PvP Professions

Professions
As it is right now, the only profession really good for PvP is Blacksmith since they can gem Res or Power in their extra sockets. If you pvp you want as much Resilience as possible or power depending of your class and the comp you are playing.

JC used to have Resilience gems for JC only in Cataclysm but that's not the case anymore.

I think this situation is unfair and force anyone would like to min/max their character to change profession to get the extra 1-2% better.

I think it would be really great if every non-gathering professions had some pvp enchants.

For instance, Resilience or Power on rings for Enchanter.
Res or Power on bracer for Leather Working.
Res or Power 1min cd for 10 sec enchant on glove for Eng.
Res or Power on cloak for Tailoring.
And so on...

Good luck with whatever you are doing.
Thanks for reading!!
12/09/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Jjang
As it is right now, the only profession really good for PvP is Blacksmith since they can gem Res or Power in their extra sockets. If you pvp you want as much Resilience as possible or power depending of your class and the comp you are playing.

BS is more of an outlier here in both pvp and pve because of secondary stats. It's more likely that BS will be nerfed than for them to add all that stuff to other professions.
I think you shouldn't get a profession just because you think it will make you a better pvp'er. Having BS doesn't mean your win percentage will go up automatically. Same with all other professions.
12/09/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Notatauren
I think you shouldn't get a profession just because you think it will make you a better pvp'er. Having BS doesn't mean your win percentage will go up automatically. Same with all other professions.

Getting an extra 1.5-2% of resilience when you are at 66% resilience already is making you take 4.5-6% less dmg all the time, which is quite huge actually.

As instance, if you would be at 80% resilience, getting an extra 2 more percent would make you take 10% less dmg. Resilience get exponentially better as you get more.

This is not the case with PvP power since there's not maximum value to reach.
Blizzard doesn't want there to be PvP professions. Blacksmithing is the outlier because it can socket any gem, and the easiest way to fix that is to remove PvP gems from the game.

Being that the difference is 320 primary stats to 640 secondary stats, Blizzard does not view it as enough of an advantage to affect game play. If they see an issue, they will take steps to remedy it, but traditionally, most min/maxers were BS/JC for the flexibility in stats.