WTF Blizzard!?!?

Pet Battles
There are Epic quality pets on the NPC tamers but we cam't get them yet! I call Shenanigans!!!
In the future they plan to add most likely epic stones and legendary stones.
Wait till you get to the legendary pets. :)
Wait until you make all 500+ collectable pets rare before you start hooting about epics/legendary ones
They have to give them better stats to give us a challenge to compensate for the poop ai.
its not shenanigans if you havent noticed all the trainers ai is nonexistant.

they do their pets attacks in the same order every time, regardless of hits and misses. they will always a swpa out a pet cced (by stuns, sleeps etc). and they will never deviate from this pattern.

to compensate that the people battling these tamers have an IQ above that of a potato(hopefully), they are given superior quality pets with different movesets and types. its meant to be a challenge.
12/12/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Nightsbane
In the future they plan to add most likely epic stones and legendary stones.

They have only said they are considering it, it's still not definite. Personally I expect epic stones to become available (albeit highly difficult to obtain), while legendary pets remain exclusively for NPCs. Also I think there may be some restriction on them, say a maximum of 1 epic pet in your lineup at a time. But we can only wait and see.

But anyway, as is said above it is necessary for NPC tamers to have stronger pets to keep some degree of challenge in it.
12/12/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Hearus
They have to give them better stats to give us a challenge to compensate for the poop ai.

This.

I hope we don't have to deal with epic and legendary stones.

Don't bring gear wars into pet battles. It's the one part of the game that doesn't have to deal with it right now...
It's to increase the difficulty of the tamer fights because the tamer AI is dumb.
Off topic, but does anyone know what reason there is to PvP Pet Battle with lvl 25 pets? Any benefits?
12/12/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Jägerbömb
Off topic, but does anyone know what reason there is to PvP Pet Battle with lvl 25 pets? Any benefits?
Entertainment.