World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
I've posted this on another forum but it boils down to a couple different groups who say "deal with it":
Group 1) Those that are on PvE servers and don't have to deal with ganking.
Group 2) Those that are actually on a PvP server and are level 90, so again they don't have to deal with ganking.

CRZ changed the way PvP happens on PvP servers. It's completely ridiculous right now and in now way shape or form the same as it was the past several years. You got all the douchebags of every server joined together to join giant groups of douchebaggery whose sole purpose is to be as much of a douchebag as possible.
I actually have a question for those players complaining that they are ganked/camped for hours on end.

How do you let that happen? Seriousily? Are you guys seriousily getting ganked, corpse running, then rezzing right next to the 90 who killed you and letting him do it again?

Some solutions would be spawning progressivly toward a town where some guards can help you. Ask some guildys/friends to come help you. Spawn behind some cover (e.g a tree) mount up and run for the hills or spawn on hills/other terrain to gain an advantage and run further away, or the old simple way out, log out and play another character for 30mins.

I full well understand that flying mounts to make it tricky to escape campers, but it is by no means impossible.

This is actually a legitimate question, i would love to hear some explanations as to how people are letting themselves get camped for hours.
12/12/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Rosenivy
PvP happened on a PvP server

On Everquest we calleds these people "Bluewbs: a combination of newbie plus the fact that non-pvp servers had names colored blue
A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.

PvP = Player verse Player

Was the level 30 a player? Yes
Was the level 90 a player? Yes

This means a player killed another player, which means PvP happened. I also find it funny you're highly rated, sorry bro you can't just make up new meaning of words on the spot.

Just to be the devil's advocate in here but the answer lies in the middle word that you're completely glossing over: Versus. There is no versus in a level 90 player exploding lower level players. The lower level player is non-participatory in the combat in any way, shape, or form.

Two players engaging in combat, first and foremost, requires that BOTH players actually be capable of *ENGAGING* in combat. That is Player VERSUS Player action. A level 30 player fighting a level 60+ player is not any different than an M1A1 Abrams taking on a ford pickup, or shooting fish in a barrel. There's no versus.

To further illustrate: Evander Holyfield vs Stephen Hawking. I mean, come on, seriously? This **** isn't PvP.
No one defending this has shown they are leveling a fresh toon on a pvp server.
So unless you are in fact doing so your argumnet is completely invalid as you have no experience with the current issue. CRZ never existed before; it was you vs your realm, not a dozen realms. Plus it gives complete annonimnity to the type that gets joy completely ruining the game for someone else.
I've been playing a new character for the past few days and I've come to the conclusion that questing is completely useless.

Here's what questing gets you:
-Sub-optimal exp gains
-runs after runs after runs back to your corpse after being ganked by someone of the opposite faction
-Crappy gear that 15 minutes in an instance can replace.

no matter where you are, what level you are, or what zone you are in (except for friendly zones) you WILL be ganked by the enemy. Because of the new-ish cross-realm zones, there are many more players in each zone. Now this isn't so bad. Sure, there are less mobs to kill when there's alot of players, but there are also many lvl 90's who like to gank. Now I understand that I am playing on a PvP server and that's what happens, but being ganked every 2 minutes makes the game unplayable.

Now I know that Blizz won't change anything about this because they don't actually care about the game experience anymore, but its just something that's been pissing on me for the past few days. I no longer do quests, instead, I just wait in Stormwind for my dungeon que to be up and do the same instances over and over.

10/10

Would read again!

A lvl 30 being killed repeatedly by a lvl 90 isn't PvP.

If both of those are players then yes it is.

That's the point we kept trying to make yesterday, and everyone kept missing the point.

I honestly don't understand how it can be more clear than that, but people still find a way to amaze me.

12/13/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Notatauren
Group 1) Those that are on PvE servers and don't have to deal with ganking.

I play Eve Online. That puts ganking on this game to shame.
So unless you are in fact doing so your argumnet is completely invalid as you have no experience with the current issue. CRZ never existed before; it was you vs your realm, not a dozen realms. Plus it gives complete annonimnity to the type that gets joy completely ruining the game for someone else.

Shakuras here. Kil'jaedan reroll.
I have been camped while leveling herbalism and collecting battle pets.

I haven't made a thread crying about it yet.
I actually have a question for those players complaining that they are ganked/camped for hours on end.

How do you let that happen? Seriousily? Are you guys seriousily getting ganked, corpse running, then rezzing right next to the 90 who killed you and letting him do it again?

Some solutions would be spawning progressivly toward a town where some guards can help you. Ask some guildys/friends to come help you. Spawn behind some cover (e.g a tree) mount up and run for the hills or spawn on hills/other terrain to gain an advantage and run further away, or the old simple way out, log out and play another character for 30mins.

I full well understand that flying mounts to make it tricky to escape campers, but it is by no means impossible.

This is actually a legitimate question, i would love to hear some explanations as to how people are letting themselves get camped for hours.

Easy. Group of 5 90s had everything shut down and would just go around the whole zone killing everyone. And if you are facing 3 + you stand little chance of getting away. If you don't know these things you haven't lived a pvp server. If they get resistance they go to another zone.

Ummm im defending this and i started leveling this warrior from level 18, 2 weeks after mop was released. I actually loved CRZ, i never understood what peoples problems with it were until i tried farming iron ore, but that is a whole other thing hah. World PvP was great while leveling, more people to kill and yes i got ganked A LOT, but that is why i rolled PvP servers and that is why i love 'em.
Leveling my alt have my pvp toon parked near him get killed by some lvl 90 with no gear. I get on my toon to kill him he is gone. I log back over another lvl 90 shows up and I try to get on my main again only for it to happen again. I don't mind fighting other idiots who want to gank my alt. But yeah with CRZ that really isn't going to work even if I do kill and camp the guy another takes his place from another server wasting my team and his time . I just don't see the point is CRZ for what is it worth I am all for world pvp but not like this.
Easy. Group of 5 90s had everything shut down and would just go around the whole zone killing everyone. And if you are facing 3 + you stand little chance of getting away. If you don't know these things you haven't lived a pvp server. If they get resistance they go to another zone.

Just because there are 5 people doesn't mean you cant use the full 30 yards to spawn from your corpse and move toward a town? Or why not just move to another zone? there are multiple areas on both continents now for leveling at each level :S its not hard. Or as i said simply log out for 30mins. Im still not hearing a valid way as to how you were pinned down for hours on end. And actually i've played PvP servers almost my whole time on wow, and as i just said have leveled this toon through CRZs. Honestly my fav way of escaping 3+ gankers was to hide behind trees and act all stealthy trying to escape and if they saw me and killed me, i lost. I turned ganking into another fun game haha.
[quote]No one defending this has shown they are leveling a fresh toon on a pvp server.

Ganking is ganking, whether it be on Warcraft, Ultimate Online, Eve Online, etc.

You act like CRZ is something new. It may be new to Warcraft, but other games have incorporated sandbox type servers. You think being ganked by 5 people is bad? Try looking over your shoulder your entire time playing, no matter what you are doing. As I said before, ya'll have it easy compared to some games, but sit here acting like you have a unique complaint.
12/13/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Tidus
Or as i said simply log out for 30mins.

While I have little to no sympathy towards people who roll on PvP servers, this suggestion is one that actually warrants an *entirely* different response. Namely intervention. If *existing players* are so disruptive to the game experience that other paying customers log out to avoid them as the only solution there is a problem that needs to be solved. Believe it or not, that actually hurts sales and badly...and sales are a number that every business pays attention to.

So don't *ever* make that kind of a suggestion.

Don't play on a PvP server. Transfer OFF the PvP server. Yes. Whatever. But "Stop playing" is not and should never be dropped as an answer or solution.
Hide... Hide OP from the bads and the forum trolls.... they will tear you to shreds with their "PvP on PvP server N00b", "Roll a PvE server" they don't care that you are no longer having fun so long as they get to feel good about themselves they will gank you and they will do anything to prevent that from changing.

now that I have have drawn their wrath upon myself you must Run, for the love of warcraft RUUUUNNNN!!
12/13/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Tidus

Just because there are 5 people doesn't mean you cant use the full 30 yards to spawn from your corpse and move toward a town? Or why not just move to another zone? there are multiple areas on both continents now for leveling at each level :S its not hard. Or as i said simply log out for 30mins. Im still not hearing a valid way as to how you were pinned down for hours on end. And actually i've played PvP servers almost my whole time on wow, and as i just said have leveled this toon through CRZs. Honestly my fav way of escaping 3+ gankers was to hide behind trees and act all stealthy trying to escape and if they saw me and killed me, i lost. I turned ganking into another fun game haha.

Let me explain it to you. Town NPCs are not 90. The players are 90. The players will own the NPCS then own you. Does that make sense?