Mechanic change for fury? (pvp)

Warrior
Title says it all, I would like to see what the community thinks about changing how the mechanics work in pvp for fury, Such as rb uptime bloodsurge uptime etc etc.

Would like to here what you got. Mostly to see if anything could be done that blizz might do anything to help fury out a little bit to bring it in line with arms.

One idea would be to change how bloodthirst crit function works in pvp. Instead of double crit maybe just have it a baseline 40% crit chance. that way fury doesnt have to stack massive amounts of crit in order to be viable. Another thing could be to increase the proc chance of bloodsurge by 10-20%.

Again this would only work in pvp environments (randoms arenas rbgs) and not effect pve in any way.

I would love to hear some ideas from the warrior community.
Anyone? what are some things that you think would be cool to have
Fury only needs 3 things to be viable in pvp.
1 - Rampage. I just can't understand why they took away our crit buff and gave it to mages. Not having it limit us to play whit mages or ferals (the only 2 specs that provide the buff and are competitive atm).

2- Enrages undispeleable or some kind of dispel protection (a la UA). Fingers of frost was changed to undispeleable for a reason. An enemy shouldn't be able to completely negate your mastery whit no penalty. That just promotes the "enrage up: press dispel". No think, just react.

3- Bloodsurge proc chance increased against players or WS cost reduced when used vs players.
In pve fury is balanced around sitting on a target swinging 2 weapons in battle stance and generating huge amounts of rage to. That just doesn't happen in pvp. We aren't all day in Bstance and we don't sit on out targets.
It's really hard to keep pressure if BT doesn't crit to allow us to RB... And even then we are missing something much more important than pressure: The healing debuff.
30 rage for our filler/healing debuff is just unrealistic in pvp.
12/07/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Drevi
1 - Rampage. I just can't understand why they took away our crit buff and gave it to mages. Not having it limit us to play whit mages or ferals (the only 2 specs that provide the buff and are competitive atm).

I miss it too, however if they returned it they would probably have to take away a buff that we provide (ever since they made that change to break down what classes provided what buffs). But yes i would love having a baseline extra 10% crit on Bloodthirst.

12/07/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Drevi
2- Enrages undispeleable or some kind of dispel protection (a la UA). Fingers of frost was changed to undispeleable for a reason. An enemy shouldn't be able to completely negate your mastery whit no penalty. That just promotes the "enrage up: press dispel". No think, just react.

This hasn't been so much of a problem for me when i ran fury, but more so The fact that our mastery is completely tied to enrage and doesn't benefit anything else. I like the old Unshackled Fury Better (increased the benefit of all enrage effects by x%). That made Fury really feel like its mastery meant something, and also too it used to increase raging blows base damage as well which would help now that it has charges. But they could add a penalty for dispelling enrages, like increasing the crit chance on your next raging blow by 100%

Bloodsurge proc chance increased against players or WS cost reduced when used vs players.
In pve fury is balanced around sitting on a target swinging 2 weapons in battle stance and generating huge amounts of rage to. That just doesn't happen in pvp. We aren't all day in Bstance and we don't sit on out targets.
It's really hard to keep pressure if BT doesn't crit to allow us to RB... And even then we are missing something much more important than pressure: The healing debuff.
30 rage for our filler/healing debuff is just unrealistic in pvp.

This is also very annoying, too much resource cost for a utility we really need. They should buff it to 40% in pvp environments. . .

Its not like fury need a overhaul to become viable, it just needs some simple changes. And
really bringing back rampage and/or increasing bloodsurge proc in pvp environments would do the trick.
Well, I just discovered a new issue. It seems that after the latest patch they stealth nerfed our ability to maintain spell reflection/shield wall w/o a shield equipped.
Since WotLK we could equip shield>cast SR/SW>Go back DW and keep the buffs.

Makes no sense. Fury isn't arms. The only thing we can do whit a shield equipped is BT (90% weapon damage lololol).. Being able to unequip the shield an keep the buffs was the solution to that. At least that was what I thought.

At least make RB usable whit only one weapon, like it was all of cata.
Well, I just discovered a new issue. It seems that after the latest patch they stealth nerfed our ability to maintain spell reflection/shield wall w/o a shield equipped.

Makes no sense. Fury isn't arms. The only thing we can do whit a shield equipped is BT (90% weapon damage lololol).. Being able to unequip the shield an keep the buffs was the solution to that. At least that was what I thought.

Have you tested this? i havent see this happen with me.. ill have to check this again

Edit: I just checked it... Thats absolute BuIIShlt man, that completely ruins fury, you cant do anything pressure wise.

Have you tested this? i havent see this happen with me.. ill have to check this again

Edit: I just checked it... Thats absolute BuIIShlt man, that completely ruins fury, you cant do anything pressure wise.

That's just blizzard logic. People complains arms is overpowered? Better nerf fury.
It's a bug fix, it wasn't intended for Fury to completely basically bypass shield mechanics.
12/08/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Samayael
It's a bug fix, it wasn't intended for Fury to completely basically bypass shield mechanics.

Completely would meant fury could cast SR/SW without even equipping a shield. We still had to spend the GCD changing to shield and then back to DW.
Even if it was a bug, was preventing an arms/fury balance issue. Whit a shield on the only skill we can use is BT. We can't even apply our healing debuff without an offhand equipped. We are penalized much more than arms is for having a shield, something pretty bad if you consider that we also are much more penalized for being in def stance.

Also they took 5 years to fix this.. Why now? Fury isn't shining in pvp, nor was in the past 5 years.
Are they planning to address the issues that put fury behind arms and they wanted to get rid of this bug first?
Sadly, I doubt it. Probably some dev had nothing to do and used his time to see what pointless nerf could he bring to warriors.
Completely would meant fury could cast SR/SW without even equipping a shield. We still had to spend the GCD changing to shield and then back to DW.
Even if it was a bug, was preventing an arms/fury balance issue. Whit a shield on the only skill we can use is BT. We can't even apply our healing debuff without an offhand equipped. We are penalized much more than arms is for having a shield, something pretty bad if you consider that we also are much more penalized for being in def stance.

Also they took 5 years to fix this.. Why now? Fury isn't shining in pvp, nor was in the past 5 years.
Are they planning to address the issues that put fury behind arms and they wanted to get rid of this bug first?
Sadly, I doubt it. Probably some dev had nothing to do and used his time to see what pointless nerf could he bring to warriors.

At the very least now they could give back Rampage to fury and allow raging blow to cast without having an off hand weapon like it was in cata