimp without demonic circle.
It would be great if Gateway was instant cast.

1. It already takes a while to set up and get a charge
2. Sometimes at the end of casting DG it says there is no path available.
I really wish that it would ALWAYS place a gate at the end of cast if it allowed you to start the cast.

Primarily because it is annoying to wait the cast time to find out it isn't allowed.

But also because then with casting on Elevators, temporary terrain, or using Lifegrip from a Priest during cast, you can put up some amusing "not allowed" gates.
If you can get it up in arena and set you're circle in the right place then you can have some real fun.
I've managed to use it in BGs for quick crossing of rivers and stuff.

Actually got compliment for it in AB once for setting it up for quick passage to the Blacksmithy, made for quick defense response.
seems pretty worthless to me. i never use it because of the cast time, and then it doesn't always place one at the end of your long cast
i never use demonic gateway or circle if it's one on one. my goal is to not get away from people, but to attract them to me and keep them close.
12/08/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Sonofzeus
i never use demonic gateway or circle if it's one on one. my goal is to not get away from people, but to attract them to me and keep them close.

Are you a masochist? You like melee hammering on you?
We're balanced around two things.

1. Demonic Circle/Gateway, which is still kind of in its infancy.

2. A Fear mechanic that is utterly useless to us as a defensive mechanic, and so unreliable as an offensive mechanic that the best you can hope for is a momentary spell interrupt? (search History of Fear)
no, because its a party thing with sooo many flaws.