Real Person Field Marshal to kick bots?

Battlegrounds
I was drinking some coffee and thought wouldn't it be cool to have a real deputy or marshal of the field? I know there was a title like that, but I mean like a nuetral player in the battleground that when they click "kick" on a bot, poof away goes the bot.

There would have to be some criteria to designate this person. I imagine they would need a high level of integrity. I am unsure how Blizzard could do it, but perhaps they could build a list of people based on their past activity, or ask people to fill out an application (like they have for forum community helpers).

First thoughts would be what are kickable things. In my mind, botting only. A person should not be kicked because they do not play well, or lack gear, or has a potty mouth by which there are already means to report anyhow on language.

A Deputy of the Field could earn something special for their efforts, a title, mount, or special armor set, as a reward for their time, even though some might just be happy with the honor of position/role.

My original thought was like how a real GM back in the day of table gaming was, so I thought why couldn't it be applied to the battleground? I imagine it also would not be a consistent thing i.e. a Deputy could not be present for every game, all the time, but it might help especially during peak times.
really not sure how you could determine this also bots are mainly an issue during off hours only obvious bots I have seen are in ioc and in gilneas
12/08/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Rainbowdash
really not sure how you could determine this also bots are mainly an issue during off hours only obvious bots I have seen are in ioc and in gilneas

The majority of bots are pretty obvious, I generally see at least one in any given game but they tend to be on the other side.

The problem with bots/afkers is that too many people seem unaware or unwilling to bother kicking them, so more often than not even if someone points them out to their team nothing happens and making the player-controlled kicks more stringent opens them up to more potential abuse.

For a single player to be able to do it in a BG.. you'd be really hard pressed to find enough actually "neutral" people, and people who'd spend the time doing it.
that sounds like a good idea but yet i can see people taking advantage of it as well ie making teams unbalanced to favor one side over the other side but it sounds like a good idea
its not really a good idea there are only 2 ways to eliminate bots captcha or more for low lvs removing XP from bgs but that wont happen

as much as people may complain about it captcha is prob the best way to go about it simple and painless i personally wouldn't mind inputing a simple algorithm of letters and numbers before i enter a BG to ensure the numbers of bots is reduced dramatically
Well take out the neutral part then and make it faction based, i.e. I usually play Horde, so would be for the Horde side same for Alliance.

The reason someone gave above how not enough people report afk'ers is why I thought of this. People are too busy to report, and how many reports does it take to kick the bot anyhow? I guess it's like that to make sure people aren't kicking out of elitism/meanness, which I agree would be an abuse of kicking.

If you had a designated person, a "trusted" person - and like I said, there are ways to build a soft whitelist at least, then that person could do the kicking. Obviously if this person abused that role they could be investigated or reported on as well.

I think it would be an interesting way to involve the battleground community in-game. These methods work on web forums, so something in-game could be used as well.

Oh I do think I saw something about helping out new players in-game, once, but it might have been Guild related. I forgot what that was about.

I just think Blizzard might be interested in ideas on how to get players involved in helping each other out based on some things I have seen.
The real problem is, blizzard does NOT want this to happen. Ever. They like bots. Bots are paying customers.

Blizzard does not want bots to go away. Blizzard actively punishes people who try to self police.
The real problem is, blizzard does NOT want this to happen. Ever. They like bots. Bots are paying customers.

Blizzard does not want bots to go away. Blizzard actively punishes people who try to self police.

Well I can only speculate, as I am not a Blizz employee, just what exactly the customer status of a bot is. I mean they could be hacked accounts, stolen, re-sold, etc. Also, while I do complain about the amount of bots, I would say I have not seen more than 2-3 on a side at a given time, so like 5% of the group. So let's say they were legit paying accounts, 5% is a small loss in accounts should the bot's account holder decide not to play WoW anymore.

But (since we're speculating anyhow), I imagine if the account holder that uses bots for whatever their end reasons are, finds WoW a compelling enterprise for them - they will keep their accounts and adapt in some way. If they are a real player without any nefarious reason other than gear and XP, they will simply play their character and go "oh well" busted. Those with illegal intent would likely be the loss.

From a cost perspective the nefarious practices of these people often involve hacking and other hardware, software damage. Surely they cause more expense than their account sub upkeep.
>Blizzard does not want bots to go away. Blizzard actively punishes people who try to self police.

I can verify this, I was actually warned for harassing a botter.
12/08/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Gruklaar
blizzard does NOT want this to happen. Ever. They like bots. Bots are paying customers.

I don't believe it. Blizz has a good track record of permanently banning accounts of people who bot. I'll admit recently there has been a problem with bots (more then usual) possibly due to some new botting programs (don't really keep up to date on them but something is causing noticeable spike in bots in BGs).

But I highly doubt Blizz is letting people cheat and if they were I'd strongly consider unsubbing. And I wouldn't be the only one.
Has way too much potential to be abused.
Where do I sign up for this job?? Getting paid to ref AV. Imagine if you could penalize the other team. Unsportsman like player conduct on the horde, 10 resource penalty, continue game. I would like a black and white ref tab also. And a whistle