World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
12/13/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Daxxarri
What a coincidence! I got ganked a few times today too. Took most of my lunch hour, actually. You don't know who you are, but if you're reading this: When I get to level cap and grab a few pieces of PvP gear, I'm going to eat your heart. As many times as it'll grow back. ♥

What makes you think you have any chance of ever finding him again? Oh that's right I forgot you work for Blizzard so you can see the matrix.
If anything, Daxx just basically stated "Kill everyone in the hopes that you kill me."

rofl.

ಠ_ಠ

12/13/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Judgernaught
What a coincidence! I got ganked a few times today too. Took most of my lunch hour, actually. You don't know who you are, but if you're reading this: When I get to level cap and grab a few pieces of PvP gear, I'm going to eat your heart. As many times as it'll grow back. ♥

What makes you think you have any chance of ever finding him again? Oh that's right I forgot you work for Blizzard so you can see the matrix.

I might not. Nevertheless, the fire of vengeance burns in my heart.
Posted by Beefnbrocoli
questing on pvp servers should give better rewards than dungeons as there is 9000% more risk involved and leveling is slow as hell.

"I chose to play on a server where I could be killed at any moment, of any day. I should be rewarded because of this."

Actually, players who do harder things should be more experienced, and so deserve more experience points.

It's not a bad idea.
On PvE realms, PvP happens on your terms.

On PvP realms, PvP happens on anyone's terms.

As it should be, as it has been, and as it shall be.
12/13/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Vacant

Now that's a completely different matter, and an interesting piece of feedback. I'm afraid that it got lost in the tone of the post.

It does give more of a reward. It's more interesting.

In a way, I kinda miss my PvP server days. While questing I always had to be on the look out and thinking of what I could do if I got jumped. Adds more danger and excitement to the world. It's just not for me. Not full time, at least. That's why I'm on a PvE realm now.

That's exactly why I moved to Dalaran for a long time. Was on Ner'zhul, stayed till around when BWL went live, then moved to a PvE. I was much happier, but it certainly was an experience by itself to be playing on a PvP server at the time. Of course, low levels actually were more prevalent than lv60's, so not as many total annihilation moments.
[quote="74151341644"]But a snide attitude about it, is definitely not the way to go. You people complain and complain and complain about how it is taking away from your fun, and when solutions are given, you get all rude and act like you're going to be all alone.

What you fail to grasp is "Pay to Leave", in one form or another, is not an acceptable solution. And when the game finally becomes not entertaining enough the way it is now, I won't break down and pay to escape this nonsense, I'll unsubscribe. Everyone has their limit, and I'm reaching mine with the direction they've taken the game. I wouldn't think it was a particularly good business plan to champion the non-stop harassment of those still interested in leveling characters, but hey, Blizzard knows best.

Now that's a completely different matter, and an interesting piece of feedback. I'm afraid that it got lost in the tone of the post.

I wouldn't mind that if its worth it to being ganked a lot.

As it is, those on PVP servers have more a challenge and end up placing more effort and time into doing dailies than those on PVE realms. Naturally based on the effort to reward model, those who do dailies on PVP servers should be rewarded more. Than again the effort to reward model went into the blender without a cover this expansion and is all over the place.

I've found just about anyone I wanted to kill in their shrine. As long as you have something in mind to escape afterwards, you can go in for a quick kill.

E: Actually, one person applied to our guild but decided to transfer to the horde side. I've killed him three times now in the horde shrine. Those who betray are sure to pay.
12/13/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Loor
What you fail to grasp is "Pay to Leave", in one form or another, is not an acceptable solution. And when the game finally becomes not entertaining enough the way it is now, I won't break down and pay to escape this nonsense, I'll unsubscribe.

So you'll abandon your friends, instead of rerolling.

Great logic.
OH OH I know lets have every low lvl area have a place like sunsong ranch where nothing can attack you till you run out of it.
If you're on a pvp server, you should be expecting this.
E: Nevermind, I shouldn't reveal seekrits
You know, you people astound me. How is it that nobody cares about the experience anymore? Just because someone rolls on a PvP server doesn't mean that they want to be completely incapable of questing.

Every good MMO that was truly PvP focused made sure that questing was still enjoyable by beefing up guards in towns, or leveling characters down to the max level of the zone, things like that.

Instead Blizz just says "Hey man, you knew what you signed up for" and absolutely refuses to do ANYTHING to balance things out.

Anyone who comes from one of these other PvP focused MMOs, like Warhammer or SWTOR, will be immediately put off by the so-called "PvP" servers on this game, and likely won't continue to play.

And seriously, what does it hurt you, again, so-called "PvP-ers" to admit that this is a problem? Unless you're all too limp-wristed to do anything than get your jollies ganking lowbies. Attack people your own level and leave the lowbies to their grind. They don't ALL have max level alts and guilds to call on you know.
Sometimes I wish I could hunt down Zahrym's rogue. Daxx what class do you pvp on mainly when u go around killing? Are you for the Horde or bringing glory to the Alliance.
12/13/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Imperil
I've found just about anyone I wanted to kill in their shrine

That's as it should be and all well and fine so long as the player you are hunting happens to reside on the same realm as yourself.

12/13/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri

All revved up and no place to go.
12/13/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Daxx confirmed for Darkspear.

Don't go camping innocent levelers on Darkspear for the sake of slaying me.

I'm not there. And no, I won't admit where I am if you guess correctly either.

Im betting ED
why not add a stacking "dishonorable Kill" debuff that is applied whenever you kill someone drastically below your level. It could increase the amount of honor gained for killing the ganker. Something like a bounty system to add an incentive to hunting down those who prey on the weak.
I wouldn't mind that maybe that get some of my lazy friends to help me.
12/13/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Bowlingball
What you fail to grasp is "Pay to Leave", in one form or another, is not an acceptable solution. And when the game finally becomes not entertaining enough the way it is now, I won't break down and pay to escape this nonsense, I'll unsubscribe.

So you'll abandon your friends, instead of rerolling.

Great logic.

My friends play other games as well. I wouldn't lose them there, but I'll lose out on playing with them in World of Warcraft whether I pay to transfer/reroll or quit the game. Blizzard's Real ID system is not the same as being in a guild, no matter how much you want to pretend it is to suit your argument. In the end, this argument still basically comes down to "you give up playing the game you've played for 8 years so a lot of us can be jerks all the time". The sad thing is this could be solved with a level filter on who cross-realms over based on the zone's level, but Blizzard has decided to fuel the worst of their player base instead.
12/13/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Rhododendron
why not add a stacking "dishonorable Kill" debuff that is applied whenever you kill someone drastically below your level. It could increase the amount of honor gained for killing the ganker. Something like a bounty system to add an incentive to hunting down those who prey on the weak.

That's an interesting idea, and we don't mind the idea of providing incentives (beyond faction pride) for high level players to get into PvP to protect their lower level compatriots.

The issue I see with systems like this is that they could be relatively easily gamed or exploited.