5.1 SV Rotation

Hunter
I have seen very little detailed information relative to SV rotations since patch 5.1. I wanted to share what it is that I have been doing, and then hope to see some feedback/suggestions.

Opening Burst Rotation:

HM on target
Pre Pot
Apply SrS (I moved this to top priority on opening burst since the buff to SrS)
Apply BA (I prioritize getting this up over ES due to having the 4 set T14 bonus and use LnL right away)
ES
Stampede
GT
DB
CS x 1 (this gives me just enough focus to cast AMoC)
RF + AMoC + Pot macro (pops both CD's at once and puts me almost focus starved...the addition of the Pot in the macro is for using the RF later in the encounter. Timed properly as I have listed above I will still have the pre-pot up and hence not waste the pot with the macro during either RF used during the burst rotation)
Readiness
GT
Cast as many CS as I can during RF without focus capping using AS to dump focus unless there is another set of LnL proc (which with 4pc T14 happens more often than not)
Refresh BA as soon as it falls off to increase potential of 4pc T14
DB off CD
Recast RF as soon as it falls off
Recast AMoC as soon as it falls off

I wont get into what I do from here cuz its all common knowledge priority from there.

The question I have is if there is something I could be doing differently to sqeak out better burst damage. I am right up there at the end of the encounter with equally geared BM hunters. But my burst is anywhere from 5-15K away from an equally geared BM hunter pending their talent level.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
How are you dealing with LnL procs?

I would generally avoid using DPS pots in a macro, as you should be timing it with external CDs/boss mechanics. It won't really help your burst, either.

As far as the rotation goes... It would be better to use AMoC earlier on so that you can refresh it as soon as possible (assuming a single target situation). You can delay things like GT and (if you don't need the focus earlier, or if you don't plan on staggering it) DB, as their cooldowns will be reset at the same time by readiness regardless of how early you use them. Pop RF as soon as you need to cast anything (cobra shot to refresh the SrS), but before readiness of course.

Also, if comparing to other hunters, results will tend to vary based on the encounter. BM hunters will outburst survival hunters, but survival hunters will have better sustained as soon as multi-dotting becomes an option. Keep in mind also that better sustained does not necessarily mean better effective DPS, as it depends on whether the encounter needs the single target burst or the sustained multi-target DPS (ie the importance of Empress' 3rd phase compared to the add phase).
Maybe im doing something wrong but I find that using AS as a focus dump is better than using ES at all even with LnL procs up.
12/11/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Letan
Maybe im doing something wrong but I find that using AS as a focus dump is better than using ES at all even with LnL procs up.

If your weapon is much higher ilvl than the rest of your gear then it's possible for AS to be better than ES but it has to be a huge gap. If you're not entirely sure just go back through your own logs or even just recount and take a comparison between damage being dealt for each global being used.
12/11/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Letan

How could not using the free Lnl procs be a DPS increase even if ES was worse than arcane?

The free shots are free.

How could not using the free Lnl procs be a DPS increase even if ES was worse than arcane?

The free shots are free.

Well because of cobra shot hunter is a GCD locked class, so even something free is still an entire global, which is more than half a cobra shot, giving it an effective focus cost of 6 or 7, and thats not even counting the actual damage of the cobra shot itself.

Nothing is entirely free with this class.