"Roll on a PvE server"

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 11 12 13 26 Next

I agree that there have throughout time been particular PvP hotspots, though (again, maybe it is rose-coloured-glasses) I don't ever feel it felt mean and nasty. If you went to those locations, you knew what you were getting into and that was that. I'd probably add Blackrock Mountain to your list. Now though, it feels like it isn't just people having fun participating in epic, mostly even battles at the hotspots, rather the whole world is a hotspot filled not with people looking for fights, but with people maliciously wanting to ruin the experience of others and then fly away. They come from a multitude of servers, with one intention - griefing. The occasional 2 or 3 corpse runs every hour that we used to have outside the core zones were fine and normal - you'd just ignore them and move on; now it feels like you spend more time dead than alive in levelling zones.

It still isn't griefing.

What was the name of that one guy in vanilla who camped people non stop for months?
I thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world.

+5 internet for anything who find it
12/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Xanzül
I get the rules on a PVP server but some of the harassment the OP has to endure in this thread is really sad.

Disagreement isn't harassment but most of you people whining about pvp on pvp realms have been quite insulting and demeaning to others who don't share your viewpoints. You are not an innocent little angel here.

Except I'm not whining, I never have. I'm talking about the words you use in your *Disagreement* You can be polite and disagree at the same time they're not exclusive of each other.

You do realize that CRZ is counter productive to world pvp?

Pre-CRZ
"Got ganked come help me!"
Guildies, people from cities, ect. would come help

Post-CRZ
"Got ganked come help me!"
Anyone that tries to come help gets loaded into anothers servers version of that zone, loaded into their own version while the ganker is left on a differnt one, ect Oh wait let me get my main! aw crap... wrong server....

You mentioned earlier about the OP not having a fundamental understanding of the feature yet you yourself also seem to lack an understanding of how it works. CRZ is detrimental to actual world pvp and causes less WPVP to actually happen, I saw more action happening in Cata and WotLK than i see now. Its counter productive to introduce a feature that takes away your ability to retaliate. Not to mention if you log off when ganked and log back on a couple of times, chances are you will get moved to a different server, negating the need to have anyone come help you.

The feature is counter productive to world pvp, it is simply productive to help corpse campers and that is all.

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT PVP SERVERS NEED LESS PVP SIMPLY THAT THIS POSTER IS MISSING A HUGE PROBLEM. I really would love to see what would happen if blizzard allowed free transfers off any pvp server to any unbalanced or low pop pve servers.

I'm not missing anything. Cross realm zones have nothing to do with this discussion. Also to claim your friends can't get into the same cross realm zone as you is a flat out lie.

No, it's no. I haven't seen it happen since 5.1 though. I opened tickets about it a couple of times because I think its a bug not a feature of CRZ.

Also if you think that CRZ is not related to world pvp i think you need to stop being willfully ignorant to their connection.
You people are absolutely full of it. The reason why you are crying about pvp on pvp realms is that you no longer dominate the other faction on realms with huge faction imbalances.

Are you kidding me? My realm is the Underbog. It's majority horde and it used to be even worse than it is now. What kind of stupid do you have to be to resort to that kind of response? Seriously.

When the majority tends to move against them, instead of admitting that their facts may simply be their opinion, some people fabricate experiences to prove their point.

They are losing ground swiftly now.

So to be clear, you have never experienced problems with CRZ, no one was ever loaded into a PVP server when they rolled on a PVE server when it launched, when you leave your alt and log back on you have never been put into another server due to change in population in that zone, you have never tried to get an alt to solve the problem and end up with them not there due to being loaded into a different server.

None of that has ever happened to you? I have read several people with problems like the above. Not to mention I don't have a problem with whats going on as much as i have a problem with it screwing up wPVP due to the way it works.

Simply put, No.

I've been steadily working all my alts up to lvl 90. The most fun I've seen with CRZ is the PVP in Cata zones. leveling used to be boring and monotonous, kill mob x here, pick up node y there.

Now, you need to actually pay attention to what/who is around you, waiting to strike. And for you to strike back.

And there are players everywhere now!!!!

Fun times again. :)
12/12/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
The big issue here as I see it is that, and again Daxxarri's post above says it well, PvP realms weren't really proper PvP realms for many years, and now that they are again it's catching people off-guard.

Oh? Well then maybe you should have posted a notice a few years ago saying something along the lines of "Don't roll on PvP servers, because in a few years we will decide that there needs to be more lowbie ganking so we will unleash our wrath onto players who decided to roll on a low population realm for a reason, with the excuse that a handful of realms don't have nearly enough lowbie ganking to be considered PvP realms, our own arbitrary definition of how many of our paying customers we believe should be in any given zone at one time."

Really? Do you need your hand held all the time?

Hell, I play on a PVE realm. I haven't been on a PVP realm since 2006, and even I knew what was coming with CRZ.

The only thing I see in this thread, and in all the threads similar to these, are people who play on a PVP server who got into the mindset that it was a PVE server because some WPVP dwindled for awhile. That is not the case. WPVP picked back up, and now you're trying to set your own definitions of what PVP is supposed to mean, while completely ignoring what it actually means.

PVP = Player versus Player. Your own moral views on what level the player needs to be for it to be 'fair' is irrelevant.

If you don't like that kind of behavior, leave the server. This isn't rocket science people.

You went to a PVP server, then complain about PVP, and act like they're going to change it to please you.

Jesus christ.
12/12/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Rollingbones
To anyone considering quitting world of warcraft due to the massive increase in pvp due to cross realm zones

Try rolling on a pve server first.

My request is to those who have decided to quit wow due to the massive increase of pvp as a result of cross realm zones. Not to list obvious options to anyone on the fence.
12/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Xanzül
I get the rules on a PVP server but some of the harassment the OP has to endure in this thread is really sad.

Disagreement isn't harassment but most of you people whining about pvp on pvp realms have been quite insulting and demeaning to others who don't share your viewpoints. You are not an innocent little angel here.

And you have been the same throughout these kinds of threads. You refuse discussion, cling to the status quo as though it was the best argument in the world and insult anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Ganking and camping are two different things and I do see people confusing them in these threads. Ganking is a mild annoyance at best and is simply part of being at war with each other. Camping is actually hindering someone's game play but yet anyone who suggests any kind of consequence to this kind of behavior is weak and needs a carebear server.

I'm not all for DHK's or things that would adversely affect a player long-term or mess up their honor. I am for short term consequences that wouldn't necessarily stop camping but would motivate more people to help other's experiencing it.
12/12/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Valius

Except I'm not whining, I never have. I'm talking about the words you use in your *Disagreement* You can be polite and disagree at the same time they're not exclusive of each other.

There used to be a poster on these forums named Xanzul, no funky accents, I'm guessing because that undead clothie is no longer posting and this new lvl 1 panda IS that he got banned from posting rude and insulting comments under the guise of "I can disagree with you" and "This is a discussion forum" for too long.
Posted by BashiokAs it's been a fact of how PvP servers have worked since launch, it's not too surprising that others will respond with recommendations against being on that type of server if you don't want to accept everything that comes with it.

Technology, gamewise, has changed dramatically since that time.

Now we do not gain HKs or honor for kills outside our level range.
Now we have phasing technology ingame that can "not show" lowbies in a pvp zone.

Blizz doesn't want that even if they CAN do it.
It is about time they push the pvp programming technology forward along with the pve phasing technology.

Why should 99% of world pvp be ganking and griefing lowbies?
Make those new players that are so rare now hate wow fast, thats what blizz wants?
No, that would be bad business; So why not drag world pvp forward that one notch: personal phasing in pvp zones? It's about time to move forward.

Even the AQ crew that finished the Naxx crews work off after they left.. leaving us with 1 month quest hubs forever repetitively can escape their old paradigms.. or not XD
So if they don't ever think to move forward, just laugh as the one big expac step forward then leads to the steps back... to 8 mill by the next xpac and Mike makes them look in the mirror
12/12/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
The big issue here as I see it is that, and again Daxxarri's post above says it well, PvP realms weren't really proper PvP realms for many years, and now that they are again it's catching people off-guard. That doesn't change that they're working again as PvP realms.

Actually, they are still far from proper, but it's nice to know where you all stand on the issue.

When the majority tends to move against them, instead of admitting that their facts may simply be their opinion, some people fabricate experiences to prove their point.

They are losing ground swiftly now.

You have to be kidding, that's the best you can do? Call me a liar? My husband and I group quite often... I take my mage to him and port him around the world... I have no trouble getting to him and we always wind up together.

Sweetie, I was agreeing with you. :)

<3
Ok you guys dont understand and that is fine. The point that is trying to be made here is as such;

Players are getting ganked by 90s and that's fine. You fly over see a lower level, you kill them and you fly off to go about your business. You may see them again and kill them again, once or twice more.

Although the issue is that people are not leaving it at this level, what is happening is. a level 90 sees a guy who is 50ish levels lower than him. Then this level 90 proceeds to kills him, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again 20, 30 times. This is excessive and does nothing but completely ruin the leveling experience for people.

The only true way to get to 90 in a reasonable amount of time is to grind dungeons, or roll PvE. The issue comes down to I want to experience leveling and PvP. I have nothing wrong with world PvP, I was a vanilla player and I remember the old days. Ganking happened in vanilla too, but not to the extent is is happening now.

The only reason I'm writing this post now is because I have seen a 2minute respawn timer myself for the past 20 minutes because some 90 mage with no gear is sitting on my corpse. lol, kill me once, twice, three, hell even four times but move on. I give you nothing, all you do is put me off playing the game for nothing.

TL;DR I thoroughly enjoy world PvP but Camping someones corpse that is 50 level lower than you for 2 hours is excessive. Kill them 3-5 times if you must and move on.

Define reasonable amount of time please. For example, share your lvl 90 toon and I wil be happy to compare the dates that you reached lvl 90 with mine, and lets see who hit 90 first.

I leveled by questing, not dungeons or BGs.

Wtf are you talking about? my point is it slows peoples leveling down, that's fine, but the problem is people who STALK you for 30min to and hour for no reason i pointless and it doesnt need to happen. I understand killing a low level, thats fine, but there needs to be a point where it's considered harassment/griefing.
12/12/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Stormheals
What you've got is 1 group that wants you to waive some fees to vastly improve their play experience arguing against another that wants to make the 1st groups play experience terrible and prevent them from having fun (and the good old silent majority which probably does care either way). I hope you can look at the last sentence and see how reasonable this would be to keep pvp on pvp servers, but make moving off them for those who desire to do so reasonable.

I don't think anyone really opposes that. Sounds like a great idea.

But far too many people are looking to change the rules of pvp servers, instead of finding ways off the pvp server. They want to implement levels of control, so they can decide what is and isn't fair. That isn't how a pvp server is meant to be, and that level of control exists on pve servers.
12/12/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Bowlingball
Hell, I play on a PVE realm. I haven't been on a PVP realm since 2006, and even I knew what was coming with CRZ.

Oh, you knew CRZ was coming 3 years ago? Tell me, do you also dabble in the arts of conjuration and alchemy? Can I get you to come perform at my kid's birthday party?

12/12/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Bowlingball
You went to a PVP server, then complain about PVP, and act like they're going to change it to please you.

No, I am acting like they made a bonehead move to change it with CRZ in the first place. It was perfectly fine how it was and I rolled on that server in mid lich king because of how it was. If it naturally got back to have many players, where PvP would be just as hectic as it is now with CRZ, that would be one thing. But blizzard forcing every single server to be a high pop server is ignorant and stupid. I don't want to change the definition of PvP, I want my freaking realm back the way it was (When I decided to play on it) because blizzard butchered it.
I could try to reword a previous post by Daxx, but I'll just link it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7320822467?page=5#85

The only thing I'd add to that is something I said over and over during BC when the big complaint was about Halaa: world PvP is not fair. We're not limiting who can do it, or in what amounts, and inherently some people will want to gank lower level players. Of course we later added areas like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad which attempted to balance the sides, but outside of those, world PvP is inherently unfair. Whether factions are imbalanced, or it's just a coward looking to trounce lowbies and run at the sight of an even-leveled player, world PvP is not fair. We've got battlegrounds and arenas if you want matched fights, and you can level almost exclusively in battlegrounds all the way to 90 if you want to, or dungeons for that matter.

The big issue here as I see it is that, and again Daxxarri's post above says it well, PvP realms weren't really proper PvP realms for many years, and now that they are again it's catching people off-guard. That doesn't change that they're working again as PvP realms. In most cases there's a solution to being ganked, whether it's calling on guildies or people from your faction, or escaping and hitting a different zone, BG, or dungeon for a while. We do have policies for very extreme cases when it crosses into [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy"]ongoing harassment[/url], but even being camped for hours is something everyone should be prepared for.

As it's been a fact of how PvP servers have worked since launch, it's not too surprising that others will respond with recommendations against being on that type of server if you don't want to accept everything that comes with it.

I like me some BGs, but leveling on PvP servers is just too frustrating. I've tried it, I hate it, and that's ok. It's not going to be for everyone.
Thanks for posting that. Hopefully people will quit complaining about it now.