New to WoW need advice

New Player Help and Guides
Hello fellow WoW players, as the title says I'm new here and would like to play a class people like or want in their party I'm not asking whats the best, the best is what you enjoy playing.. What I'm asking is it was up to you what would you want in your raid\bg\dungeon party

What Tank:
What Healer:
All classes are viable. Group balance would depend on what is already present, but that's not anything to worry about until end game raiding.

What we want in our dungeons, raids, and BGs are players that understand the mechanics of their class and the mechanics of the encounters.

You might want to try the sticky at the top of this forum if you're looking for help in picking a class to play.
I was hoping someone wouldn't answer like this. It's a simple enough question I know different healers and tanks do well in different raids but I just want to know one thing what healer\tank do YOU want in your group. Everyone has a preference on what they like the best, simple.
If it weren't for class-colored unit frames, I wouldn't even know what classes I'm in a dungeon with most of the time. The only time I notice/remember what someone's playing is when the player is exceptional enough to notice, and then it's just because it's easier for the story to stick in my head that way.

Hunters with cat pets really throw me off. I think I'm hangin' out with this cool feral druid for half the dungeon, then realize there's an extra DPS.

The only thing I don't want is somebody who wants the same loot I do, and that's entirely down to which class I'm playing at the time myself.

Edit: Okay, so, in a raid, I want a druid or monk co-tank, 'cause leather. But all the other tanks in my guild are DKs and pallies, and that's no problem. Honestly don't care about the healers or DPS as long as buffs and CDs are covered well enough.
12/13/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Hyper
Everyone has a preference on what they like the best, simple.

No, actually. If the player is personable and does well in their role, then no one really cares what class they are.
12/13/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Hyper
Everyone has a preference on what they like the best, simple.

And this is exactly why questions like this are pointless. Ask 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers. Every tank and healer is viable so play the one that YOU want to play.
All classes are viable. Group balance would depend on what is already present, but that's not anything to worry about until end game raiding.

What we want in our dungeons, raids, and BGs are players that understand the mechanics of their class and the mechanics of the encounters.

QFT.
I don't care what class or spec they are as long as they know how to play it well.
I have such a hard time picking a class though I need to be guided!!
12/13/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Hyper

Try: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021054075

With that we can do quite a bit better than throwing random suggestions at you.

The biggest issue with such a general question is that what is "wanted" in any particular group will depend entirely on what classes are already in that group.

So really, since all classes/specs are totally capable of fulfilling their respective rolls effectively, the reason someone might choose a Hunter over a Mage (as an example) for a DPS roll might be simply because that person likes animals and having the ability to tame pets.
12/13/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Hyper
What I'm asking is it was up to you what would you want in your raid\bg\dungeon party

Someone who wasn't a jerk.

I recommend you roll non-jerk. Spec friendly if possible, non-offensive is a viable secondary spec, though I don't know how viable non-offensive is at level cap.

Guided into our personal preference so you play something we like and something you hate?

That's a horrible idea. Take the questionnaire from the sticky.
Anyone have a link to Icedragons Class Wheel and pointer?

EDIT: NM Found it. Here you go OP

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2969/classspinner.jpg
Druid
Druid

Can't go wrong. :P