big heal for disc pvp

Priest
-have 4 main pieces of pvp gear for the holy spark by casting pom which increases the percentage of healing done by your greater heal by 50%

-3 stacks of grace on your healing target to increase healing by 30%

-smite targets to get 5 stacks of evangelism then cast archangel which increases healing done by 25%

-cast inner focus so your greater heal will crit for sure

-cast greater heal

-???

-BIG HEAL

so big that it will heal a target from very low health all the way to full
also before anyone says pvp disc is bad, it's actually not, it's really good right now, disc is not really a healing spec, it's more of a supporter role that you provide, for example, we bubble,we heal (not that much),we dispel offensively and defensively, we cc using psychic scream and using the lvl15 talent spell, we use cooldowns lower damage (pain suppression and power word barrier) and while doing all that we can still put out some damage for closing in for the kill. many people dont know how to play since they pve some much with disc that its very different on pvp terms, i don't know about arena though since i don't do that because it's too serious and i don't enjoy it, i only bg and world pvp lol, so yeah.
so basicly youre saying to be able to land a big heal we have to do

penance = 3stacks of grace
smite
smite
smite
smite
smite
pom
inner focus
greater heal
oh wait he's already dead
Disc has always been fine, baddies want to get carried by class mechanics again..
just saying how to pull big numbers, i didn't think anyone knew all this and i found it out myself a couple days ago just by playing
12/10/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Truewan
Disc has always been fine, baddies want to get carried by class mechanics again..

LOL, please.
Just respec holy if your wanting big easy heals. I hit 1.2 million crit on tsulong in ToES.
12/10/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Vortic
just saying how to pull big numbers, i didn't think anyone knew all this and i found it out myself a couple days ago just by playing
I did this in 5.0 before MoP was even out. My sham friend and I were seeing who could do the biggest heal. The only thing you forgot was to use inner fire
12/10/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Vortic

Uh....http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7349425503#12
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7350045490

I've known about this for a while.
Okay... I honestly think I am the only one who believes Disc is fine, I'm all for buffs though if blizzard listens to the QQ. We're OP as it is :/
12/10/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Truewan
Okay... I honestly think I am the only one who believes Disc is fine, I'm all for buffs though if blizzard listens to the QQ. We're OP as it is :/

Play another healer with resto in their name and then decide if disc is op.

If disc is OP now, we must have been gods in cata
Will be playing serious RPS with my shaman tomorrow :)

My Spriest finally gets T1!
12/10/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Jessqt
I did this in 5.0 before MoP was even out. My sham friend and I were seeing who could do the biggest heal. The only thing you forgot was to use inner fire

obviously inner fire, i don't know much who actually use inner will
12/10/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Vortic
isc is not really a healing spec, it's more of a supporter role that you provide, for example, we bubble,we heal (not that much),we dispel offensively and defensively, we cc using psychic scream and using the lvl15 talent spell, we use cooldowns lower damage (pain suppression and power word barrier) and while doing all that we can still put out some damage for closing in for the kill.

Hmm let me modify this for hpal

"Hpal is not really just a healing spec, it's also a supporter role that you provide, for example, we bubble, we heal (a lot), we dispel defensively, we cc using repentance, fear, and hoj, we use cooldowns to lower damage (sac, bop), and while doing all that we can still put out extreme damage for closing in for the kill, about 2-3x more than those silly disc priests".

12/10/2012 11:17 PMPosted by Truewan

You are most likely trolling because it's what you do, but if you do believe that you are just plain wrong/are not aware of what any other healer can do, which I doubt.
Disc problem is in no way the amount that we heal for, its 100% the fact that we have absolutely 0 mobility (fade is not even close to being useful, besides its phantasm effect) and we are the only healer that goes oom!

I play a RDruid/Hpal/MW Monk along with my Disc (only on tuesdays heh) and Disc is so far behind the other healers its comical.
You are most likely trolling because it's what you do, but if you do believe that you are just plain wrong/are not aware of what any other healer can do, which I doubt.

Either troll or just a 1700 player like his team says and just doesn't understand anything :(
I agree that Disc isn't as abysmal as people can make it out to be, but it isn't at the level of Holy pallies and especially resto shamans. Pretty much all the other healers are in a better place besides maybe monks (I don't know anything about them). With a few minor tweeks here and there, Disc could potentially be a great spec. They have some amazing, and more importantly fun, tools at their disposal. Rapture actually working while CC'd now could end up helping the mana problem out tremondously. I haven't arena'd on my priest since the change so we'll see.

Imho, if the mana problem is solved, all Disc needs back is its offensive utility. Specifically damage, all the tools are there to make an amazing offensive healer, the damage isn't.
12/10/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Vortic
i don't know about arena though since i don't do that because it's too serious and i don't enjoy it, i only bg and world pvp lol, so yeah.
Thats cool, but there is a major difference between arena and bgs. The level of coordination and play honestly can't even be compared. So just because you're doing great in bgs, doesn't mean that'll translate into arena.
12/11/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Corbsisawful

Either troll or just a 1700 player like his team says and just doesn't understand anything :(

He has a 2200 achievement, but who knows if that was achieved on his disc or another toon, or if it was just a carry.

Either way, disc is definitely not up to par with the other healers, so he must be a troll.

Do note I'm not basing what I say upon a level 88, I've played my buddies disc at 90 in full pvp gear, as well as my resto druid and a resto sham.