Runescape lol.

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Post Limit:
Has anyone every played runescape? what are your opinions?

i played since i was in 3rd grade, until maybe 4 months ago. I am now a junior in highschool.It was my favorite game but i feel like it turned into !@#$ after it switched CEO's and got the new combat update. All i played it for was the pvp. It had awesome pvp.
Awesome PvP? You mean clicking them and auto-attacking? Eating a lobster when you're low on health?
RuneScape died shortly after they added Summoning to the game.
I also played the game a long time I loved it, haven't played it in months it has really went to crap. The game maker Andrew gower once said lvl 99 was suppose to seem impossible "I didn't think anyone would play enough to reach it". But now they practically Hand out experience so I just quit I Am maxed and have quite a lot of Runescape gold if any one plays I do not.
Ah, RuneScape. I still return to you occasionally. You were certainly a different game back in 2001.

12/08/2012 01:10 AMPosted by Amquinn
But now they practically Hand out experience so I just quit I Am maxed and have quite a lot of Runescape gold if any one plays I do not.

Is this an offer? :P It'd certainly help me start back up.
Yes it is Write me ur wow real Id and it will make it easyer. I don't play rs at all anymore and I only have Little time for Wow sadly my mmorpg within is Dieing slowy but surely.

Adulthood sucks
12/07/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Enfilade
RuneScape died shortly after they added Summoning to the game.

Pretty much this. I played for like a couple months after summoning came out and it just went downhill from there. I think dungeoneering was the nail in the coffin for me and I decided not to bother going back.
Apparently I play Runescape, or at least I keep getting Emails claiming there is a problem with my account.

I don't actually remember ever making an account or playing the game but I'm certain the half dozen emails I get in my Spam folder every day must be legit.
In runescape you could kill people and take their stuff so it has the best pvp.
Liposuction still hasn't wrote back. Its all good I was just trying to help =p
12/12/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Amquinn
Liposuction still hasn't wrote back. Its all good I was just trying to help =p

Sorry! I sent you an ingame mail.
I had a purple and white party hat. I played quite alot back in the day.

By far my favourite time in Runescape was doing Barrows Runs. So good. :D (2005 I think?)

That and the fire place on kara... karamrajggfjdfhdh kara something island. Where you payed 30g to get too. :P

In about 2007 I was hacked and quit since I had no support at all from Jagex. :(
12/14/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Phymatic
In about 2007 I was hacked and quit since I had no support at all from Jagex. :(

Yeah...when I started in 2005-ish, I was quickly hacked (making my password a deviation of my username was not smart) and sadfaced, as it was just days after my friend had given me a boatload of crafting materials so I could get my skills up.
12/07/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Xydrolol
Awesome PvP? You mean clicking them and auto-attacking? Eating a lobster when you're low on health?

Well, if you go around fighting other people (or even monsters in some cases) with just a simple click and eat, you're a tard.

There's a thing nicknamed "Bridding" which makes PvP very, very intense.

It involves switching between 2 -3 combat styles (Melee, Magic, Ranged) in order to Tank and out-DPS the enemy player. Also, when you're bridding, you have little room for food because of all the extra weapons and armor you must use to switch with within a blink of an eye, and must rely upon finishing your opponent as quickly as possible before he/she could eat fast enough to heal what damage you have dealt.

Most of the top bridders used to make fights last as long as a few minutes, until a later update introduced a new set of prayers called "Curses." There was one curse, called "SoulSplit" that enabled players to be healed back a proportionate amount of health as they deal damage, therefore making top bridding fights last anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe even an hour.

So yeah. RuneScape combat wasn't as boring as everyone thought it was. You just needed to figure out how to make the best out of it.