Ascendance on WoE fight

Shaman
I've wondered this a while now, is using ascendance during titan gas a dps loss for Enhancement shaman because our attacks are changed to nature damage the 50% physical buff doesnt make them scale?
This is an interesting question. I'm interested to know this as well.
Still causes your attacks to bypass their armor
I would assume so given nature damage =/= physical damage, and our attacks during ascendance deal nature damage., not physical damage.

12/09/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Chillbros
Still causes your attacks to bypass their armor

I don't think bypassing armour equates to a 50% damage buff.
Well it also scales off your mastery which should be around 40-50% ( you know, the reason it's such a large DPS increase in the first place).

It will still be a DPS increase to use, just not as large as it would be if you use it when titan gas isn't up.

(Assuming it doesn't give your melee's a DPS buff when you're in ascendance, I haven't actually checked)
12/09/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Thundër
I don't think bypassing armour equates to a 50% damage buff.

It also depends on "How long" it sits off cooldown, especially if you plan on holding it off multiple times.
Boss armor, I believe, is 24835, which is roughly 35% physical damage reduction. Ignoring armor, therefore, is roughly a 50% damage increase on its own, and is further increased multiplicatively by mastery (which for me is just over 50%) meaning Ascendance increases the damage of affected abilities by 50% on Will (that's assuming you don't have Weakened Armor on the target, in which case it will be slightly less of an increase). On most other fights, Ascendance is roughly a 125% increase to the damage dealt by affected attacks (or closer to 110% with Weakened Armor).

I don't know the exact values but these should be close enough. I'm not sure how Titan Gas interacts with each individual ability, but it's pretty safe to say Ascendance remains a huge damage increase.