Computer buielp

New Player Help and Guides
Monitor between 300-400$
12/10/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Imbleeding
Monitor between 300-400$

Do you care what size? You can get a pretty nice monitor for that much.
For $300+, you can easily get a nice 24" or larger monitor. I'm partial to LG.

As for a PSU, with your set-up I'd suggest something around 850/900W.
You should ask that kind of questions in the "Games, Gaming and Hardware" section of the forums. They have specific posts that wil answer exactly what you are searching for, I used that forum to build my rig 2 years ago.
Three thousand dollars? have a $300 laptop that's 2 years old and plays WOW reasonably well at medium settings. You really don't need a heavy duty rig for WOW.
Check here for some info if you are building your own
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5592454629

I just finished my build for less than $1300, and it plays WOW excellently.
I would suggest a modular power supply, and depending on how much you plan on putting on this computer and what you plan on using it for, extra fans might do you just fine.
If you have never built a computer before, I suggest that you do your research first. Youtube has a newegg video on how to build a computer, though I found video 3 to be missing a few important bits of info.

12/09/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Dragonjts
If you just want to play wow, and aren't technologically fluent, I'd recommend you just get a prebuilt, rather then ordering a custom built machine or trying to build your own.
This would be way easier, since I did at least 4 months of reading before I even purchased anything, and I still forgot all about the drivers! lol
Look for a computer with atleast an i5 processor and 8 GB Ram. Even still, when you look and find one that you like, research it first.
I got my Samsung monitor for less than $300, and it's pretty damn nice

Here is the build I did, and I can play on max settings and still multi box

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k3ft

Note : I scrapped the SSD, upgraded my Memory to Corsair Vengence and changed the monitor to a Samsung 22". I am still impressed with my build, but will build another possibly more impressive one next year.
Yes a 24" 27" Samsung is what I was generally leaning towards... Any further suggestions? Thanks for all of the help everyone!
I got a nice cheap 24" Acer a few years back, performance has been great, no dead pixels yet.
I'd much rather have something...Newer haha like late 2012
12/13/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Narkill

And you can get a brand new monitor that's perfectly fine for playing WoW (even a good sized widescreen model) for about $150. Though I'm guessing you want a "giant monitor of doom" to go with your "so overpowered it would be at home at NASA" computer.

You can buy a computer that will run WoW on full ultra settings without batting an eye for around $600. A $3000 machine is so much more computer than you'll actually use that you're just wasting money at that point.
12/13/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Narkill

/facepalm

If you have that much difficulty figuring out how a recommendation might be phrased, I'm not going to lead you by the hand.
Btw, any specific power supply ideas? Like what's good what's not etc etc?
12/15/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Narkill

You want the folks here to hold your hand and show you everything down to the screws to hold it together, right? Well, that's not what we're here for.

Use this thread as a resource, and good luck:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934365605

That's all we can do for you.
12/15/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Narkill

Just get a model that is rated for the amount of power your collective components will require. The one you originally picked out was barely able to cover your outlandishly over-the-top graphics card, leaving nothing for all the other components in the machine.

So, you can either: 1.) get a larger power supply, OR 2.) tone down your graphics card selection by a few notches
12/15/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Narkill
Thank you avanna, and ice dragon, thank you for your help, but you don't have to be patronizing, grow up a bit.

I wasn't being patronizing in the slightest. You've made two threads trying to get specific assistance for building a computer while overlooking advice you've already been given and not putting forth any effort to learn on your own. The guide I linked is your best resource, and past that we can't hold your hand on every step like you seem to expect.