Old habits die hard

Priest
Just realized I've been gearing my shadow set to 17% hit out of habit despite the fact that its now only 15% to cap.

Any old habits you guys find you're having trouble giving the boot?
I'm having trouble kicking the habit of (re)applying VT over SWP despite SWP is higher priority nowdays.
12/12/2012 03:39 AMPosted by Nordstjärnan
I'm having trouble kicking the habit of (re)applying VT over SWP despite SWP is higher priority nowdays.

Technically, you should have always prioritized SW:P since it used to be our highest DPeT spell, it's just that you'd rarely have to pay attention to refreshing it as Mind Flay would usually do that for you far more often than once per duration.

For me the issue is stopping myself from automatically casting Mind Flay after Mind Blast when I should be casting Devouring Plague right away if I just got my third orb.
I cast VE from time to time while buffing.

A good vent/mumble method to annoying people during mid attempts is to ask for Divine Spirit.
12/12/2012 03:57 AMPosted by Taheraliel
For me the issue is stopping myself from automatically casting Mind Flay after Mind Blast when I should be casting Devouring Plague right away if I just got my third orb.

If you start channeling MF after you got your third orb, don't stop the channel. Let it finish, then cast DP. Those orbs aren't going anywhere.

The only reason you would want to cast DP as soon as possible is if you have a DI proc while you're already at 3 orbs.

I cast VE from time to time while buffing.

^^^ This makes me a sad panda approximately .2 secs after I cast it......
I almost never pull mobs with VT when soloing anymore.
I still try to hit my SW:D button when I want mana back sadly to no avail :(