Lore based holidays

Story Forum
I've always thought that adding some holidays in game that are lore founded would be a really nice addition. Maybe celebrate the the Fall of the Lich King or the Battle of Mount Hyjal.

Discussion, perhaps? What do you think?
Harvest Festival was kinda like that. You honored Grom Hellscream and Uther the Lightbringer, depending on your faction.

Always fun to take the RP walk from Orgrimmar into Demon's Fall.
That's one, and also we have Hallow's End that celebrate the Forsaken freeing from the Scourge. But those are more RL holidays that are introduced, with its own lore of course, but introduced nonetheless into Azeroth, instead of originating from it.
I believe the humans had a Holiday called Hordefall, not sure if it was from the RPG books tho :/
12/10/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Kaeldanon
That's one, and also we have Hallow's End that celebrate the Forsaken freeing from the Scourge. But those are more RL holidays that are introduced, with its own lore of course, but introduced nonetheless into Azeroth, instead of originating from it.

Hallow's End is also a human holiday.

Really, they've done a lot to make holidays seem more lore-based I think. The last time Noblegarden was around I think they added a bit more Lore to why it's celebrated.

I think the one holiday that probably has the least Lore related to it would be the Valentine's Day one.