Penance macro

UI and Macro
im looking for a macro that will cast penance on mouseover on a friend or foe, if im not moused over anyone then cast on my current target and if im not moused over or no target selected then cast on myself
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists][] Penance
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][exists,nodead][@player] Penance

The [exists] may not be necessary; I can never remember if [nodead] implies [exists] or not.
[exists,nodead][@player] are extraneous. If there's no mouseover, [] will cause it to cast on your target, or self if there is no target.
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][exists,nodead][@player] Penance

The [exists] may not be necessary; I can never remember if [nodead] implies [exists] or not.

[dead] implies exists, [nodead] doesn't.

12/09/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Mitimem
[exists,nodead][@player] are extraneous. If there's no mouseover, [] will cause it to cast on your target, or self if there is no target.

If you have auto-self-cast enabled.
12/09/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Choonster
[dead] implies exists, [nodead] doesn't.
That's what I thought

12/09/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Mitimem

If you have auto-self-cast enabled.
Auto-self-cast is for when you attempt to cast a helpful spell on a harmful target, and as such is an irrelevant setting with regard to Penance. All helpful spells always default to @player if the target does not exist (regardless of self-cast setting).

They will not, however default to @player if your target is dead (regardless of auto-self-cast setting), which is why I added an explicit term to compensate.
but will it still cast at my mouseover before my target if my mouseover is a mob?
The first true conditional in the macro will be the target of the spell. If you don't want it to cast on an enemy mouseover if you have a friendly target then you'd change the syntax slightly.
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help][@target,help][@mouseover,harm][@target,harm][@player] Penance

The priority for this would be:
1. Friendly Mouseover
2. Friendly Target
3. Enemy Mouseover
4. Enemy Target
5. Self
well what im looking for is
priority
1. mouseover (enemy or friend)
2.target
3.self
#showtooltip