patch?

General Discussion
anyone else redownloading a patch? or is that the blizzard downloader updating?
great. wish they would of said something in a post somewhere telling us what they fixing or adding.
12/07/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Moiyra

It's just a small patch for a tools update.
12/07/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Nethaera

small patch ? that thing took a good few minutes, and this computer is crazy strong with good internet connection.

That was a mighty download for a tools update :P
Same here.

If you go to the tech support forums there are a lot of complaints about this.

I can't even play atm, my launcher is shot. Waiting for halp.

In the mean time, you can launch WoW directly from your World of Warcraft folder.

Should be located somewhere in your program files (x86)[for newer computers]. Youll scroll down until you see World of Warcraft, from there you should see World of Warcraft Launcher, and then just WoW. If you double click wow, it should start right up.

Good luck (:
small patch ? that thing took a good few minutes, and this computer is crazy strong with good internet connection.

I didn't ever notice a patch being downloaded, and I'm on a terrible trans-Pacific (Oceanic) connection.
It can't have been very big.

Then again, it may have more to do with the fact I start my launcher and then go AFK for 5-10 mins to get a drink & make sure the house is in order before playing.
12/07/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Shammylama

Hmm, I saw very little download time and a few minutes used in applying the 12,000 files.
Odd. My WoW folder went from 20GB to 21.4 GB.

Small update? O.o
yeah, it updated about 12000 objects i think. Didn't pay it any heed and just clicked Play
12/07/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Nethaera

What's new about it?
12/07/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Deathknote
What's new about it?
Was a fix to the repair tool, iirc.

In the mean time, you can launch WoW directly from your World of Warcraft folder.

Should be located somewhere in your program files (x86)[for newer computers]. Youll scroll down until you see World of Warcraft, from there you should see World of Warcraft Launcher, and then just WoW. If you double click wow, it should start right up.

Good luck (:

Thank you! I'll try this when I get home!

Much appreciated.

No comment on how it broke a lot of peoples launcher?

I wouldn't be the one to comment on that necessarily. It's better to hop into the Tech support forums for any information that they may have for those having issues.
It was an update to the launcher bringing the repair tool back in. It was flagged to do an auto check and repair of your game files.

@Nethaera the coffee bird tried to post on this last night but the website was giving him issues :(
12/07/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Shammylama

Come on, it's not like you have dial-up internet. Mine downloaded in less than 3 mins.