Anyone remember "Monster Rancher"?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Does anyone remember this game? And is anyone else out there super excited there's a possibility the system could be coming to WoW for pets?????
... THEMESONG STUCK IN HEAD! /flails

Of course I remember it, but the WoWpet system is much more Pokémon than Monster Rancher.
God.... I can't even remember how much time was spent gathering every cd/dvd possible in the house and running through them, trying to get all the monsters possible. Some of the more interesting pixie hybrids came from my brother's anime collection. XD

Of course I remember it, but the WoWpet system is much more Pokémon than Monster Rancher.

Right, but recently they mentioned the possibility of bringing breeding into the pet system.

Right, but recently they mentioned the possibility of bringing breeding into the pet system.

Yes, but Pokémon had that as well. Eggs!

Yes, but Pokémon had that as well. Eggs!

I have honestly never played pokemon past Gold/Silver. After 150(151) i lost interest

But monster rancher on the other hand... was ALWAYS trying to come up with the best breed for pets!
Monster Rancher had amazing customization. Phoenix/Dragon hybrid, you will be missed.
I had the one for the GBA. I had a rough time near the end of the game with the really hard tournaments. I would train a monster really hard to compete in it, but they couldn't compete because they usually weren't ready the first time it came around, but were too old the next time it came around.
MR2 was my favorite of the series. Defining video game series of my childhood.
I remember it!
My brother had it and played through it a few times. I could never seem to get anywhere as by the time my monster started getting strong, it would die and I would have to start from the begining again with a new one.
12/10/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Nightmaw
God.... I can't even remember how much time was spent gathering every cd/dvd possible in the house and running through them, trying to get all the monsters possible. Some of the more interesting pixie hybrids came from my brother's anime collection. XD

YES! I did this for so long, oh man was it so satisfying finding an awesome monster.