GG Engineers

Rogue
Save me, oh wonderful rogue community! ;_;
Gouge and stun death rays as much as possible
You want to focus the gnome and keep him from casting the ray while getting his goblin friend to rain rockets on him. The ray can't be kicked, but the gnome can be CC'd (Stun, gouge, blind, PANDA RACIAL WOO). When a shield spawns you can bandage yourself under it, just be quick about it because the shield shrinks and eventually fades.

some ideas that I had but never got to test:

If the ray is still causing you problems (you won't be able to stop every one) you can try prep and soaking up two with cloak.

blind the gnome and wail on the goblin for 10 seconds, that'll give you some free damage. However I'm not sure if the linked damage will cause blind to break.

smoke bomb to LoS the gnome's ray. I am pretty sure this doesn't work though.
12/07/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Ripley
If the ray is still causing you problems (you won't be able to stop every one) you can try prep and soaking up two with cloak.

Its physical dmg and it can't be dodged.
Wow um... thanks for the feedback really, but-

You know how the arena will sometimes glitch and three people get ported in at once? Well, that happened and for some-odd reason it ported me out soon after and I was given credit. I'm not sure whether to be ecstatic or disappointed.

In any case, are there any suggestions for the Dark Summoner? :/

Its physical dmg and it can't be dodged.

damn, perhaps combat readiness could work?

i just remember the cloak glyph so im sure that would work
12/08/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Keljran
In any case, are there any suggestions for the Dark Summoner? :/

Here's my post from the other thread.

12/02/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Ripley
Anyone have a decent strat for this one?

i did it as assassination, not sure about combat but

glyph of: recup, evasion, cloak (i didnt know what else to pick)
talents: shadow focus, combat readiness, leeching poison, prep, shuriken toss

he's immune at first but you can still build combo points on him, i basically built 5 combo point (2 mut 1 shuri) and snd, when he spawns the first ghost he'll cast the interruptable thing right afterward so wait to kick that before you wail on the ghost
kill the ghost (i used the first combo points built on recup) and pop evasion and go to town on the boss. I got him to 40% after the first vulnerability.
On the second ghost, while the boss is beating on me, I popped combat readiness

this is where it gets tricky because there are multiple ghosts coming after you now. Being melee you can't really get good uptime on the boss since you have to position yourself to fear all the ghosts. so while I was doing that I kept shuriken tossing the boss until I got in a position that lined up all the ghosts nice and neatly and let the boss come after me. you're gonna wanna cloak the boss' cast since you can't be in range to interrupt him.

after killing the 3rd ghost pop evasion and get as much damage against the boss as you can. You more than likely are going to have to keep running away from him because of the ghosts. Use your 2nd cloak to soak the magic dmg or more melee dmg from him, depending on whether you were in range to kick him.

I don't know if that's a really good strat but it worked for me. The boss to me seems very melee unfriendly and dependent on RNG (like if he spawns 2 ghosts each on different sides of you.. he can even spawn a ghost right behind you so watch out)
Follow the gnome everywhere he goes.. everywhere. Stand close enough to him so the rockets hit him.. Bandage when you follow him under the shield, and leave the shield before it shrinks so you dont eat the first rocket.. I didnt gouge any rays, kidney when i could to interrupt them. Keep recup up and let the rocket dude do most of the damage.
sorry but i'm confused on what you guys talking about engineers. please enlighten me and thanks.
brawler guild most likely