Hunter Compendium 5.4

Hunter
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
Added weak auras code section.
Mez, great guide. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have a question about the Tier 15 - Normal BiS list. Specifically trinket choices. There seem to be so many this tier that Im confused as to what I should be using.

According to your list...

Trinkets - Bottle of Infinite Stars (upgraded) Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

Unfortunately, I do not have the Heroic Bottle.

But, I do have the following...

Bad Juju (LFR version)
Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
Renataki's Soul Charm
Talisman of Bloodlust (Thunderforged version)

I'm assuming I should be using Vicious Talisman and Renataki's? Is that correct?

Sorry I know the answer is... "Go plug in your stuff into a calculator and check", but I am terrible with those things, so I was hoping somone here could give me some advice.
Sorry I know the answer is... "Go plug in your stuff into a calculator and check", but I am terrible with those things, so I was hoping somone here could give me some advice.

The reason that is the answer is because knowing how to figure things out helps you in a pretty big way, you won't have to come back here every time you want to ask a question. I'd suggest spending some time on femaledwarf.com and playing around with how it works.

In your case you would want to use Vicious Talisman and Renataki's. Talisman of Bloodlust is really bad.
The reason that is the answer is because knowing how to figure things out helps you in a pretty big way, you won't have to come back here every time you want to ask a question. I'd suggest spending some time on femaledwarf.com and playing around with how it works.
Yes, I know you are right, but I have literaly never asked a gearing question here so take that for what it is worth.

In your case you would want to use Vicious Talisman and Renataki's. Talisman of Bloodlust is really bad.

And that is pretty much what I figured. I ran with it last night just to see and was underwhelmed.
Hey Mez, you have the tier head and gloves both dropping off Council. I sure wish they both did :P
Hey Mez, you have the tier head and gloves both dropping off Council. I sure wish they both did :P

Woops! Thank you! Council/Consorts I derped :P
04/20/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Mezasu

Woops! Thank you! Council/Consorts I derped :P

Yeah, just put the ** in the wrong place, they both drop helms :P
Added heirloom list of gear (thank you Adarant for the inspiration) :)
Added heirloom list of gear (thank you Adarant for the inspiration) :)

One of Wowhead's titles is "We have a filter for that!" and it couldn't be closer to the truth.
Are the item links for the BiS rings and neck under heroic gear not working for anyone else?
Are the item links for the BiS rings and neck under heroic gear not working for anyone else?

I'm seeing [item="" /] also. Though I'm not sure Mez is gonna get a chance to fix them because she had to unsub.
So how does the single target Survival LaL phase work? Is it just explosive shot - 2 gcds / cobra if necessary - explosive shot, or one gcd between them?
So how does the single target Survival LaL phase work? Is it just explosive shot - 2 gcds / cobra if necessary - explosive shot, or one gcd between them?

Spam all 3 ExS as quickly as possible. ExS was given the Ignite mechanics, so dot ticks now stack. If you're using Skada to track the damage done, it's likely that you'll see 8 ticks instead of 9, but the damage per tick should be higher.
OOOOOOH my gosh, this will totally change my rotation ><. Thanks, Adarant!
Thank you for your time and effort into this post, very helpful!

10/10

Twins! LOL...sorry couldn't resist.
Ok, I am a pretty experience Hunter but I am supremely confused in regards to current Survival stat priorities because I'm getting conflicting information everywhere. All guides that I have seen say Crit>Mastery>Haste, but I see Hunters reforging Crit>Haste>Mastery, and I see top Hunters gemming Agi/Haste gems over Agi/Crit gems.

Is there some sort of Survival Haste plateau that I am not privy to? When I mess with my reforges on Femaledwarf I also get conflicting info which has lead me to believe that there must be some sort of plateau. On some pieces of gear it's telling me that reforging Haste to Mastery is a small DPS boost, but then on others I'm seeing a huge DPS drop.

Just what is going on?
Question. For Marks and a Crit>Haste>Mastery reforge, what weights do you use for these? You have the screen shot as a BM spec and I wasnt sure if I just switch haste and mastery or if the weights would really change. This is with a 483 item level who at most, does LFR.
Has MM changed at all in the recent patch as far as stat weights go? **Still follow the haste threshholds I'm guessing? I see most BM / Survival hunters are now going Haste > Crit > Mastery with heavy amounts of RPPM. Does the high amounts of RPPM affect Marksman in the same way once we obtain 5 ish?
I know its months old, but out of all hunter weapons, durumu cross bow is best - because it has best 2ndery stats, red socket and good min weapon damage.

ofcourse weapon ilvl is great importance. 541 > 535 > 528 > 522 > 502 regardless of the weapon. the weapon damage and agility provided by ilvl makes up for it.

that is why the raid leader was suggesting having durumu cross bow anyway :P
Whats better in 5.3? Thrill of the Hunter or Fervor?