I truly hate the Disc PvP Set Bonus

Battlegrounds
Okay, I'm 17 BGs into Disc and survivability is better. This is not due to the addition of Focused Will, but because of the reduced burst.

But I can't keep myself up because of the Disc PvP set Bonus. I get Renew up, Stack Grace, and then they start with the CC. I never get to put a Shield on me, I may get PoM on me, but I'll never get a chance to get Flash Heal for the 150% bonus.

This reactive healing just isn't very much the style of Disc. I want to do what I do as Shadow: Put up Shield, PoM, and Renew before I enter combat. Instead, I need to cast them as Damage is incoming in order to effectively use the Diamond Resilience and Burst of Healing. And well, it's possible a 5 second silence can prevent you from using Burst of Healing at all.

I just give up trying to do it the way I think it's designed. maybe I'm not doing it the way the designers intended. If that's the case, I wish the designers would tell me what their intent is. All I can say is that my user experience thinks this just isn't working out, and makes me bang my head on the desk in frustration.
The 2 piece, or the four?
Maybe you need to start shielding sooner, and use IF in conjunction with FH (you can/should put them in a macro) if you're looking to take advantage of Holy Spark.

Look at it as a bonus, not that you have to PoM before every Flash Heal. Believe me, I know how that goes! I have get myself out of that habit with Clearcasting, has got me in trouble a few times. :P
i know where u are comeing from the new Disc 2/4 set may look appealing But honestly with the damage people do this small resil buff and healing buff does nothing i would much prefer to have the Disc 4 set as it used to be with the immune to slows for 3 sec

if they really wanted to make Disc viable in arena again they would add this and make it also effect targes of PWS along with the priest so we finally have a support ability thats not on a huge CD like Leap of faith and we can actually compete with other healers

atm for pvp its roll shad or gtfo why would anyone chose a priest healer over any other healer we are so weak as much as i love shadow i still like to heal but its just not worth the grief i have 100x more survivability and better heals as shad
The 2 piece, or the four?
Maybe you need to start shielding sooner, and use IF in conjunction with FH (you can/should put them in a macro) if you're looking to take advantage of Holy Spark.

Look at it as a bonus, not that you have to PoM before every Flash Heal. Believe me, I know how that goes! I have get myself out of that habit with Clearcasting, has got me in trouble a few times. :P

I just hate seeing weakened soul on a player when I want to give them the Diamond Resilience.

I have FH both non-macro'd and Macro'd for better IF control.

Yeah, with Prayer of Mending, I don't always want it on cool down, because that's our burst heal. If you suddenly want to get someone up from 50%, and it's on cool down, I just feel like I've failed.

I just need more time to adjust, but I've done a ton of BGs this season with the set bonus. I'm finally just done with it. That and trying to avoid using a PvE Mana Regen Trinket. The valor trinket is great for PvP as it times with Mindbender so you can macro the two.

--

I prefer to heal. Holy is my favorite Spec of the game, I love the way it plays. But I"m paying the 68G to respec a few times a week because Holy isn't as good as Disc for 10 man Raiding and it's not as Good as Shadow for PvP. But I refuse to give it up completely, because well... it's what made me fall in love with healing.
I thought about using the DM trinket, and don't have (and don't care to grind) the rep for the trinket. Settled on the pvp trinket, and CP spirit Battlemaster trinket. Too many times has it saved my hide to disregard it. I hear you on healing, I don't care for shadow at all.
Yeah, I was so overloaded with Honor that I bought every piece of Honor Gear available just because. So I have all three belts and all the trinkets. The Passive Spirit on the Battlemaster's just wasn't enough for me. I was using the Relic of Chi-Ji before I got the Valor trinket. Chi-Ji is a pretty good trinket... and I go through Dread Amber from the Klaxxi like mad - it's the quickest way in normal BGs to get your mana and health back.