Where is Valeera Sanguinar?

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Shes probably in whatever whole they put Med'an in.

To be honest, she is not an easy character to throw around. The fact shes a horde race but is chummy to the King of Stormwind is bound to rub hordes the wrong way. Then again she was invented in a comic which was bloody poorly thought out.

If she comes back I expect it to be as a neutral character. Otherwise if she is going to be more freindly to the alliance than her own people then it would make more sense for her to start calling herself a High Elf again.
Funny how both of Valeera's in-game appearances are no longer in-game.

Anyway, I enjoyed Valeera and wish to see more of her and more characters like her. I would find it refreshing to see some WoW characters who develop more individual identities rather than cultural identities.
I still have her figure.

Unfortunately, I think she's been banished to Lore Limbo with the death of the comic book series.
12/09/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Fyersing
Am I really the only one who's not happy that a blood elf works with the Alliance in more than a mercenary capacity?

"I am neither Horde nor Alliance. What has either faction ever done for me?" --Valeera Sanguinar

When you owe your allegiance to the High King of the Alliance and his heir. . .you're pretty solidly Alliance.

As for whether or not her being a Blood Elf on the Alliance bothers me, not particularly. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a few characters swap factions just for some interesting stories.
12/09/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Jaelara
Personally, I'd love to see more Blood Elves working with the Alliance. We were their allies long before the Horde was, and I don't think anything that the Alliance has done to them is nearly as bad as what the Horde has over the past couple decades. There were already dissenters in Silvermoon back in the day. I'd love to see more of them having escaped from Silvermoon and working with the Alliance.

We both know this isn't happening after Dalaran and Theramoore :P

I don't know why the Alliance playerbase wants them back so badly after these things...
Assign rogue of an enemy nation to protect Anduin - Check
Things learned from the Assassination of King Llane Wrynn - Not a thing.
Future of The Wrynn Dynasty - Questionable.
Things learned from the Assassination of King Llane Wrynn - Not a thing.
Future of The Wrynn Dynasty - Questionable.

I don't know, she's pretty loyal to Varian. And she's supposedly a youngin, so I could see something happening between her and Anduin. Don't know that she's queen material but she sure could keep him out of trouble and have some fun in the process :P

Oh, this is going places...

I don't know why the Alliance playerbase wants them back so badly after these things...

If Jaina can forgive Theramore, the Blood Elves can certainly forgive Dalaran.

Besides, having Valeera would be different. And I find different to be good, most of the time.

Besides, having Valeera would be different. And I find different to be good, most of the time.

Not like Dalaran was involved in what Garithos did. There were no members of the Kirin Tor present during the Human campaign of TFT, so I will presume that the Kirin Tor was gone from Dalaran after its destruction and until the Forsaken became a thing.

And besides, we see people go neutral or villain to everyone. What about traitors? What about people who willingly change factions to aid in attacking those they once called their leaders while not becoming enemies of the whole world? Are there no orcs that are sick of Garrosh's actions and decided to work with the Alliance? Are there no Dwarves fed up with the council who want to join (what they see as) the winning side?
12/10/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Resileaf
Not like Dalaran was involved in what Garithos did. There were no members of the Kirin Tor present during the Human campaign of TFT, so I will presume that the Kirin Tor was gone from Dalaran after its destruction and until the Forsaken became a thing.

I'm talking about the purge, and I'm sure Sky is too.
12/10/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Tessa

This is the same ethnic group that blames Garithos on the entire human race. Blood elves have a history of being histrionic.
12/10/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Tessa

I'm talking about the purge, and I'm sure Sky is too.

Oh, my bad. (Edited my last post anyway)
So after going in to kill Kael'thas and friends again, is Valeera related to Lord Sanguinar at all?

Like a father, uncle, brother, or cousin? Is it just a coincident they share the same last name?
12/10/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Kaioon

Valeera is in no way affiliated with the Horde. She was orphaned as a child, thrown into an orcish prison (for stealing from a shaman), then sold to Rehgar Earthfury (for use as a gladiator).

She may not consider herself a member of the Alliance, but her closest friends are all high-ranking members of that faction (Varian, Anduin, Broll, Jaina, etc).
Valeera is more *High Elf* then Blood elf in my eyes but alas. She's interesting IMO. I wonder what is in store for her.
12/10/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Valius
Valeera is more *High Elf* then Blood elf in my eyes but alas. She's interesting IMO. I wonder what is in store for her.

This combined with this:

Valeera is in no way affiliated with the Horde. She was orphaned as a child, thrown into an orcish prison (for stealing from a shaman), then sold to Rehgar Earthfury (for use as a gladiator).

Brings up an excellent point: why isn't Valeera a High Elf? Is it a lack of discipline? I know she has fed off of Fel magic, which makes her a Blood Elf through corruption, but why did she even take that road?
12/10/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Abal
Brings up an excellent point: why isn't Valeera a High Elf? Is it a lack of discipline? I know she has fed off of Fel magic, which makes her a Blood Elf through corruption, but why did she even take that road?

A little corruption doesn't change your socio-political views, which is the largest difference between High Elves and Blood Elves -- after all, it's safe to assume that most of the playable races that can be warlocks or death knights are likely to be corrupted to some degree.

A little corruption doesn't change your socio-political views, which is the largest difference between High Elves and Blood Elves -- after all, it's safe to assume that most of the playable races that can be warlocks or death knights are likely to be corrupted to some degree.

Well, then how exactly do we classify Valeera? She owes no allegiance to the Blood Elves, so does that make her a High Elf who simply indulges in feeding off of demons? At this point, I would say that High and Blood Elves are separated by more than a socio-political view and are more separated by a philosphy. The High Elves are moralistic, while the Blood Elves are pragmatic. The High Elves believe in discipline while the Blood Elves believe in indulgence.
If it weren't for Dalaran purge I might of considered her the link between High Elves and Blood Elves finally uniting all the Quel'dorei once again. I got a feeling either High Elves are going to be on hold or something is brewing at Blizz HQ
Maybe she's the one working as ambassador for Varian's epic plot which came out of nowhere?

When was the last time she showed up, btw? The only event coming to my mind is Undercity and Varimathras.