CC Alert U.I.: I liked the Red Cooldown

UI and Macro
Damn. When the new Loss of Control Alert UI was implemented in patch 5.1, I liked the red cooldown in my bars but hated the big red description alert that covered my character in the screen. I was happy to disable the alert for most options (except Disarm/Silences because they're harder to notice), and loved the Red Cooldown to warn me when my powers would come back.

But people complained, and I knew I would get screwed. And so it happened.

Is there some /console command or any other option to return the Red Cooldown in the bars without showing the big red alert over my character?
There are several add-ons that do the same thing without blocking your character or the cooldown timer on the bars
Try enable Loss of Control Alerts in the Interface > Combat menu and run this script:/run LossOfControlFrame.Show = function() end
12/10/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Choonster
Try enable Loss of Control Alerts in the Interface > Combat menu and run this script:/run LossOfControlFrame.Show = function() end

But won't I need to run that script everytime the alert shows?
And won't it interfere in the few cases in which I want the alert to appear?

12/10/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Topchef
There are several add-ons that do the same thing without blocking your character or the cooldown timer on the bars

Don't wanna an add-on if there may be a simple /console command that could give me my red bars back.

---------------------------

Also, I noticed some odd behaviors with the alerts. I onlykept the alerts for Silences, Interrupts and Disarms, but the alert was appearing when I get polimorphed (which shouldn't). Also, when I'm feared, the alert doesn't appear and the red cooldown appears as well (yay \o/)
I for one like it being disabled. I didn't like any part of the new CC UI. But I do have to agree with the fact that they (for some players) probably should have added options to individually disable and enable certain parts of the new CC UI. So everyone could be happy.

I thank blizz for the change because it solves my problem but I hope they can help you too.
As far as I can tell, there's only one CVar for each loss of control category that controls whether the alert shows for the full duration of the effect, just at the start or not at all. If disabling alerts for that category disables the red cooldowns as well, you'll need an AddOn to modify the alert (or provide its own alerts); it can't be done with /console commands.

My earlier post assumed you wanted to completely disable the alert while keeping the cooldowns, which was incorrect (I should have read your post properly).
Forget it, guys, I've been a fool for creating this thread.

The red cooldown still exists. If you check the option to show the new CC control UI, and then disable just the options I want to not show the alert, the Red Cooldown still appears. For it to go away, you need to uncheck the option to disable all CC control.

/close thread and sorry for my mistake.