How to get all mail really fast?

UI and Macro
Using Postal is a huge step up. And I also learned typing /reload, I can refresh the mailbox faster, but not too much faster.

But is there some way to just get all the mail at the same time, kind of like auction house addons can do a "GetAll" super fast search.

Whats the fastest mail addon?
Postal.

The rate of getting mail is determined by Blizzard.
The in-game mailbox only loads 50 mails at a time from the server. There is nothing you can do client-side to expedite the loading of the next group of 50 (you are suffering from confirmation bias when you believe that /reload makes the process any faster).
12/10/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Sumcallmetim
The in-game mailbox only loads 50 mails at a time from the server. There is nothing you can do client-side to expedite the loading of the next group of 50 (you are suffering from confirmation bias when you believe that /reload makes the process any faster).

If I don't type /reload I might have to wait 30 seconds for next 50.

When I type /reload they are available as soon as the UI is back, and that only takes less than 10 seconds...

Maybe you are the one suffering confirmation bias?
I'm having trouble understanding why this is a problem. I understand that time is money, and no one plays the game solely because they like the in-game mail system. Just, what on earth are you doing that you have that much mail?
12/11/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Amplexius
I'm having trouble understanding why this is a problem. I understand that time is money, and no one plays the game solely because they like the in-game mail system. Just, what on earth are you doing that you have that much mail?

Hovering around 1000-1500 auctions at a time currently, when they start expiring you can have a lot of mail!
There is no 'getall' option for mail like there is for the AH. Addons can help fetch the 50 pieces of mail but you're still limited to 50 pieces of mail every 60 seconds or a reload.

(you are suffering from confirmation bias when you believe that /reload makes the process any faster).
/reload absolutely works. It's easily quantifiable. People with very old computers or 800mb worth of addon data writing/loading every reload may not see the benefit. But it does reduce the time it takes to fetch 100+ pieces of mail.
12/11/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Torkmaeda
Maybe you are the one suffering confirmation bias?
Not confirmation bias; long load screens, I guess. I do run way too many addons, though.
12/11/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Torkmaeda
Hovering around 1000-1500 auctions at a time currently, when they start expiring you can have a lot of mail!

That's insane. You're probably part of the reason the mail system is set up the way it is. Running the Auction House are you? Got any tips for a beginner? lol
12/12/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Amplexius

That's insane. You're probably part of the reason the mail system is set up the way it is. Running the Auction House are you? Got any tips for a beginner? lol

Well personally I sell glyphs, which means I need to relist at least 1000 auctions every few days. I'm nowhere near controlling the market, it's just that the glyph market is extremely hit and miss. It's very hard to tell which glyphs are going to sell, I usually sell around 10 (out of 1000+) every listing period.
unfortunately there's no addon that will grab mail reload the ui and grab more mail. it will reset itself everytime you reload so you will have to start it again
I googled it, and might as well post a solution here in case anyone looks for answer:

You can get mail quite a b it faster then just regular postal:

-Open: WoW folder > Interface > Addons > Postal > Postal.lua
-Change OpenSpeed = 0.50, to OpenSpeed = 0.20, then reload UI in game
-Also After clicking Open All, you can get the mail even faster by spam shift clicking the mail at the same time
-Once you get all 50, type /reload (Or save this as a macro, so you can just press a button)

[I tested open speed 0.10 and it worked, i dont know if any faster than 0.20. Then I tested 0.001 and it worked, did seem pretty fast, but not much more..]
I also sell glyphs and can sometimes have over 2500 e-mails. It is ludicrious that Blizzard, who now requires prety high-end video cards for end-content raiding, can't figure out a faster way to transfer simple, very small files through the game's e-mail system. There is no reason other than intentional design for it to take more than a couple seconds to send several thousand of those e-mails. Very frustrating.

I did do Torkmaeda's trick and it did seem to speed up the time interval between receiving the e-mails, however other than doing a /Reload there is no way around the 60 second delay for the next 50. When you use OQ it's very annoying to people to see you sign off and back on again every 30 seconds while you get your 2500 e-mails.