Jastor Gallywho?

Story Forum
Im sure half the people know that the blood elfs will be getting into the action now with patch 5.1 and Lor'themar joins in on this to but I still want to know why no Gallywix? Only people who did the golin starting zone could even see this dude. Blizzard you couldent even put him in his home he had built??? I have here a few quote's from wowpedia I think you should look at not sure how "Uptodate" it is but its their. "Many of Gallywix's click sayings talk about his Azshara home, even on Kezan, before his palace is even built. In the game files, Gallywix also has voice files for being aggroed, killing players, and his death, but these haven't been implemented into the game as of yet. " Not yet implemented into the game why? "Curiously, Gallywix's status and location following the Goblin starter experience are completely unknown. Boss Mida mentions that he seems to be busy "picking out wallpaper" for his new palace in Azshara, though he himself is not found within it. Even after all Cataclysm patches he is yet to be found or even mentioned again." The last time he even did anything it seems to be in Tides of War, and the last thing he has done was send troops to Pandaria. Now we could go and say Boss Mida is the goblin leader but really? Ok so blizzard Made Gallywix then instantly dumped him in the trash for random goblin? Hmmm no. So blizzard no harm in putting in the game just to be their. *cough* Vol'jin tell Zandalari trolls did something *cough*
Gallywix does get a few lines in the Tides of War novel.

However, he is also an amoral slavemaster who would sell any goblin for a nickel, and it's one of the most insane and completely confusing moves in lore that CDev had (The then supposedly neutral) Thrall spare his life AND make him leader of the goblins once again.

If I was a goblin, I'd only want him back if it meant I could kill him for good.
Yeah, a good portion of the goblin starting zones is pretty much getting enslaved, getting free, freeing other slaves, smacking Gallywix down and then... being told that's who represents the goblins.

Thanks, Thrall. You can go help the Earthen Ring now. You've been a HUGE help. Good luck with the Soul Caliber or Dragon Soul or turning water into wine or whatever it is you plan on doing.
Eh, they're probably content to hold him in the wings until we get back to Kezan - likely in either a Sea based expansion or in some "Zul'Aman" type "distraction" patch.

But I do agree that making him the racial leader was dumb from all angles.
I think Gallywix is a good goblin, excelling at what they consider virtues. He was entertaining, and his short story was good and insightful. However, he was clearly villainous and the antagonist of the starting zones. The player showed that loyalty was a better investment than trying to enslave your employees. Then Thrall made him the racial leader.

He is hated both in and out of universe. Blizzard has not said why they chose to make him the leader, and they chose to hide him after the Lost Isles, hinting that they know that they messed up. His short story seemed to offer an opportunity for a sympathetic Gallywix, protecting what is his, but his in-game appearance had nothing to do with that, seeing the KTC as no longer his and fit for liquidation.

I think he will be a raid boss, but with just a few tweaks, he could have been OUR !@#$%^-, instead of just an *!@#$%^.
Evil jerks don't need screen time.

Or to be remembered.
Gallywix does get a few lines in the Tides of War novel.However, he is also an amoral slavemaster who would sell any goblin for a nickel, and it's one of the most insane and completely confusing moves in lore that CDev had (The then supposedly neutral) Thrall spare his life AND make him leader of the goblins once again.If I was a goblin, I'd only want him back if it meant I could kill him for good.

I've seen you in other Gallywix posts. You really don't like Gallywix do you?

12/08/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Pumlaxer
I think Gallywix is a good goblin, excelling at what they consider virtues. He was entertaining, and his short story was good and insightful.

Completely agree with you. I liked him only because he was classic goblin.

12/08/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Pumlaxer
He is hated both in and out of universe. Blizzard has not said why they chose to make him the leader, and they chose to hide him after the Lost Isles, hinting that they know that they messed up.

Agreed once more. IMO it's sad that they did nothing with Gallywix he could have turned into a great character (not great in the good sense). I found his short story funny and would hate to see him become a loot pinata. People hate Slyvannas but i don't think she'll ever become a raid boss. If blizz make Gallywix a raid boss then it will just show that they don't really care about their lore.... oh wait.

Evil jerks don't need screen time.

Or to be remembered.

Wrong. People love to hate evil jerks, so really evil jerks should get screen time. Arthas was a prime example of that.
12/08/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Jaelara
If I was a goblin, I'd only want him back if it meant I could kill him for good.

Ditto.

I think Gallywix is a good goblin, excelling at what they consider virtues. He was entertaining, and his short story was good and insightful. However, he was clearly villainous and the antagonist of the starting zones. The player showed that loyalty was a better investment than trying to enslave your employees. Then Thrall made him the racial leader.

He is hated both in and out of universe. Blizzard has not said why they chose to make him the leader, and they chose to hide him after the Lost Isles, hinting that they know that they messed up. His short story seemed to offer an opportunity for a sympathetic Gallywix, protecting what is his, but his in-game appearance had nothing to do with that, seeing the KTC as no longer his and fit for liquidation.

I think he will be a raid boss, but with just a few tweaks, he could have been OUR !@#$%^-, instead of just an *!@#$%^.

Most perfect summation.