Light of Dawn

Paladin
..looked much cooler when it shot forward out of your hand like Cone of Cold. Please go back to the original animation. =(
Agreed. No idea why Blizzard changed it.
12/11/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Ghøst

Because it's not a frontal cone effect anymore. It's a point-blank AoE.

What they should do is flatten the animation so it radiates around you instead of over your head.
12/11/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Keten

Because it's not a frontal cone effect anymore. It's a point-blank AoE.

What they should do is flatten the animation so it radiates around you instead of over your head.

Tis would certainly be much cooler. Like some sort of sunburst animation.
Yeah, would look better flattened out some. I remember doing testing with a guildmate in early cataclysm to test the exact size/shape of the area that LoD hit back when it was a frontal "cone". We used smoke flares to map out the area. It wasn't even a cone back then. It was a small rectangle about 10 yards wide, and about 28 yards long. It didn't matter how close or far a player was from you, the width of the heal was the same, which was counter-intuitive since it was labeled as a cone and a cone should make it easier to catch spread out targets that are farther away from you (but still within range from you). It's good that they made it a normal aoe heal due to those glaring limitations.
Agreed. I think the "same animation but pointing up" is a cop out. Especially when you look at something like the priest's halo spell. I'd take a yellow colored arcane explosion at this point.
12/12/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Hexonerus
Agreed. I think the "same animation but pointing up" is a cop out. Especially when you look at something like the priest's halo spell. I'd take a yellow colored arcane explosion at this point.

You mean.... Holy Nova? :3

That'd actually be great to see, considering no one uses Holy Nova except for laughs - would be nice seeing that animation again.
Looks pretty silly now, last night in LFR we had 5 holy pallies. You could imagine how dumb it looked.
Yeah it doesnt look as cool as it was :(
But i got used to it , its actually pretty nice when you seeing it from up.
I rolled a pally a few weeks ago with the sole intention of being able to use this spell. (cata style anim)
i loved the spell so much in cata. i would ask the pally healers in my group to spam it!!! loved it!!!
Then i dinged 70...... Heartbreak!!!!
Needless to say i'm no fan of the new spell animation or its lazy aoe style.
Regrettably my pally will remain inactive as i can no longer do what i created her for.....
I'm a sad spacegoat....
I think that'd be a cool glyph to make it work and look like how it did in Cataclysm.

They at least, it wouldn't always be a smart heal.