Where is Valeera Sanguinar?

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
12/10/2012 09:42 PMPosted by Wensicía
if at least just to bring her back into the story.

This is all I want

I don't care how it's done

even if it means bringing in Med'an so she can show up with the New Council of Tirisfal, I just want to see Valeera again. Such a great character.
12/10/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Reignac
Such a great character.

Howso?
12/10/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Skytotem
Mostly due to being an ex-Dalaran archmage too, not to forget. He probably blames Dalaran for not stopping Arthas and causing his death.

mostly because Dalar Dawnweaver hates them and is a sociopath.

It's like people don't think I know what I'm talkin about

Its like not everyone may know that Dalar Dawnweaver was once an archmage of Dalaran
Also a hero unit in WC3.
12/10/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Fyersing
This being the same Dalaran that was, for thousands of years, in cohorts with the Arathorian Empire? The same Dalaran that most of the people in this very forum described as having been "neutral, but not-so-secretly pro-Alliance"?

Yes and those BEs that wanted to go back just got purged from the city for being pro Horde.

Not the timeline is significant too. At the time of Shadow of the Sun, Dalaran was far closer to a neutral body, in no small part because the conflict between the horde and the alliance was far tamer. Hell, prior to the Wrathgate, the alliance was more agressive in cross faction conflicts than the horde was.

Shadow of the Sun was set before the horde had even set sail in force.

The elves are staunchly self-aggrandizing, they don't like entering compacts which can be avoided or don't directly benefit them -- this is a trait seen as far back as the Troll Wars. This explains why they wouldn't want to fight in the Second War (until the threat became real for them as well) and as well why they would seek to immediately emancipate from that arrangement once hostilities died down.

All of which is completely irrelivant to my point. My point was that the BEs werent looking to return to an old relationship because to the bulk of the BE population that relationship had been short and for the most part one of neccessity. Those who saw it different mostly remained HEs from the begining. Dalaran was a different story. Dalaran was as much part of HE society as Silvermoon was.

Perhaps. The city was, however, built thousands of years ago by humans and for humans and then further populated and protected by elves; their stint as a "neutral" body existed for perhaps a few short years and even then, that "neutrality" was merely a compromise made to end a grave threat to all life.

The Alliance itself is hardly that old. Dalaran was an independent nation for a bloody long time with a mix of rulers. The Alliance was formed when the horde invaded. Frankly its time as part of the Alliance was pretty short too.

The BEs wanting to reconnect with Dalaran again doesnt mean they wanted to reconnect with the Allaince.

No, it's also biological.

High Elves are to Blood Elves as Mag'har are to green-skinned orcs. Exposure to the fel taint is the defining difference.

Otherwise the Scryers and Valeera would be High Elves, when they are clearly Blood Elves.

The physical differences are superfical at best. Its the political and ideological diferences that are the source of the divide.

Also the Scryers arent Alliance. At best they can be argued to be neutral. Its highly likely the have links to Silvermoon particularly since the Aldor favor the alliance.

As for Valeera, thats kind of my point. The only thing that was making her a BE was that she was identifying herself as one.

No, they're not. They're neutral in the Alliance-Horde conflict, which means that they have no more loyalty to Quel'thalas than to Stormwind.

Or how could I be Exalted with them?

I have horde characters Exalted with the Aldor and yet there leader acts as Velen's rep at Alliance summits.
As for Valeera, thats kind of my point. The only thing that was making her a BE was that she was identifying herself as one.

And her tan skin, and her glowing green eyes.

Those are marks of fel taint, which Blood Elves have and High Elves don't have.

Given the stunt he pulls in Jade Forest, I could see Valeera making sure he is silenced, mana tapped, bound in chains and kept in a brig cell until returned home. And Varian wouldn't complain in the slightest at the treatment.

I now feel an opportunity was wasted to not include Valeera in among the SI:7 team that was sent to Pandaria. This would have been really entertaining.

That would've been very cool. Far better than Mishka.
12/12/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Adeodatus

You shut your dirty mouth before I wash it out with fel soap.
12/12/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Kurze
You shut your dirty mouth before I wash it out with fel soap.

This angered me as well.

Mishka is awesome. JAWsome even.
This angered me as well.

I would infiltrate that SI:7 agent. If you know what I mean.
This angered me as well.

WHOA!!!

WHOA WHOA WHOA SETTLE DOWN with the Lok'Tar

WHOA!!!

*crashes out a window of Stormwind's command center early one morning amidst a hail of crossbow fire, staggering into the trees naked but for a bedsheet held around his waist, yelling "I'LL CALL YOU!" and then fleeing through a demonic portal before a fireball craters the spot where he'd been standing*

Naw, nothing beats the heal-spec'd Draenei rogue.
According to Stormrage, she left Stormwind sometime after the Lich King's death and hasn't been seen since.
12/11/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Gibbons

So should every High elf in Outland have the same eyes as Blood elves.. The land is -heavy- with fel corruption.

WHOA!!!

I'd turn Mishka away from the light in a heartbeat.
12/12/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Kynrind

So should every High elf in Outland have the same eyes as Blood elves.. The land is -heavy- with fel corruption.

Not really. Theres a high elven NPC at the Allerian Stronghold that mentions High Elves draining things lime mana batteries and such just enough to take the edge off their cravings for arcane energy, and she makes very curt mention of not being a Blood Elf.
She's not needed for the story, so she's...vanished into the void, I guess. Same void where they put Tess and Mia Greymane (who are nowhere to be found post-Gilneas - actually, I don't think Tess ever even showed up outside the Curse of the Worgen comic), Turalyon and Alleria (who I doubt we'll see any time soon), and Thassarian's sister Larissa (who never appears in game post-Wrath and he seems to forget she exists, so).

But yeah. It happens a lot to characters who aren't relevant anymore, particularly female characters, and it's aggravating as hell. These are characters who could be decent if developed well, you know? But instead they vanish.
To be fair, Turalyon and Alleria have LITERALLY vanished rather than simply not being utilized.
12/10/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Trook
Yes and those BEs that wanted to go back just got purged from the city for being pro Horde.

It's still unclear what has happened to the numerous BE's that remain captive, though for the moment you're right -- but note that those who remain loyal to Aethas Sunreaver as opposed to Garrosh Hellscream are almost all likely to favor ties to the Kirin Tor over ties to the Horde, not unlike most typical humans in Dalaran.

Not the timeline is significant too. At the time of Shadow of the Sun, Dalaran was far closer to a neutral body, in no small part because the conflict between the horde and the alliance was far tamer. Hell, prior to the Wrathgate, the alliance was more agressive in cross faction conflicts than the horde was.

Shadow of the Sun was set before the horde had even set sail in force.

But wasn't everyone on this forum just saying, not 48 hours ago, that it has almost always been under constant attack by the Horde in some way or another since the end of the Third War? The Sin'dorei would've known even then that the "neutrality" of Dalaran was a faux.

12/10/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Trook
The elves are staunchly self-aggrandizing, they don't like entering compacts which can be avoided or don't directly benefit them -- this is a trait seen as far back as the Troll Wars. This explains why they wouldn't want to fight in the Second War (until the threat became real for them as well) and as well why they would seek to immediately emancipate from that arrangement once hostilities died down.

All of which is completely irrelivant to my point. My point was that the BEs werent looking to return to an old relationship because to the bulk of the BE population that relationship had been short and for the most part one of neccessity. Those who saw it different mostly remained HEs from the begining. Dalaran was a different story. Dalaran was as much part of HE society as Silvermoon was.

It's perfectly relevant to what you said as it pertains directly to the BE's sense of necessity, they enter into pacts only when it benefits them as much or more than it benefits those they're allying with; they pledged their allegiance to the Horde after deciding that the Alliance wasn't benefiting them as much as they were benefiting it, though funnily enough this exact same thing has now happened on the Horde as well which further divides those who see it one way or another (compare Rommath & Aethas).

As for Dalaran, it seems like the rest of the story forum here would agree that "neutral Dalaran" has been constantly assaulted by the Horde roughly since the end of the Third War and hardly "neutral" at all. They'd helped both sides at times, sure, but in the end everyone, everywhere, on every faction, knew that Dalaran would be Alliance when push came to shove. To suggest that those HE's and BE's living there didn't know that is hogwash. It's not a coincidence that Aethas Sunreavers wants BE's in the Kirin Tor and Quel'thalas in the Alliance, those mentalities likely run (should say, ran) strong in the BE's.

The future on that front remains to be seen.

The Alliance itself is hardly that old. Dalaran was an independent nation for a bloody long time with a mix of rulers. The Alliance was formed when the horde invaded. Frankly its time as part of the Alliance was pretty short too.

The BEs wanting to reconnect with Dalaran again doesnt mean they wanted to reconnect with the Allaince.

I didn't say anything about the Alliance in the bit you responded to here -- the point made was that they, Dalaran, had existed for hundreds or even thousands of years as an affiliate of both the humans (via Seven Kingdoms) and the elves (via Kirin Tor) and most certainly developed a bias in favor of those two over others. Their very brief stint at neutrality roughly aligns with the annihilation of many of the Seven Kingdoms and the invasion of the Quel'thalas. The entirety of the world would've known, at that time, that this "neutrality" was a defense mechanism and little more, they were still very much biased in favor of the Alliance. If that wasn't the case then how could one argue that lobbying was needed just to allow any Horde races to even enter the city during the Northrend Campaign?
regarding the kirin tor neutrality isnt nethergarde keep kirin tor? and if i remember right post cata nethergarde is getting attacked by the horde this is in addition to the stuff up at dalaran crater add in theramore and the stuff happening in 5.1 i think dalaran is pro alliance whether they admit to it or not.