Rogue population has fallen by half.

Rogue
Post Limit:
Hello, I am one of the handful of players who still uses CensusPlus addon to survey realm population and submit it to warcraftrealms.com (link below, largely a dead site now) I like numbers, I like watching the population shift patch by patch. Normally These shifts are nothing astounding, plus or minus 1.5% of overall. I would like to bring attention to one shift though that I think requires some attention. My server is Azgalor, this is where I do most of my parsing. It's not a huge server, but class population still tends to remain proportionate to the rest of the game.

From March 2012 to December 2012, rogue percentage of the overall population has halved.

Rogues were roughly 8% of the overall population (2nd last only to warlocks) in March, back when I was last actively parsing before I quit for the summer. Rogues now sit at a petty 4% of the game population, 1 out of 25 players are rogues on my server.

As previously mentioned, these population swings are often due to class balance. I do believe the game population is speaking truths about the state of rogues right now with the class they currently choose to play. 4% is deplorable, an all-time low for any class I have ever seen.

I would also like to note that I don't really play rogues. Have one neglected lvl 85 rogue I left on my old server 3 years ago, and another lvl 46 one. I have no bias interest in rogue state of class.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
How reliable is that compared to Realm Pop?

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

I'm seeing 8.4% for rogues from 85-90, and 6% at 90 (6.2% if restricted to horde-side). Warcraft Census only has 56 level 90s from your server in their database, if I'm reading this right. Realm Pop has 1,685.
Meh a lot of rogues went FOTM near the end of cataclysm too.
How reliable is that compared to Realm Pop?

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

I'm seeing 8.4% for rogues from 85-90, and 6% at 90 (6.2% if restricted to horde-side). Warcraft Census only has 56 level 90s from your server in their database, if I'm reading this right. Realm Pop has 1,685.

It's accurate to my server. realmstats is a neglected site these days. My data is covering rogues from lvl 10 and up.
Azgalor, right?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=18

Or am I missing something; 82 total characters and 6 rogues doesn't seem like much of a population.
Well considering all of the FOTM rogues from cata rerolled into warriors. That would explain why the population dropped so much.

Don't forget what happened in S11...
I don't mind. It just makes us feel special.
Keep in mind about ~.91% loss would be expected with an even distribution of population spreading from 10 to 11 classes with the addition of monks.

Overall for 85-90 has rogues at 7.5%. with that reducing to 5.6% at 90. This is from wowpop, which comes from the us armory. Even distribution would be 9.09%

We shouldn't expect an even distribution though, considering that rogues only fulfill one role. Along with other aesthetic factors that can not be accounted for.

Rogue representation is 56.5% of even distribution at 90. Both warlock and rogue represenation at 85 were each about 8% in Cata, which was 80% representation.
Here on Mannoroth rogues are at 9.1%, ahead of Shaman, Warlocks, and of course Monks. I think this is a lie, I hardly ever see rogues besides the 1 or 2 I commonly see.
A lot of us myself have rolled warrior because there just plain better in every aspect of pvp.I pve with the lock (although id rather assas)and pvp with the warrior. Most of us want to pvp with a class that is decent that's what makes pvp fun when you play something that can actually reak some havoc and I just don't feel it with the rogue. Last patch we were to much but the amount of nerfing that happened was over kill. All we needed was a nerf to are healing and a nerf to the crits from backstab and we would have been legit instead they made are healing not even worth spending combo points on, lengthened the cd,s of every ability we have, took away talents or made us choose between them in the new talent system, nerfed are burst so its not laughable and the whole premise of this is "rogues are suppose to be a control class" ok I get that but guess what warriors have more control,mobility,healing and damage so if its not ok for rogues to have good control and damage why is it ok for a warrior to have good damage control and mobility? Anyhow its not that I mind not being overpowered because I liked my rogue in 4.1-4.3 but they are just not fun to pvp with right now and a warrior is
12/08/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Hassen
Here on Mannoroth rogues are at 9.1%, ahead of Shaman, Warlocks, and of course Monks. I think this is a lie, I hardly ever see rogues besides the 1 or 2 I commonly see.

If its anything like my server, many of the main rogues only log into raid or arena and log back off. And there are more alt rogues in my guild than than are main rogues. Meaning me. :P
It's mostly bc rogues are terribad. Playing a rogue against any other class is like a child with polio getting drafted into the NFL.
Rizzea, as much as I don't like my rogue being sub-par, I'm going to have to agree with Ghostcrawler (in the Gamebreaker interview) when it comes to population swings. While yes, population swings happen due to balance, there are other factors as well. Paladins have always been a popular class, rogues have always been down near the bottom. You would be hard pressed to say that paladins have been overpowered for the entirety of WoW's life. Also, you can't get statistically more accurate than having ALL the data. Our population sites are just samples, even if pulling from the armory, blizzard has all the data from every character ever made throughout the history of the game.

That being said though, I still wish our overall situation would improve more than it has.
12/09/2012 03:45 AMPosted by Tichar
rogues have always been down near the bottom.

Not even close to true.

Rogues were extremely popular in Vanilla.
Arena representation, I think, is more revealing. Especially since Rogues are just a joke in PvP in particular.

1 week before MoP: Rogues were 14%
1 week after MoP: Rogues were 2%

1 week before MoP: Warriors were 5%
1 week after MoP: Warriors were 18%